Prime Primavera Questions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

warp

by warp

Hi!

I'm interested on these bars. However, lazy as I am I wonder if it's possible to pass the Shimano flanged fitting connector on the brake line through the openings of the Primavera bars.

I wouldn't like to cut and bleed the brake if at all possible.

Also, have anyone used them with Ultegra Di2 (8070) levers? Apparently this bars does not play nice with all lever clamps. Some can't be lined up horizontal to the bar tops.

Thanks for any help!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

whyamihere

by whyamihere

The clamping area is weird. It's not actually round, it's more of an egg shape. I've managed to secure my Sram hoods in the right place, but I've not tried Shimanos. The cable routing holes are pretty big, so I'd imagine you could pass a hose fitting through, but again I haven't tried it.

warp

by warp

whyamihere wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:28 am
The clamping area is weird. It's not actually round, it's more of an egg shape. I've managed to secure my Sram hoods in the right place, but I've not tried Shimanos. The cable routing holes are pretty big, so I'd imagine you could pass a hose fitting through, but again I haven't tried it.
Many thanks!

Precisely, I had read about issues with SRAM levers but there is no mention about Shimano.

I think I'll give them a go. I hope I won't regret it, lol.

ogcsmith

by ogcsmith

I have some 6870 DI2 Ultegra shifters mounted to these and they seem solid enough. Granted the LBS did the mounting but they work great. They also seem to take the buzz out the road and I find the shape pleasing on the hands when on the hoods.