Cycling Shoes, again. Flat-ish Feet edition?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

Another thing to ad. I have had issues with my right knee and gluteus medius through last year, all on the right side, the same side as the foot. The doctor says that it could all be connected. I was suspecting something was connected since all the issues were on the right side.

I am also feeling sorenes on the outside of the calf area when the foot pain flares up. I'm not sure what it's called but it's a tendon running from the foot. The knee and glute issues have gone away though, through physiotherapy.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rothwem

by rothwem

Roadbiker10 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:30 pm
When I look at the pic of the Trans, the shape seems like it's ass aggressive as the CX241 to me. I'll post some pics below. Having also bought the CX201, which are made for wide and flat feet. I believe those might work for you. They don't have the arch at all, but the only issue is the wide heel.
Damn, those CX201's might be the ticket. They're even good looking too, though I know that's subjective for everyone really
Roadbiker10 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:36 pm
I am also feeling sorenes on the outside of the calf area when the foot pain flares up. I'm not sure what it's called but it's a tendon running from the foot.
I'm pretty sure you're describing the peroneal tendon. I'm not a doctor or a PT though, and I have no idea how to fix it. Probably similarly to how you fix the lateral band of the plantar fascia...stop doing stuff that hurts it, but its super frustrating when the stuff that hurts it is a piece of athletic equipment that costs $300 per pair.