V2-R Stem/Handlebar combo?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

wintershade

by wintershade

Hello -- Does anyone know what stem/handlebar combo is being used in the 2019 Colnago catelog? It looks smart. I was debating between Deda Superzero vs Superleggero for a climbing oriented race bike.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wintershade

by wintershade

Also open to suggestions for cockpit setup. I want something lightweight, aero, stiff, and good looking (with a 2019 black/red V2-R) but NOT integrated.

asiantrick

by asiantrick

Been very happy so far with running Ritchey Super Logic C260 stem and Ritchey super logic II handlebar. I'm Ritchey fan boy though, so I might be biased :)

AJS914

by AJS914

On the web site, it looks like the Colnago r41 stem.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Yes it is the R41 stem and bar combination (not integrated.) I recently fitted it to my Concept. I also have bikes with the Superzero and Superleggera setups; the R41 stem is VERY stiff.

AndreLM

by AndreLM

PRO Vibe Aero SL handlebar would look great, is aero and decently light (at least for an aero bar). Just be aware that mounting a computer might be challenge since the clamping area is quite narrow.

I don't like the looks of the Vibe stem and would probably choose something else, but it is definitely stiff and not offensively heavy.

Enviado de meu SM-G950F usando o Tapatalk

wintershade

by wintershade

Mockenrue wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:05 pm
Yes it is the R41 stem and bar combination (not integrated.) I recently fitted it to my Concept. I also have bikes with the Superzero and Superleggera setups; the R41 stem is VERY stiff.
Cool. I'll look into the R41. Any chance you could compare and contract the strenths/wearknesses of hte 3 setups, since these are the exact 3 I'm comparing? What would you put on a climbing-oriented race V2-R? I'm more of a slowtwitch rider -- long solos, breakaways, etc... not so much a big watt sprinter so I don't need CRAZY stiff, but I hate noodle handlebars that feel like they might break! Superzero looks heavy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com