Parlee RZ7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Multirider

by Multirider

I love riding my RZ7. I’ve ridden and raced multiple Cannondale SuperSixes, a Specialized Venge, and other bikes. The Parlee RZ7 has a smoother ride yet still connected to the road, is stable at speed (>45mph is not my forte, glad to have a bike that builds confidence), effortlessly carves canyons, and puts a smile on my face every time I look at it!
Last edited by Multirider on Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Multirider

by Multirider

Edited
Last edited by Multirider on Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

mount looks good!

-if you contact Parlee, they will send you an updated seat wedge that fits a little tighter.

bespoke

by bespoke

Send that design to Parlee !
Their mount annoys me - apparently a new one is coming...

I love my RZ7 - I dont think of it like an aero aero bike like the Venge or S5 I have.
They feel like a Porsche GT3 - amazing, but a narrower brief
The RZ7 is like a Porsche turbo; mixture of sports car and GT

The RZ7 is fast enough to race on, but its real qualities emerge on 5hr rides
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

that's a great analogy. the wiring is packaged in there pretty tight just like a rear-engined porsche too lol.

it really is an all-around amazing DD.

bespoke

by bespoke

I love using car anologies
"Its like a BMW M5 - you can pootle in, and also rag it"
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

Multirider

by Multirider

Prototype installed, I’ve asked him if he can lower it another 5mm and lengthen 5mm for a bit more access to the Garmin buttons. He is willing to do custom lengths if you’re interested.
Attachments
DE0D503C-FDDE-40EF-AEDF-35BB4D5419DF.jpeg
AE51B038-E360-417E-BA1A-8D025B354EBC.jpeg

kode54

by kode54

bespoke wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:06 am
...The RZ7 is fast enough to race on, but its real qualities emerge on 5hr rides
I have a Parlee ESX that I am ready to retire...and possibly replace with the RZ7. I could ride the ESX on centuries, no issues as it was comfortable and somewhat light.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

kode54 wrote:
Wed May 27, 2020 10:27 pm
bespoke wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 7:06 am
...The RZ7 is fast enough to race on, but its real qualities emerge on 5hr rides
I have a Parlee ESX that I am ready to retire...and possibly replace with the RZ7. I could ride the ESX on centuries, no issues as it was comfortable and somewhat light.
you'd enjoy the experience. it's categorically different than the rest in your stable and i'd argue would make a couple of them obselete :) not to mentioned it'd do those deep dish Enves proud.

chrisconstantin

by chrisconstantin

Hey Matt,

Any chance, with all your fiddling with it, you can see a way to use a regular stem on the bike (or possibly something integrated from another brand)? I need a stem on that geometry that is -10 or -12, the -6 wont work for me. Was wondering if you saw a way around it. Would also allow for a true aero bar if it could work. Glad you're loving the bike, I bought a 3T and I am not loving it, and I was thinking about swapping into a Parlee and dumping the Strada Due I have.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

chrisconstantin wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:57 am
Hey Matt,

Any chance, with all your fiddling with it, you can see a way to use a regular stem on the bike (or possibly something integrated from another brand)? I need a stem on that geometry that is -10 or -12, the -6 wont work for me. Was wondering if you saw a way around it. Would also allow for a true aero bar if it could work. Glad you're loving the bike, I bought a 3T and I am not loving it, and I was thinking about swapping into a Parlee and dumping the Strada Due I have.
interesting to hear about the 3T. how do you know you need a -10 or -12? have you compared a size down? reach too short even with a longer stem?

yea you can use a regular stem actually. there's a little trap door in the downtube that's intended to be replaced with cable stops for conventional routing. so, you dont HAVE to run integrated cables, but they will be exposed.

you can use any 1.25 steerer stem. Zipp makes one (comes with a shim). Deda makes one. Giant "Overdrive 2" stems will also work. the Parlee frame will come with said cable stop. routing the front hose is still an issue though, if you don't route it thru a hole in the center of whatever bars youre using and thru the stem. i'd call Parlee and get their take on how to best approach it.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

Anyone compare this to a Time Skylon. I have the Skylon and like it a lot but it's a pretty harsh ride when the road get chattery. It's surprisingly good on hills. A guy in ride with rides an Altum and says it's smooth even for a light bike.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

jzinckgra wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:47 am
Anyone compare this to a Time Skylon. I have the Skylon and like it a lot but it's a pretty harsh ride when the road get chattery. It's surprisingly good on hills. A guy I ride with rides an Altum and says it's smooth even for a light bike.
cant speak to the skylon, but the RZ7 does very well with high freq. chatter. i love the combination of some engineered flex on the ends of the drops and a very rigid/confidence-inspiring 1.25 steerer that you can feel with you choke up on the drops when sprinting or negotiating technical corners.

mothetgoo

by mothetgoo

Finally got mine yesterday. I ordered a while ago and originally wanted Enzo red but there were no more XLs. Please go ahead and spare me the tagging for the tall head tube, I know I should slam the stem but I wanted to start like this at least. I think the new colorway looks amazing though.
Attachments
2861CC73-45A6-4ED1-B924-3B965B53733E.jpeg

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

Nice.. my TTir is that color.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components