Pinarello announcement may 1

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
User avatar
Noctiluxx
Posts: 793
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 pm
Location: Southern California

by Noctiluxx

Saw the Ineos F12 at Tour of California this past weekend. The crinkle on the top tube didn’t looks as bad as the pictures.
2018 Bianchi Oltre XR4, (Celeste Matt)
2018 De Rosa SK Pininfarina (Blu)
2019 Trek Madone SLR (Rage Red)
2019 Giant TCR Advanced SL (Chameleon Blue)
2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 0

by Weenie


fbonde
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:26 pm

by fbonde

Have any of you guys an idea about the difference between these two forks options? (i can tell the one is more aero than the other, but no specification online)

Image


Image

Methodical
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:40 pm

by Methodical

adilosnave wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:51 pm
Sure isn't anything graceful about that. All those swoops and nothing cohesive so I guess it matches up well with the rest of their product line.

Doesn't matter. All the dentists will be happy.
Interesting you say this because I never like Pinarellas because of those things you mentioned, especially the wavy forks and because every Tom, Dick and Harry has one of them in my area; they sell a lot to one of the clubs I ride with because of club sales. I saw an F12 at the LBS the other day while getting my final fit for my bike and the guy working on it said to me "this is what you should get" Nah, it just doesn't put a sparkle in my eye. I've never been attracted to those bikes. What is it?
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Trek Emonda SLR (Rage Red) - 6.27kg
'12 Trek Madone (Black) - 6.96kg
Fujee Espree (Maroon) - 11.02kg

survivor
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:08 pm

by survivor

Still perfectly happy with my F8. Nothing too drastically different on the F12 to warrant an upgrade.

Image

1sanglier
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:14 pm

by 1sanglier

fbonde wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:22 am
Have any of you guys an idea about the difference between these two forks options? (i can tell the one is more aero than the other, but no specification online)

Image


Image
One is F12 (1st) other F10 (blue)

fbonde
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:26 pm

by fbonde

1sanglier wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 5:36 pm
fbonde wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 7:22 am
Have any of you guys an idea about the difference between these two forks options? (i can tell the one is more aero than the other, but no specification online)

Image


Image
One is F12 (1st) other F10 (blue)
Nope, its an f12 - sorry.


I found out that the first one is an option, but UCI approved.
Image


moyboy
Posts: 447
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:19 am

by moyboy

Horribly expensive for the extra 100g :|

User avatar
kgt
Posts: 7908
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Athens, Greece

by kgt

£6200 for a made in China frame?
No, thanks.

guyc
Posts: 1027
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:40 am
Location: Hampshire, England
Contact:

by guyc

They’re having a laugh.

MyM3Coupe
Posts: 214
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:32 pm

by MyM3Coupe

kgt wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:57 pm
£6200 for a made in China frame?
No, thanks.
LOL, I’m with man. You got to be a complete moron to even think about that. Kind of like paying $5k USD for a made in China wristwatch.

User avatar
Noctiluxx
Posts: 793
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:17 pm
Location: Southern California

by Noctiluxx

What about the one Froome crashed on? I bet that one is cheaper as long as the snot is wiped down.
2018 Bianchi Oltre XR4, (Celeste Matt)
2018 De Rosa SK Pininfarina (Blu)
2019 Trek Madone SLR (Rage Red)
2019 Giant TCR Advanced SL (Chameleon Blue)
2019 Giant Revolt Advanced 0

fxx
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:10 pm

by fxx

kgt wrote:£6200 for a made in China frame?
No, thanks.
Like you have a choice?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk


User avatar
kgt
Posts: 7908
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:29 am
Location: Athens, Greece

by kgt

Of course you have.

by Weenie


fxx
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:10 pm

by fxx

kgt wrote:Of course you have.
Yeah like what? Almost all CF bikes are MIC and all are stratospherically high priced.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk



Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post