Rotor Q Ring

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Hi all,

i'm currently running a 52/36 chainset with 5 bolts 110bcd (power2max). If I want to move onto 54/42 but keeping 110bcd spider/crank (keeping to low budget), am i likely to run into chainring flex? or Rotor Q ring should be stiff enough? (im only doing triathlon runs, so no high power sprint. most it will see is probably 700w). Thanks.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:

Zigmeister

by Zigmeister

Do you run Aero version? Shouldn't matter, you won't notice I would imagine...if regular rings...probably wouldn't notice either if not the aero version. Aero version of coure solid disc which aluminum is then carved out the rings/minor holes for mounting etc..plus the aero benefit. Since I'm a sprinter, I went with the solid/aero rings because of stiffness, and the added aero which doens't hurt. Yes, they weight a tad more, but so what.

by Weenie

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Thanks for your input. Sounds like add-to-basket time!
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup: