105 R7020 right shifter rattle/vibration

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Wajs

by Wajs

I just got 105 R7020 shifters, and right hand shifter has a buzz, you can feel/hear it just by tapping the handlebar. Anyone else had this experience with Shimano hydraulic shifters?
Left shifter is fine.
I have checked all bolts, cable slack, but none of those things are the cause for rattle.

by Weenie

acacio

by acacio

I have recently bought a new road bike with the 105 ST-R7020 and I have the same problem with buzzing coming from both shifters. It seems to me that this issue might be associated with poor design or manufacturing rather than a particular "fault" such as a lose part, etc.

icantaffordcycling

by icantaffordcycling

Have had 2 sets of 7020 shifters, none have made that noise. Take it to your lbs and get Shimano to warranty it.

20austin14

by 20austin14

Sorry to revive but just wondering if this was ever resolved for you? I'm experiencing the exact as issue and currently awaiting warranty replacement levers. Just wondering if they are all screwed up and I'm wasting my time by not just selling the new ones and getting ultegra... Thanks.

turquoisehexagonsun

by turquoisehexagonsun

I'm experiencing this issue as well with a bike that I just purchased last week with a right hand Shimano 105 R7020 shifter. I brought my bike to the LBS and they were able to replicate problem. Instead of going with some duct tape based countermeasure I am seeking a warranty replacement through Shimano. I will try to reply to this post with whatever happens.

by Weenie

turquoisehexagonsun

by turquoisehexagonsun

Just an update. I was able to obtain a replacement shifter through Shimano via warranty. Problem solved. Compared to the old defective shifter the pivot pin is very tight on the replacement shifter. Now my left hand shifter is exhibiting the same buzzing/vibration as the right hand did before replacement. Left hand pivot pin is very loose. Shimano is aware of this defect, most likely due to manufacturing tolerances.