DA9170 configuration options

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dorin

by dorin

TheRich wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:01 pm
(I just use it as a failsafe, as it is a little annoying if you aren't paying attention)
Why as failsafe? It is not reliable or is about preferring manual control?

TheRich

by TheRich

dorin wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:59 am
TheRich wrote:
(I just use it as a failsafe, as it is a little annoying if you aren't paying attention)
Why as failsafe? It is not reliable or is about preferring manual control?
Because I prefer manual control. When the next shift is a chainring change, it makes my Garmin beep...in case I'm not paying attention.

The Etube app just uses the information about your gearing to make things (the math) easier, but you can program it to do whatever you want.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dorin

by dorin

Can someone pls let me know what is the outer diameter of a Shimano disc brake hydraulic cable?

Thanks a mil,
Dorin

Cemicar

by Cemicar

dorin wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:56 pm
Can someone pls let me know what is the outer diameter of a Shimano disc brake hydraulic cable?
5mm. Kept the same diameter as rim brake one while it could have been smaller.

dorin

by dorin

Cemicar wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:31 am
dorin wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:56 pm
5mm. Kept the same diameter as rim brake one while it could have been smaller.
Thanks a mil!

ms6073

by ms6073

TheRich wrote:
You can set the bike up in any way that works good enough for you, that the system doesn't know the actual tooth number of the chainring or cog you're actually using doesn't matter.
Well yeah sort of. As I mentioned on the first page, E-tube limits user selections to Shimano's chainring and cassette combinations so if you are using a non-Shimano chainring or cassette in tooth combinations that Shimano does not sell, then E-tube forces the user to select the next closest thing. Fortunately as you indicated in a previous post, at least E-tube allows the user to customize the crossover points in such instances but it is still not ideal when using non-standard gearing.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"