Seatpost recommendation.

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
coresare

by coresare

Hi is the MCFK the best lightweight choice for a zero offset 27.2mm? I was looking at the Darimo which is crazy light, but in my opinion that whole dyneema rope looks a bit janky. I would be worried about it stretching a little over time also. Plus the color is a bit too grey. The Schmolke rail clamp looks like it was designed to snap rails instead of hold it.. how many have had carbon rails snap because of this design? My bike came with a Ritchey and it weighs in at 139 grams (cut) but the rail clamp is really sturdy, just trying to lose about 50 more grams and don't have a lot more options. Thanks in advance.

pocari123

by pocari123

How much of the seatpost needs to be exposed? Used the carbonice flotte lotte before and no problems until I overtorqued it one day, heard a loud squeak and decided to move on from it.

Do pay attention to the length to make sure the clamping area suits your geo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie

coresare

by coresare

Hi 185 mm. Thanks

C36

by C36

Being worried is different form happening... two friends have it (i still have the version with the carbon yokes) being taller and heavier than me and they had not a single issue.
The McFk has been a lot heavier than announced, there was a post about it few month ago.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

coresare

by coresare

Thanks for the feedback. I'm assuming you are talking about the Darimo. I might get it then.

VTR1000SP2

by VTR1000SP2

I have the current revised version of the 27.2mm 0-offset MCFK on a bike that I use almost daily. It’s been trouble free over thousands of hard kms. It’s nowhere near as light as the Darimo and should this bike find a new purpose as a hill climber only, I would give the Darimo a try but for now, the MCFK is light enough and strong enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

by Weenie