105 di2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Henryexige wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:01 pm
gorkypl wrote:Current generation looks different, I have them just in front of me.
Indeed this is something new or photoshop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That image is released by Shimano themself when they announce 9100 generation.
However, it seems to have structural problem. And the 4 fan blade version we currently have made it to production instead.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

devonbiker

by devonbiker

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:26 am
I'll believe it when I see it. Di2 is basically the only differentiator between Ultegra and 105 anymore.
No it's not. Ultegra R8000 has carbon brake levers, more attractve crankset and rear mech - the alloys use a combination of matt and gloss black metal. It just looks and feels more expensve than 105, as well as being lighter.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

devonbiker wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:10 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
I'll believe it when I see it. Di2 is basically the only differentiator between Ultegra and 105 anymore.
No it's not. Ultegra R8000 has carbon brake levers, more attractve crankset and rear mech - the alloys use a combination of matt and gloss black metal. It just looks and feels more expensve than 105, as well as being lighter.

It’s a 174g difference. Do you think the people buying 105 level bikes care about 174g or carbon lever blades?

talltales

by talltales

devonbiker wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 3:10 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
Yeah, it appears its the same basic design, but Ultegra has a bunch of little refinements over 105, - or 105 har a bunch of little cost cutting measures compared to Ultegra. For instance the cassette is nicer and lighter, the pulley wheels have better bearings, big chain ring is hollow as opposed to plastic reinforced, the chain is fully treated, ... ect.
To be honest I cant see Shimano bring out 105 DI2. Why would they? Competing offerings from SRAM and Campag are even more expensive than Ultegra DI2. It sure would be nice tho.