Di2 Compatible full integrated bar suggestions

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

warp

by warp

Hi!

I just took delivery of a Giant Defy Advanced Pro 0 in Medium. Unfortunately it comes with a 42cm bar. I had been using a Deda Superzero 38cm on my Canyon Ultimate.

I'd like to substitute the bars for another 38cm bar... 40cm c-c is the max I could live with. I have not real objection to another Giant D-Fuse bar other than it doesn't come in 38cm (min is 40cm).

The bar has to have full compatibility with Di2 internal wiring, the sort that has a hole in the bar that feeds into the stem and bar end junction box in order to keep the original cabel routing. Aero shape is a nice to have too.

So far the only two bars that I know meet these criteria are the Giant D-Fuse and the Pro Aero Vibe. Both are 40cm c-c in their smallest size.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

rlanger

by rlanger

Don't have any experience with it as I also use the Superzero, but this is a beautiful bar that fits your requirements:

https://www.specialized.com/cr/en/s-wor ... s/p/157854

TheDoctor

by TheDoctor

Wiggle has the Prime Primavera carbon bar in 38cm - not very expensive and big holes to feed the cables through.

Imaking20

by Imaking20

With similar requirements, I also landed on a Pro Vibe Aero and it's been an awesome bar. I recently picked up a 3T Superergo LTD to cover the same bases - except exchanging aero for a light bar. It also seems very nice.

sennder

by sennder

I just got the 3T Superergo LTD. Amazing bars! They seem to be fully di2 compatible (no blockage around shifter clamp area so barend junction will work).

coresare

by coresare

I can second the 3T Superergo. It comes in a 38, but is not an aero / flat top style. Below are photos

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=151297&hilit=wilier+zero.6

On my Cervelo I have the Enve Aero SES which has internal routing also. That bar is a little odd though the way it is measured. I have the size 42 which is at the drops. At the hoods it's about 37mm C-C.

If you got the size 40 .. it would be a 35 at the hoods. That's like girly size :lol:

warp

by warp

Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

The Superergo is nice as is the Enve... I'm just not positive they do have a hole in the middle section of the bar to pass the Di2 cables into the stem as the Giant stem is designed to.

The Primavera and the Aero Vibe do have this hole. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks again!

sennder

by sennder

warp wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:25 am
I'm just not positive they do have a hole in the middle section of the bar to pass the Di2 cables into the stem as the Giant stem is designed to.
I can confirm that the Superergo does not have a hole in the center of the clamp area.

--Sennder

Saffronspokes

by Saffronspokes

What's the best sub £200 carbon di2 bar end junction compatible bar that folks would currently recommend?

MichaelB

by MichaelB

I'm in the process of trying to do the Di2 install on some supposedly Di2 internal ready 3T SuperErgo carbon bars, but seems to be struggling to get past what appears to be a blockage at the bend just below the levers.

Any idea of how to get past this ? It will be to get the two wires from the H/Bar junction box to the levers. I have the magnetic cable routing tool, but seems to get stuck at the tight RHM bend just below the lever mounting location.

Any assistance from you or others would be brilliant, as otherwise I'll need to return them and try something else !!

Thanks

Michael

ms6073

by ms6073

Another forum member suggested using a length of string and a good quality shop vacuum to suck the string past the obstruction. I was skeptical as I had similar issues with Enve SES Compact aero bars and after nearly 2-hours trying to fish the Park Tool ID-1.2 internal wire tool past the obstruction, I my Rigid Shop Vacuum and some string and sucked it past the obstruction in seconds.

- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Roadbiker10

by Roadbiker10

warp wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 4:25 am
Thanks for the suggestions, guys!

The Superergo is nice as is the Enve... I'm just not positive they do have a hole in the middle section of the bar to pass the Di2 cables into the stem as the Giant stem is designed to.

The Primavera and the Aero Vibe do have this hole. Decisions, decisions...

Thanks again!
I had the same issue on my Addict RC. I went with the Vision Aero bar in 38, it's + 10mm in the drops so 39cm. I have not had it installed yet though, but it has the hole in the middle and is made to work with di2. The exit holes are really big so probably easy to install. I'm talking about the new version, not the previous Flat 4D. It's pretty expensive though.

I also looked at Prime but it was not available at the time.

Weight is 210g.
Scott Addict RC 20 2021
Ridley Kanzo Adventure 2022