Identifying Froome's Saddle on F12

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

steventran

by steventran

Can anyone identify the saddle on Froome's new F12? See cyclingnews gallery: http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/chr ... -gallery/
After a years on an Antares, I got a bike fit and I'm now in the market for a new saddle with cut out that doesn't look funny/short. I tried the Fizik Versus Evo, no go.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Shape look similar to Prologo Dimension, without any graphic.
But it isn't.
The Prologo dimension has curvy in the rear. While Froome's saddle is straight cut.
Last edited by Hexsense on Thu May 02, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

good question. It isnt referenced on any article Ive seen and there's no close ups. Could be a prototype fizik?

Looks very similar to the new syncros tofino saddle but that's probably just coincidence
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

Hexsense wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:45 pm
Shape look similar to Prologo Dimension, without any graphic.
The dimension has a V profile at the back of the saddle. Froome's looks to be flat/square

Edit:beat me to it!
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

Swannie

by Swannie

was already posted in other thread: its a syncros.

steventran

by steventran

Perhaps more accurately, a gebiomized: https://gebiomized.de/en/2019/01/16/tea ... ebiomized/

PlumzRichard

by PlumzRichard

He rides for Fizik, Fizik currently dont currently offer a "power" in there range. So i think what your seeing there is a new Fizik product...

GaBa

by GaBa

I have already written this in pro cycling thread:

Like some already said. He uses Gebiomized saddle but it is custom (rails, maybe also shell, not sure about that one). You can see a spot of white at the back of the saddle (Gebiomized have a white line at the back in the middle). If you go see his instagram account he once posted a clip where he mentions gebiomized (on a trainer, working on his position).

And true, if I remember correctly Syncros makes saddles for Gebiomized. I used Fizik before (antares and arione 00) and got numbness many times, even on just a casual ride, no hard intervals. With gebiomized all issues are gone, I cannot praise it enough. No movement on the saddle, you sit on it and find the right position immediately.

kgt

by kgt

With all respect I cannot see how these saddles are different or more advanced than any other high quality saddle. They just have two models (a narrow and a wide) with ti rails, a pretty standard shape, and a channel which looks more decorative than a big opening relieving pressure.

On top of that some quotes from their site are rather... naive:
"“When will gebioMized finally launch their own saddles?” We have heard this question over and over again over the years".
"Developed by bike fitters, made for bike fitters" ?
"The Secret Saddle Club also played a decisive role in the success of this project: a conspiratorial association of bike fitters from all over the world..." ok

I am sure that they will be great at bike fitting since Ineos chose them but the fact that Froome uses their saddles looks more as a part of a marketing deal.

muti

by muti

Trendelenburg's and Duchenne's signs used as a part of a bike fit...I think I need a drink and cry alone...

Hexsense

by Hexsense

GaBa wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:22 am
And true, if I remember correctly Syncros makes saddles for Gebiomized. I used Fizik before (antares and arione 00) and got numbness many times, even on just a casual ride, no hard intervals. With gebiomized all issues are gone, I cannot praise it enough. No movement on the saddle, you sit on it and find the right position immediately.
How do you find the pelvic rotation range?
Does it allow wide free range of pelvic rotation like Selle SMP?
Or narrow range but you can adjust the saddle tilt to fit preferred pelvic rotation?

robertbb

by robertbb

kgt wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:58 am
With all respect I cannot see how these saddles are different or more advanced than any other high quality saddle.
Tend to agree. To me this looks like a cross between a Specialized Romin Evo and the latest Specialized Phenom.

I mean, yes, everyone's ass and sitbones varies but we're all homo sapiens (I think :lol:) so there's not going to me that much difference to basic principles.

The only truly innovative and unique saddle shape we've seen that was a significant departure from the norm is the Selle SMP. And one might also argue modern short-nosed or Tri saddles are a bit different too.

GaBa

by GaBa

Hexsense wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:06 pm
GaBa wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:22 am
How do you find the pelvic rotation range?
Does it allow wide free range of pelvic rotation like Selle SMP?
Or narrow range but you can adjust the saddle tilt to fit preferred pelvic rotation?
I haven't tried Selle SMP so cannot really compare these saddles. And besides numbness I didn't have any other issues with Fizik. My saddle is not tilted. Not sure if that helps you in any way though :oops:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

GaBa

by GaBa

kgt wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:58 am
With all respect I cannot see how these saddles are different or more advanced than any other high quality saddle. They just have two models (a narrow and a wide) with ti rails, a pretty standard shape, and a channel which looks more decorative than a big opening relieving pressure.
Of course, my intention was not to say these saddles are superior to others in any way. I just commented that it suits me and we know that that's all that matters really when it comes to saddles :)

And as far as models count goes, there are actually 8, true you have two model names - Slate and Area, but then these two come in two widths and each width in either T or V shape.