Carbon fiber direct mount brakes in the future?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

Do you think there will be a carbon fiber made direct mount brake? It would certainly lighten up the bike significantly.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

I have sent them an email and they replied saying that they are working on a DM version. Let's hope it will come to fruition.

https://www.lekki8.com/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I've seen chinese carbon cranks but no carbon brake calipers. I hope they will make some soon.

At equal weight they should perform much better and if much lighter they should be at least similarly good.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

If ciamillo can do a direct mount brake I am in! If anyone can push the envelope it is ciamillo but of course we will have to be patient until the product is released.

Vjl

by Vjl

Do your research on Ciamillo!!!

mattr

by mattr

mike wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 10:01 am
If ciamillo can do a direct mount brake I am in! If anyone can push the envelope it is ciamillo but of course we will have to be patient until the product is released.
Or patient until the company gets wound up and he skips the country?

I wonder if everyone has recieved their goods yet, as per the last thread.....

by 573

Vjl wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 11:47 am
Do your research on Ciamillo!!!
You do yours. They seem to be proving that they've overcome their previous issues. My Lekki8s arrived within days of ordering.

mattr

by mattr

Have they sorted all their previous issues yet?

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Maybe he got his act in gear, but on the backs of everyone that did not get their products. Why would you want to support someone like that?

If indeed he has turned his ship around, he do what is right and take care of his past. If he did that, I think he would get a bit more support for his products. We all make mistakes but we do not all screw people over to support those mistakes.

Attermann

by Attermann

Butcher wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:28 pm
Maybe he got his act in gear, but on the backs of everyone that did not get their products. Why would you want to support someone like that?

If indeed he has turned his ship around, he do what is right and take care of his past. If he did that, I think he would get a bit more support for his products. We all make mistakes but we do not all screw people over to support those mistakes.

They have been telling people to get in touch with them, so they can be compensated

dgasmd

by dgasmd

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 4:55 am
I have sent them an email and they replied saying that they are working on a DM version. Let's hope it will come to fruition.

https://www.lekki8.com/
I cannot for the life of me understand why there is a single person buying their stuff, but much less defending them. Maybe it is just me....... :noidea:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

I was one of the original crank testers. Ted did not come up with a viable crankset for production but he sent me a set of free set zero g ti brakes and a t shirt that said I was a zero gravity crank tester but all I got was this lousy t shirt.