Rotor Q Ring

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Hi all,

i'm currently running a 52/36 chainset with 5 bolts 110bcd (power2max). If I want to move onto 54/42 but keeping 110bcd spider/crank (keeping to low budget), am i likely to run into chainring flex? or Rotor Q ring should be stiff enough? (im only doing triathlon runs, so no high power sprint. most it will see is probably 700w). Thanks.
In the house: Colnago V1r, Colnago A1r, Wilier Cento1 Air, Scott Scale 700SL, Bianchi FSE, Colnago Concept, Colnago A1r, Specialized Ruze Pro, Wilier GTR, Argon 18 E117 Tri+, Brompton B75

by Weenie

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Do you run Aero version? Shouldn't matter, you won't notice I would imagine...if regular rings...probably wouldn't notice either if not the aero version. Aero version of coure solid disc which aluminum is then carved out the rings/minor holes for mounting etc..plus the aero benefit. Since I'm a sprinter, I went with the solid/aero rings because of stiffness, and the added aero which doens't hurt. Yes, they weight a tad more, but so what.

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Thanks for your input. Sounds like add-to-basket time!
In the house: Colnago V1r, Colnago A1r, Wilier Cento1 Air, Scott Scale 700SL, Bianchi FSE, Colnago Concept, Colnago A1r, Specialized Ruze Pro, Wilier GTR, Argon 18 E117 Tri+, Brompton B75