Campagnolo Record 12 with TRP Spyre ?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
morrisond

by morrisond

I ordered them and have them in hand but have yet to install them.

They are works of art and beautifully made - very light with the insides machined out.

by Weenie

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Tried it and gave up. Campag lever dont work well with spyres. Whole they work initially your forever adjusting to keep them working. Brake rub is an on off issue as well.

Camapfnolo hydro and hope rs4 work well if you have a post mount frame and fork. I used the campag rotors for that build. They felt good and customer like them on the road.

octav

by octav

I just changed to compresionless ; XTR disc and good brake pads on the front. The bite now seems ok but I need to test in the weekend.
In the end I guess Campy Hyrdaulic + postmount brake(HOPE or Magura) should be better but wanted to try this first.

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

I used compressionless casing as well. Bite was fine initally it was the need for constant adjustment that was the problem. also the brake rub when the rotor wet ever so slightly out of lin. With the hyrd the caliper failed as you have to move the arm in a fair bit so as the pads wear the caliper does not self adjust. Then the pistons move out of line.

Campag levers dont work with mechanical calipers. You can get them to work initally but long term they are imply not worth it.

jih

by jih

This thread seems like a lot of work to get sub-par performance from some expensive equipment. Why not use the Campag hydraulic levers?

octav

by octav

I already have the gruppo Campy Super Record 11; just needed to buy some postmount brakes as my frame is PM.
I will try this new setup and if not; buy a H11 with Hope/Magura PM brake calipers as Chorus 12 is almost 50% more expensive than the offer I found. Will keep you posted on the way it works.
It seems they don't work ok, fully agree with you @bm0p700f :) But at least one more try 60 euro investment in the housing and new brake pads. The XTR disc I will be able to use in any future system