Cinelli Nemo Tig Disc

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
welchy

by welchy

Has anybody had any experience on one of these? Considering this as my next purchase with Campy Record 12 Hydro and Bora 35s but have seen limited feedback and reviews.

I’ll be selling my C60 and I know they will not be comparable but over the next few years I’ll be doing a lot of travelling with the bike and would like something to worry about less.

Any info is great info!
8CCF9E04-9897-4253-9455-165B7B38023F.png
Best regards,

Tom :up:

GothicCastle

by GothicCastle

I have a rim brake Nemo Tig. Really like it.

It arrived with good alignment and the frame built up with no problems. Finish on the frame was good. There was some confusion about the bottom bracket. It is listed with a PF86 (the dealer even confirmed this) but it arrived with an English threaded BB (which is perfectly fine for me). I think going back to a threaded bottom bracket is a 2019 change. Tire clearance looks pretty good; room for at least 28mm tires.

I put 9100 on this one; there is something very satisfying about a good steel frame with a mechanical group set. Replace tires and bearings periodically and this will last forever.

Modern steel has a nice ride. Taught, springy.

I’m in between a medium and a large in the Nemo; I’m actually thinking of having them make a custom geometry for me to replace this frame.
Last edited by GothicCastle on Fri May 10, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Roel W

by Roel W

It high on my wishlist too.

The Nemo has had diferent bottom brackets during the years. From press-fit (early rim brake models) to threaded. Maybe that explains the confusion of the frame listed and received.
CANYON Ultimate AL 2010
CANYON Ultimate CF SL 2014
CANYON Ultimate CF SL disc 2018
Instagram @roeleur

Tychom

by Tychom

Believe the disc version is BSA only as it was only the first model year rim brake Nemo Tig that was pressfit.

As an aside it looks like there's some of those early versions still floating about - chainreactioncycles in the uk have some bad user feedback on their Nemo Tig listing which is advertised as BSA but a buyer received the pressfit version. I'd double check any (rim brake) model that's marked down in price for this.

Shame the disc model has a more limited choice of colours by default.

tharmor

by tharmor

I felt that only having room for 28mm was limiting and surprising. Push that out to 35-40 and it would be a killer road/gravel option. And that price is friendly as well.

Roel W

by Roel W

This was at display on a bike show in Belgium last Januar:
Stunning!! (except for the bar tape that needed to be plain black)
CANYON Ultimate AL 2010
Instagram @roeleur

3Pio

by 3Pio

Does ayone know exact weight of BSA Rim Brake frame and Fork?

And how is sizing in Cinelli? I can see that compared to Colnago geometry have a big stack/short reach.. So probably sizing down and using longer stem will solve this?

Look like very nice Steel bike option, and seem like better one vs Ritchey Road Logic...

Roel W

by Roel W

3Pio wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 6:49 am
Look like very nice Steel bike option, and seem like better one vs Ritchey Road Logic...
Why?
Ritchey Logic is about half the price (1100€ vs 2070€), rim only and thin tubed steel (vs oversized Cinelli Nemo). That would make Cinelli Nemo and Road Logic totally different bikes and hard to compare.
CANYON Ultimate AL 2010
Instagram @roeleur

by Weenie

welchy

by welchy

So, ordered today in XL. Should arrive on Tuesday. I’ll start a thread.

Campag Record 12 Speed Hydro

Fulcrum racing Quattro DB Carbons

Not sure what else yet!