Which is the best bike beetwen Pinarello F12 disc and Colnago C64 disc?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

brusselsprouts

by brusselsprouts

I feel like we're being trolled

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robeambro

by robeambro

Sounds like a thread made by a 5yo looking to get his first bycicle from his parents..

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

robeambro wrote:Sounds like a thread made by a 5yo looking to get his first bycicle from his parents..
REDUTOPIA wrote:
C36 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:52 pm
REDUTOPIA wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:53 pm
Which and why is the best bike beetwen Pinarello F12 disc and Colnago C64 disc?
Define "BEST" and define what you are looking for, how, where you ride. There is not necessarly a blanket response that fit all the cases and all the riders.
I looking for a multi-purpose bike, for climb and for plain.

I mean best for tecnlogy, constructive method, features, carbon fiber, design, engineering ..
@robeambro of course because a baby makes this specific tecnical questions.

However since no one is obliged to answer if you didn't like this topic you could refrain from answering Or if you think you are so expert that this question seems to you childish, you could answer with more wisdom and show everyone why one bike is better than the other.

I asked only a tecnical versus of this two dream bike.

robeambro

by robeambro

REDUTOPIA wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:19 am
robeambro wrote:Sounds like a thread made by a 5yo looking to get his first bycicle from his parents..
REDUTOPIA wrote:
C36 wrote:
REDUTOPIA wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 1:53 pm
Which and why is the best bike beetwen Pinarello F12 disc and Colnago C64 disc?

Define "BEST" and define what you are looking for, how, where you ride. There is not necessarly a blanket response that fit all the cases and all the riders.

I mean best for tecnlogy, constructive method, features, carbon fiber, design, engineering ..

However since no one is obliged to answer if you didn't like this topic you could refrain from answering Or if you think you are so expert that this question seems to you childish, you could answer with more wisdom and show everyone why one bike is better than the other.

Well, if you call “what’s best” being technical. Not to mention that “best” doesn’t exist, it’s for kids and fanboys. “Best for you” is what exists, maybe.

To me being technical and insightful means “I am x, my rides are this long and with this much elevation, I’ve ridden such and such bike and I favour these characteristics in a bike. I intend to use these components, go this much wide on the tyres, race in this kind of occasions, my average speed is x, I am this much tall and my inseam is this much and I need a geometry like so and so..
[...]
Given all of this info, what bike would be best FOR ME and why? “

But fine I know you won’t agree and will continue thinking that your thread sounded insightful from the get go. I don’t think ive ever read anyone on this forum saying “oh yes I hadn’t considered this point of view”. So enjoy a list of fanboys coming here telling you “I vote F12 cause I have a Dogma, Pinarello is the best!” (Or likewise with Colnago)

Karvalo

by Karvalo

REDUTOPIA wrote:

Sorry, but 'which is the best bike for every type of riding' is not a specific question. 'Which bike has the best design, engineering and features' is not a specific question.

They are the most general questions you could possibly ask, and they are impossible to answer. If you ask specific questions about specific aspects f the bikes you might get a useable answer. Though I doubt anyone here has put any decent mileage on an F12 yet, so any information you're going to get on that bike is pure guesswork.

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

robeambro wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:29 am
REDUTOPIA wrote:
REDUTOPIA wrote:
C36 wrote:

Well, if you call “what’s best” being technical. Not to mention that “best” doesn’t exist, it’s for kids and fanboys. “Best for you” is what exists, maybe.

To me being technical and insightful means “I am x, my rides are this long and with this much elevation, I’ve ridden such and such bike and I favour these characteristics in a bike. I intend to use these components, go this much wide on the tyres, race in this kind of occasions, my average speed is x, I am this much tall and my inseam is this much and I need a geometry like so and so..
[...]
Given all of this info, what bike would be best FOR ME and why? “

But fine I know you won’t agree and will continue thinking that your thread sounded insightful from the get go. I don’t think ive ever read anyone on this forum saying “oh yes I hadn’t considered this point of view”. So enjoy a list of fanboys coming here telling you “I vote F12 cause I have a Dogma, Pinarello is the best!” (Or likewise with Colnago)
thanks for the more civilized answer now and I also understand your reasoning but forgive me is not correct in this case because colnago is custom built and Pinarello f12 there are 13 sizes which is practically impossible not to find the right size. Also I would mount both of them with Dura-ace di2 and with the same set of wheels I have, so the difference is only in the frame ..

I tried to understand what is considered best as features and carbon fiber etc ..

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

brusselsprouts wrote:I feel like we're being trolled

For sure. Just take a look at all the previous threads this guy started on. His hobby is to come here to do polls like these.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Karvalo wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:56 am
REDUTOPIA wrote:

Sorry, but 'which is the best bike for every type of riding' is not a specific question. 'Which bike has the best design, engineering and features' is not a specific question.

They are the most general questions you could possibly ask, and they are impossible to answer. If you ask specific questions about specific aspects f the bikes you might get a useable answer. Though I doubt anyone here has put any decent mileage on an F12 yet, so any information you're going to get on that bike is pure guesswork.

very thnaks!

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Kayrehn wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:10 am
brusselsprouts wrote:I feel like we're being trolled

For sure. Just take a look at all the previous threads this guy started on. His hobby is to come here to do polls like these.

it is forbidden?

Kayrehn

by Kayrehn

No it's not, and there will still be people willing to try make some sense of this comparison so you can go ahead and enjoy the entertainment.

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Kayrehn wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:23 am
No it's not, and there will still be people willing to try make some sense of this comparison so you can go ahead and enjoy the entertainment.

No troll.
Only a comparison.
I'm sorry that you think this!

Lewn777

by Lewn777

The difference is the Colnago is made in Lian Yun Guang, Jiangsu Province, China by ZGL and sent to Milan, Italy for assembly and final packaging. Whereas the Pinarello is made in Hui Zhou, Guangdong Province, China by Ding Peng and sent to Treviso, Italy for paint, assembly and final packaging.

I'm sure they're both great bikes, but you'd need to ride at least 1000kms on each bike to chose a favorite, very few people have done that, and fewer would have a subjective opinion as they will have chosen one to buy and will say it's better (post purchase rationalization).

One thing for sure is people will treat you differently if you buy the Pinarello because they'll think you're trying to buy performance by copying team Ineos' tour proven bike, which is the preserve of the denists and other well heeled people that hardly ever ride that 'simply want the best money can buy'.

The Colnago is definately the cooler kid option which people that understand a classic design and nice lines understand. The owners are often seen as less wealthy and sacrificing more to be able to afford their bike.

So the pinarello will probably stoke more jealousy with other riders especially if you're overweight/totally unfit/smoke. :twisted:

In reality you can just buy an Ultrega Giant TCR and have a bike that's nearly as good for a fraction of the price. :D

REDUTOPIA

by REDUTOPIA

Lewn777 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:41 am
The difference is the Colnago is made in Lian Yun Guang, Jiangsu Province, China by ZGL and sent to Milan, Italy for assembly and final packaging. Whereas the Pinarello is made in Hui Zhou, Guangdong Province, China by Ding Peng and sent to Treviso, Italy for paint, assembly and final packaging.

I'm sure they're both great bikes, but you'd need to ride at least 1000kms on each bike to chose a favorite, very few people have done that, and fewer would have a subjective opinion as they will have chosen one to buy and will say it's better (post purchase rationalization).

One thing for sure is people will treat you differently if you buy the Pinarello because they'll think you're trying to buy performance by copying team Ineos' tour proven bike, which is the preserve of the denists and other well heeled people that hardly ever ride that 'simply want the best money can buy'.

The Colnago is definately the cooler kid option which people that understand a classic design and nice lines understand. The owners are often seen as less wealthy and sacrificing more to be able to afford their bike.

So the pinarello will probably stoke more jealousy with other riders especially if you're overweight/totally unfit/smoke. :twisted:

In reality you can just buy an Ultrega Giant TCR and have a bike that's nearly as good for a fraction of the price. :D
thanks!

robertbb

by robertbb

Lewn777 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:41 am

Actually...

In reality you can just buy an Ultrega Giant TCR and have a bike that's far better a fraction of the price.

Stueys

by Stueys

I’d probably get some thing else but if it was between those two then F12.

In my view the C64 is the bike you get when you want to be looked after. Stable handling, comfortable ride, not interested in being the fastest or lightest. The dogma is a bike that’s designed to go quickly, will use the latest tech and probably makes some compromises on comfort, etc to achieve that goal.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com