Stiffest ~700gr frame that isn't priced top third

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
3Pio

by 3Pio

reedplayer wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:12 pm
i although sent an email to lw concerning frame registration and look forward to their reply.
i put frame fork wheelset bar saddle and some parts together, its a nice looking frame, but very, very modest appaerance, far away from current fashion.
Seem that i missed out :(

@reedplayer, how u get that code and timing when is valid? Will there be again this kind of discounts for those framesets?

KCookie

by KCookie

3Pio wrote:
reedplayer wrote:
i although sent an email to lw concerning frame registration and look forward to their reply.
i put frame fork wheelset bar saddle and some parts together, its a nice looking frame, but very, very modest appaerance, far away from current fashion.

@reedplayer, how u get that code and timing when is valid? Will there be again this kind of discounts for those framesets?
From what reedplayer said the discount ended at midnight that's why I jumped on it.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

by Weenie

3Pio

by 3Pio

KCookie wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 7:23 am
3Pio wrote:
reedplayer wrote:

From what reedplayer said the discount ended at midnight that's why I jumped on it.

Beeing on short vacation and beeing out from home, so not able to do it until midnight :(

Congrats for ur new frameset.. Waiting for build thread and impressions after u build it...

If there is again similar discount maybe i'll jump in as well...

reedplayer

by reedplayer

@KCookie: carbon sports respond to the rcz offer in this thread:
https://forum.tour-magazin.de/showthrea ... =urgestalt

they write, rcz is not delivered by them, but if you buy a frame there, you can infom them about the serial and they will verify. thats what i did

@3Pio: i just have to wait, what lw is answering.

btw: cs is selling frames for 2250.- on their homepage (not far from the 2042.- euro i paid at rcz...), all sizes, colours available, except 51 (my size)

https://shop.lightweight.info/en/SpringSale/

KCookie

by KCookie

reedplayer wrote:@KCookie: carbon sports respond to the rcz offer in this thread:
https://forum.tour-magazin.de/showthrea ... =urgestalt

they write, rcz is not delivered by them, but if you buy a frame there, you can infom them about the serial and they will verify. thats what i did

@3Pio: i just have to wait, what lw is answering.

btw: cs is selling frames for 2250.- on their homepage (not far from the 2042.- euro i paid at rcz...), all sizes, colours available, except 51 (my size)

https://shop.lightweight.info/en/SpringSale/
If Lightweight are not sending them the frames I wonder where they get them from. Let's hope they are legit.

reedplayer

by reedplayer

they are legit for shure, rcz is selling remaining stocks from completely different brands (from "poison bikes" to "time"), of course they are not provided by the manufacturers themselves. the question is, if "carbon sports" is giving their warranty (how claimed on the product description of rcz!).
otherwise i ll have to contact rcz once more. they have to take care for this case. (or pay a refund, because the frame was sold under wrong conditions)
but dont let us be to upset and just look forward to the upcoming things. :D
http://www.rczbikeshop.de/de/marken.html
Last edited by reedplayer on Sat May 25, 2019 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

KCookie

by KCookie

I was initially concerned because you said the code wound not register with lightweight as there were not enough digits.

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

This is probably not to LW's liking. Now people who sees this wouldn't want to drop 4K Euro on any LW frameset.
If they can sell them at this price, i would seriously consider the value of these frames to begin with.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2018.12.21)
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156137
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D

reedplayer

by reedplayer

KCookie wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:43 am
I was initially concerned because you said the code wound not register with lightweight as there were not enough digits.

i used a code which is fixed on the case, and this one registered. the automatic reply from cs confirmed the registration, but of a wheelset, and not of a frame. so i am not shure, if this is the correct code. looking forward to the answer of cs, i hope on monday.;-)

KCookie

by KCookie

Seems a little strange the codes don't match the products. Looking forward to the answer, any problems and I'll be cancelling the order. Hopefully I get an answer from lightweight and RCZ soon for an explanation.

Kumppa

by Kumppa

RCZ is little bit strange shop but totally legit as they are selling these left over stocks. It's not fake stuff. 20 working days can take more or less so don't expect to get it just after a month.

For warranty RCZ need work with the "real seller" and it can take some time. With some manufacturers there can be a problem if they are saying it's not bought from registered dealer. But for 1200€ you get new 4000€ frame and it might be same price what you need pay for used frame which don't have warranty as you are not first owner. But good thing is that RCZ is selling these LW frames with European distrubutor warranty so I would pull trigger if I would be looking new frame. If Lightweight is not going to warranty register these you can always return product becouse of false information.

I have bought one frame from here. Just becouse I got reply from manufacturer it will have full warranty as long I have receipt and I'll register product. Even it's bought from RCZ. It had 20 working days waiting time and after 5 weeks it was shipped via UPS.

You need have patience to buy from RCZ and with -70% price you might take risk with warranty or working it takes really long. Thats why Iam not fan of buying expensive stuff from here if the saving isn't massive.

C36

by C36

700g with highest stiffness stds is not possible unless you go for raw / simple coating paint. I filtered the sub 850g frames, the color coding is a personal scale built over the years, based on how I felt different frames (with the bias that most of those frames are 56 -sometime 58?- when I ride 50-52 frames).

From this list the SS HM, the SL6 and the Canyon Ultimate are the ones with the best behavior on the road, other options (emonda, addict) apeared to have some flex that -IMO-degraded frame responsivness, not sure if that's the reason the AX Vial is now 100g heavier (almost 800g with clear-coat) but has stiffness numbers that are higher.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

3Pio

by 3Pio

C36 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 4:29 pm
700g with highest stiffness stds is not possible unless you go for raw / simple coating paint. I filtered the sub 850g frames, the color coding is a personal scale built over the years, based on how I felt different frames (with the bias that most of those frames are 56 -sometime 58?- when I ride 50-52 frames).

From this list the SS HM, the SL6 and the Canyon Ultimate are the ones with the best behavior on the road, other options (emonda, addict) apeared to have some flex that -IMO-degraded frame responsivness, not sure if that's the reason the AX Vial is now 100g heavier (almost 800g with clear-coat) but has stiffness numbers that are higher.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I wonder how those frames/ bikes compare to more heavier in term of stifness, for example vs two i ride now.. Colnago C60 and Caad12 (on this i wonder even more since is alloy )... If i dont loose too much of stifness of those i ride now, and also comfort (especially on C60), but i get lighter frameset, maybe i'll jump in to build something lighter.... And now i really wonder if it's wort at all to save 300-350 gm on frameset if loosing other qualities...

Two days ago, i rode 155 km, with two steps climbs.. One 10.2 km, 9% avg grade, and on same ride another hill about 5 km, again 9% avg (In between other climbs as well).. On this ride not sure that the lightest frameset will be the perfect choice, if it's loosing other qualities...

I read a lot of reviews about Lightweight frameset (geometry on this one match me perfectly. Very similar stack/reach as C60, also i can see a bit confusing wheelbase.. On some chart in 54 is 980 (which is on more stable side), on some chart about 972 (which is more nervouse side and more chance for toe overlap).

Anyway seem that Geometry match me perfectly (in 54) , But most of those reviews show this frame as very firm and not comfortable riding.. So now more time to research this without pressure :), and in this moment i have idea that maybe SuperSixEvo (seem that even Non HiMod is similar weight and more stiff) or Tarmac S-Works SL6 are better buys...

reedplayer

by reedplayer

KCookie wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:08 am
Seems a little strange the codes don't match the products. Looking forward to the answer, any problems and I'll be cancelling the order. Hopefully I get an answer from lightweight and RCZ soon for an explanation.

good news, i just checked the manual, which provides the serial and the code! code is the same number, which is although written on the case and which i used for registration yesterday. i think it did not match the product, because i forgot to choose the right option in the beginning.
so obviously everything allright from the part of rcz.

regards

ps: registration worked perfect!

Felixhase

by Felixhase

Hi guys,

I am also looking for a new climbing Frameset:

At the Moment I am between Canyon Ultimate EVO, Cannondale SS or Focus Izalco max.
Do you think it is worth to wait for 2020 models, i guess it will be more about Aero and disc brake frames and not superlight frames anymore?! :(

Here is a nice offer of an Cannondale SS, as there are many SS versions on the market and I am not an expert.. what does this particular frame and fork (linked below) weigh in size 56?! Is this a light SS version or a "heavy" one?

https://www.fahrrad-xxl.de/cannondale-s ... ugEALw_wcB

Cheers Felix

by Weenie