Venge Pro Frameset?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

pocari123

by pocari123

Hi all,

https://www.specialized.com/us/en/venge ... 276-154594

I was wondering if anyone is able to get their hands on the venge pro frameset? Everywhere I looked it seems like they only sell it in complete bike form. Don't want to go through the hassle of disassembling the bike and selling the parts unless absolutely necessary.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

The dirty secret is that the Venge Pro frameset is the exact same frameset as the S-Works, so Specialized is unlikely to officially offer it standalone. Contact your Specialized dealer and see if they can pull some strings...just don't be surprised if it costs US$5500.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:40 am
The dirty secret is that the Venge Pro frameset is the exact same frameset as the S-Works, so Specialized is unlikely to officially offer it standalone. Contact your Specialized dealer and see if they can pull some strings...just don't be surprised if it costs US$5500.
Thinking about building a Strada Due. The venge stem and Aerofly ii look like a good combo. Any thoughts on how they might work on the strada?

blehargh

by blehargh

What size are you looking for?

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

bikesrdangerousmmk wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:48 am

Thinking about building a Strada Due. The venge stem and Aerofly ii look like a good combo. Any thoughts on how they might work on the strada?

Personally I am very happy with my ENVE SES Aero drop bars and SES Aero stem combo on my Emonda. It's heavy, but I am sold on the flare, the shape of the ramps and drops.

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

blehargh wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:18 am
What size are you looking for?
Frame or stem bar?

Large in due frame
probably around a 110/120 stem with 40/42 bars

bikesrdangerousmmk

by bikesrdangerousmmk

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:41 am
bikesrdangerousmmk wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:48 am

Personally I am very happy with my ENVE SES Aero drop bars and SES Aero stem combo on my Emonda. It's heavy, but I am sold on the flare, the shape of the ramps and drops.
Enve looks good, but the spec weight seems pretty low, and the retail cost is significantly less.

blehargh

by blehargh

I’ll ask again - what size frame are you looking for? :)

Karvalo

by Karvalo

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:40 am
The dirty secret is that the Venge Pro frameset is the exact same frameset as the S-Works,
It's hardly a secret, and I don't see how it's dirty. You could say it's dirty that most 2nd tier Specialized builds don't get an S-Works frame, whereas pretty much every other major manufacturer does offer multiple lower cost builds on their best frameset.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Well it's dirty in that they've given one frame both S-Works and "Specialized" branding. At least with some other frames, the S-Works uses a different layup schedule.