Clicking C64?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
1415chris

by 1415chris

Or you could go for extenders with rubber sleave like the Silca ones.

by Weenie

AJS914

by AJS914

Calnago wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:31 pm
Just a piece of tape is probably the most common. Just cut a piece and poke it right over the valve, letting the valve tear the hole then tape it to the rim. Easy peasy.
That's not making sense to me. The little bit of a jingle comes from the top of the valve stem (inner side of the rim). If I poke the valve through some tape and then insert it into the rim I'm not seeing how the tape will travel up to the top/inner part of the rim.

1415chris - I don't use extenders. I have 80mm valves / Michelin tubes on 50mm rims which is a decent fit.

(BTW, it's a very minor jingle so it doesn't really drive me crazy or anything.)

Calnago

by Calnago

You put a piece of tape over the valve when the tube is already mounted. You’re not trying to build a cushion between the valve stem and the inner diameter of the rim valve hole at this point, you’re just basically taping it down to the rim in order to keep it from banging against the sides. The tape ends up on the external sides of the rim around the valve. Yes it’s visible. And yes it stops the clicking. Done quite often.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

AJS914

by AJS914

Got it. Thanks!

scb

by scb

FWIW, I've been suffering C64 clickling/creaking and have had a couple of mechanics do everything they can do to play whack a mole. Broke down and got Ceramic Speed BB and will get it installed tonight. Hope this works.

PSM

by PSM

Calnago wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:27 am
You put a piece of tape over the valve when the tube is already mounted. You’re not trying to build a cushion between the valve stem and the inner diameter of the rim valve hole at this point, you’re just basically taping it down to the rim in order to keep it from banging against the sides. The tape ends up on the external sides of the rim around the valve. Yes it’s visible. And yes it stops the clicking. Done quite often.
I Agree.

kode54

by kode54

Not sure if you looked into the chain ring bolts. A friend had a click and we swapped cranks and the noise went away. Put it back on and it was there again. Re did all the chain ring bolts with anti seize and some grease and that got rid of the click.
- Factor 02 Disc + DA9170 + Enve 4.5AR CK CL hubs
- Moots Vamoots Disc RSL Titanium + DA9170 + Enve 3.4AR CK CL hubs
- Parlee Altum + DA9150 + Enve SES 4.5 Ene carbon hubs
- Argonaut Spacebike 2.0 + DA9170 + Enve SES 5.6 DT Swiss 240 CL hubs

wilwil

by wilwil

scb wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:05 pm
FWIW, I've been suffering C64 clickling/creaking and have had a couple of mechanics do everything they can do to play whack a mole. Broke down and got Ceramic Speed BB and will get it installed tonight. Hope this works.
What crankset are you using?