Any experience with Cinelli Neos handlebars?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

biwa

by biwa

I'm comparing this Neos with Zipp SL 70 Ergo. Both carbon bars and similar shapes (70mm reach, relatively shallow drop). No experience with Cinelli products so far so don't know what to expect in terms of quality and warranty.

Specifically if anyone is using a Campy groupset with this Cinelli bars, please share if any problem w.r.t mounting shifters to these bars as some Wiggle reviewers indicate they had problems with mounting.

Thanks!

gorkypl

by gorkypl

I had big problems with mounting new Record 12 shifters on Neo Morphe, due to an indent for fingers and Campy shfters taking much space on the bars. Neos do not have this indent, so I won't expect problems here (haven't checked the Wiggle comments though).
Other than this, the quality is very good. I'm using Neos stem and seatpost with Neo Morphe bars, and I'm happy.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

adam0bmx0

by adam0bmx0

I run Neos bars on my 2018 BMC SLR01 with eTap.

Bars from memory came in at around 175g (40cm width), i weigh 72kg and they are plenty stiff for me, stem is an Extralite 110mm.

Nice shape to them in the bend/drops, I really like them.

gorkypl

by gorkypl

adam0bmx0 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:38 am
I run Neos bars on my 2018 BMC SLR01 with eTap.

Bars from memory came in at around 175g (40cm width), i weigh 72kg and they are plenty stiff for me, stem is an Extralite 110mm.

Nice shape to them in the bend/drops, I really like them.
Can you measure them? Neo morphe 40cm is actually 38cm in the hoods, 40cm is in the drops. I'm curious if it is the same with Neos.

Fuji Cross 1.5 - Shimano 105 5800 | Cinelli Superstar Disc - Record 12s | Custom steel Karamba - Ekar 13s

numberSix

by numberSix

CinelliBars.png
quality: happy so far. The bars are stiff, and the shape is really good. The 40cm I have weighed 189gm. Really like the almost-no-flair (~5mm) bend. With SRAM Red, the reach was noticably shorter than the old Easton 70 carbon that was on the bike. I convinced two friends to try the Dinamo, as it's the same bend in aluminum. With Shimano hoods the reach didn't change much vs a PRO short-shallow bar.

Campy - no idea. The issue might be the hoods vs the cable groove on the drops' inner bend. With SRAM, the clamp is higher than I'd like, but it's not causing any problems. On the bars I have, there's also a 'traction' surface for the hoods which is placed too low on the bend to be useful. The vendor sent me the bar spec, hopefully this helps: