T47 bottom bracket standard

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
silvalis

by silvalis

Yep, but I believe both AXS groups are only DUB?, so None of the major groupset players are 30mm anymore. T47 is a patch fix for 30mm cranks and if you believe sram's claims about dub durability in small BB formats, then IMO it's a poor solution for carbon bikes.

Oh I see. There’s a narrow and a wide format t47. Confusing
Chasse patate

by Weenie

talltales

by talltales

T47 appear to have the same axle-bearing metal to metal contact, that was the reason my crank was creaking and the reason some crank axles get severely worn over time. I would have liked to see a sleeve like on hollowtech II that is creak free and doesnt abrade the axle. Other than that I believe its a solid step away from the annoying press fit BBs that at best belong on a Walmart bike.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

T47 is a BB shell standard. Whether the BB has plastic sleeves or not it’s up to the BB manufacturer. My CK BB has plastic sleeves so the 30mm spindle has no metal to metal contact with the bearing. Where did you get the impression that T47 BBs don’t use sleeves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdawg

by kdawg

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:06 am
T47 is a BB shell standard. Whether the BB has plastic sleeves or not it’s up to the BB manufacturer. My CK BB has plastic sleeves so the 30mm spindle has no metal to metal contact with the bearing. Where did you get the impression that T47 BBs don’t use sleeves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My White Industries BB doesn’t have a sleeve - but I thought that the sleeve only prevented water etc getting in from the seat tube - it only goes between the inside edges of the cups rather than between the axle and bearings.
I'm left handed, if that matters.