How to make it fit? 3T Aeronova & Profile Design Sonic CSX

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Konsi

by Konsi

Hello,

I ran into some trouble with the combination of Handlebar and TT-Clip-on. The 3T Aeronova Team is officially ok to install clip-ons, but the Profile Design Sonic CSX are quite wide and don't fit next to the stem (Ritchey C220). Although they are not listed as compatible, does anyone know if I could use a riser kit ( https://profile-design.com/collections/ ... iser-kit-1 ), the 10mm one would be sufficient, to put them a bit higher and make it fit? Or is this for some (safety/mechanical) reasons not advisable? I would like to keep the clip-on, they are so nice and light and the shape fits me, but if I cannot fit them, I would have to look for other options :?

Best

Konstantin

Konsi

by Konsi

As no one had an opinion on this (ok, it is neither Disc Brakes nor Aero vs Weight), I just tried to make it fit myself. I organised a pair of 10mm Spacers from Profile Design and carefully sanded them to make them fit with the handlebar (it is not perfectly round in that section), taking at most a mm of material off. Now it fits and holds tight with 4nm torque and some carbon paste.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com