Ciamillo GSL Micro or Kcnc C7 - weight? performance?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alcatraz

by alcatraz

What would you choose for a ww bike and 60kg rider.

Currently on planet-x cnc and looking to lose weight. Braking power is ample.

I found the gsl micros for 150usd and I think I can get a pair of Kcnc c7 for around 100-120usd if I am patient.

Ee/thm/ax are kind of out of the price range and ee aren't much lighter than the PlanetX I have now. At least with Kcnc I'll make a dent in the weight department. Sure the quality isn't great but I don't have problems braking right now so I could take a small cut in braking power and have what I need.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dereksmalls

by dereksmalls

EE will stop you better than all of them though, especially the C7 and the Planet X.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

I think I'd leave it, you have the best bang for the buck in terms of weight and power. Planet X are only poor in terms of inital set-up, and if they are set-up well and working well, I'd leave them unless you have big money to switch to EE.

Personally I'd only use EE (from reputation) or Dura-Ace (slimmed down with titanium bolts but still quite hefty from experience). I've used Planet X, they're not that bad and certainly have a better reputation than the KCNC.

Wookski

by Wookski

dereksmalls wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:54 am
EE will stop you better than all of them though, especially the C7 and the Planet X.
Agree- EE’s are the best performing rim brakes on the market (modulation and power) with none of the drawbacks of other lightweight solutions.

alcatraz

by alcatraz

They'll lighten the wallet real nice too. :lol: