Garmin Edge 1000 issue

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Tricky1

by Tricky1

My Edge 1000 has been automatically switching between data field pages while cycling.

As I begin a ride my computer shows data such as speed, distance, etc., and about a mile into the ride, as I pass by a very specific part of the block, the computer switches to the maps page automatically? (I have to swipe back two pages to return to speed/distance fields again). I've tested the consistency of this issue by doing several laps, and it has proven to change every time. This problem only happens in this one spot of any ride, nowhere else.

The area is in the city near the bottom of a small canyon with quite a few trees, and I believe it could be a satellite connectivity issue perhaps? Any help would be appreciated.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dim

by dim

do you have live segments enabled? (select the strava segments icon on the main page and check if any of the segments are enabled)
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

Tricky1

by Tricky1

Thanks Dim, that is probably the culprit. There was an enabled Strava segment immediately following this issue, I'll check it next ride.

I've never used this function or have any idea how it was enabled? I appreciate the help!

dim

by dim

Tricky1 wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:08 am
Thanks Dim, that is probably the culprit. There was an enabled Strava segment immediately following this issue, I'll check it next ride.

I've never used this function or have any idea how it was enabled? I appreciate the help!
when you star a segment on Strava, it will automatically load that segment to your Garmin whenever you connect your Garmin to Strava

I've recently started using the function and it's great for when you want to get a PR or KOM on a segment
Trek Emonda SL6
Miyata One Thousand

Tricky1

by Tricky1

I see...I might just leave the segment starred as it's an interesting climb I'd like to improve upon.
Thanks again