Garmin mount

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

petosagan

by petosagan

Hi

Do you know other garmin mounts like the f3 cycling mount, the f3 are awesome but pretty expensive.. I saw others but not sure if they are good.

Thanks

Envoyé de mon SM-A530W en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Just bought F3 instead of Alpitude mount. I have mounted Garmin Edge 130 on it. I thought the standard long arms would be too long.
But since the unit have buttons facing the handlebar, you'd need to position the mount about half arm lenght out.
There's several mounts that are cheaper, but with F3 you're safe if you change stem.
You need to consider the bolt holes distance appart, which you can set by yourself with F3.
Most of the mounts are "fixed".
My unit is 28 grams, and 29 grams with the spacers (stem bolts not included).
The stainless stell bolts are not light, so perhaps you'd want to buy titanium bolts instead?
I ordered two black bolts. The cheaper versions mounts you ask for most likely will come with steel bolts to.
+ the mentioned fact, most mounts are made for a fixed bolt distance.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

petosagan

by petosagan

I have the cannondale c1 stem.
2016.. I think it is m5 bolts.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

If you want a cheaper mount, you can look at this link
http://edge-mount.bike
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I also have the Cannondale C1 stem, did your's come with the integrated mount? Mine did but I found the stock one to be too long, too high and loose fitting (both the Garmin attachement and the GoPro style pivot) so I kept the part that mounts to the stem's faceplate and replaced the extension with a Bontrager Blendr Low. It works very well, solid fit and hold of the computer and puts it lower with an adjustable angle, it looks very clean, more in line with the bars, they are pretty cheap and not too heavy too (sorry, didn't weigh it).
IMG_9618.jpeg

petosagan

by petosagan

wheelsONfire wrote:If you want a cheaper mount, you can look at this link
Dont have enve stem but Thanks

petosagan

by petosagan

Dan Gerous wrote:I also have the Cannondale C1 stem, did your's come with the integrated mount? Mine did but I found the stock one to be too long, too high and loose fitting (both the Garmin attachement and the GoPro style pivot) so I kept the part that mounts to the stem's faceplate and replaced the extension with a Bontrager Blendr Low. It works very well, solid fit and hold of the computer and puts it lower with an adjustable angle, it looks very clean, more in line with the bars, they are pretty cheap and not too heavy too (sorry, didn't weigh it).
IMG_9618.jpeg
Great
Thanks
Which garmin do you have? I will have the edge 530 and the new edge has 2 buttons at the base, so the mount needs to be not too short

mattr

by mattr

petosagan wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:49 pm
Absolutely nothing to do with enve. Except it fits a couple of their stems.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

petosagan wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 8:53 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:I also have the Cannondale C1 stem, did your's come with the integrated mount? Mine did but I found the stock one to be too long, too high and loose fitting (both the Garmin attachement and the GoPro style pivot) so I kept the part that mounts to the stem's faceplate and replaced the extension with a Bontrager Blendr Low. It works very well, solid fit and hold of the computer and puts it lower with an adjustable angle, it looks very clean, more in line with the bars, they are pretty cheap and not too heavy too (sorry, didn't weigh it).

IMG_9618.jpeg
Great
Thanks
Which garmin do you have? I will have the edge 530 and the new edge has 2 buttons at the base, so the mount needs to be not too short

I have the 520 with bottom buttons too. I think the 530 is slightly bigger though.

EDIT: Not sure the 530 will fit. The buttons would not be a problem, it's the mount that curves upwards as it nears the bars, the 520 is pretty much sitting against that curve, the 530 being longer, it might actually not fit at all when you try to rotate it to lock it into place.
Last edited by Dan Gerous on Sat May 11, 2019 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

petosagan

by petosagan

Ok.. I saw. But more expensive than f3 mount .

petosagan

by petosagan

Dan Gerous wrote:
petosagan wrote:

IMG_9618.jpeg
Great
Thanks

I have the 520 with bottom buttons too. I think the 530 is slightly bigger though.

EDIT: Not sure the 530 will fit. The buttons would not be a problem, it's the mount that curves upwards as it nears the bars, the 520 is pretty much sitting against that curve, the 530 being longer, it might actually not fit at all when you try to rotate it to lock it into place.
If you have a chance to take pics with the 520 on it, it would be great

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

petosagan wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 9:24 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
petosagan wrote:

IMG_9618.jpeg
Great
Thanks

If you have a chance to take pics with the 520 on it, it would be great

As you see, the buttons have plenty of space, it's underneath that it's tight, maybe too much to fit.
IMG_9620.jpeg
IMG_9621.jpeg
They make a version that goes up so you can use much bigger Garmin models... but then it's higher up. If you have round bars, there are a lot of options though. I've used older Bar Fly Gen 2 mounts, they work great, lighter than the newer ones I think but they need bars that remain round beside the stem.
Last edited by Dan Gerous on Sat May 11, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

petosagan wrote:

Enve stem? Why in heavens name would you need an Enve stem?
There's probably atleast 50 different versions.
Have you even looked at the link?

http://edge-mount.bike/?post_type=product

These mounts cost around 50 Euros and as far as i've seen the F3 cost more (atleast mine did)
Bikes:

Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

petosagan

by petosagan

wheelsONfire wrote:
petosagan wrote:

Enve stem? Why in heavens name would you need an Enve stem?
There's probably atleast 50 different versions.
Have you even looked at the link?

http://edge-mount.bike/?post_type=product

These mounts cost around 50 Euros and as far as i've seen the F3 cost more (atleast mine did)
I said enve cause someone told me something earlier about enve mount and I just make a mistake, not a big deal..

On the f3 mount, I see 59$ on the website and they give 15% off.. so 50€ should be higher.. but I have to see if edge have something for my stem... cannondale c1

RocketRacing

by RocketRacing

I got a 13g raceware garmin mount. 3d printed.

Light, but given it is a bit soft vs other plastics, the garmin does not lock in 100% solid and can be pushed a degree or two off from centre. My ocd makes me straighten it at the start of a ride. Worth the cost in my brain.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com