Parlee RZ7

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

you wont regret it. the RZ7 is sublime. I looked at the Time as well. no regrets here.

check out PArlee_cycles_australia instagram for some paint ideas for the RZ7

discolite

by discolite

I've had a Parlee Z-Zero and TTir. Does anyone have a direct comparison for how the R27 feels in comparison to these?
MERLIN • Newsboy #11 • Elevator soft-tail • Cyrene 650C • Fat Beat • XLM Lefty • Extralite • Sandstone
ROAD • Litespeed Ghisallo • Cervelo RCA • Passoni Animus Ti
ETC • Spectrum Super Ti SS • Black Sheep FS • Budnitz Steel Belt Drive • Tyrell Ti

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Allenewb

by Allenewb

Does anyone know if the Vision Metron 5D ACR would work with the RZ7? I opted to use a pro vibe stem/bar combo instead of the Parlee cockpit.

A year later I am on the hunt for a fully integrated experience. But cables need to be routed through the steerer tube AND stem needs to be 1.25. Which eliminates a lot of options on the market.

Alternatively did anyone else opt to use a different cockpit than the Parlee ones?

TIA

johnnyle123

by johnnyle123

Allenewb wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:10 pm
Does anyone know if the Vision Metron 5D ACR would work with the RZ7? I opted to use a pro vibe stem/bar combo instead of the Parlee cockpit.

A year later I am on the hunt for a fully integrated experience. But cables need to be routed through the steerer tube AND stem needs to be 1.25. Which eliminates a lot of options on the market.

Alternatively did anyone else opt to use a different cockpit than the Parlee ones?

TIA
As far as I know, there aren't too many options available in my research. ACR I think uses a 1 1/8 steerer, so it won't work unless I'm wrong.
The only 2 options I could come up with were the Giant propel SLR stem/handlebar combo or the new Shimano Pro Vibe Evo Handlebar.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

Prob is hoses need to come out the top of the steerer and then go through the stem above the stem clamp.

Allenewb

by Allenewb

Thanks guys. Too bad about the ACR system. If only Parlee came out with a nicer cockpit. Otherwise I am very pleased with this bike.

My local shop will be getting the new Evo bars in the spring so I'll see if the cables can be routed correctly. But the diagrams online show the cables being routed in front of the steerer tube.

Appreciate the info!

***edit

Looks like the new Pro Vibe Evo bars will be compatible. The video shows 2 routes for cables. One of which is down the steerer tube.
Attachments
AFEBB37B-CAED-46E5-A573-C529249F62DB.png
Last edited by Allenewb on Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

They were working on aero bars. Not surr the status. For me, i think its a great setup. Stem is much morr attractove than the specialized ewuivalent for example. They did a grest job of tuning flex with the bars too.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

Getting my "used" RZ7 frameset tomorrow. Want to build it up with Campy EPS, but their groupset and parts are not avail until sometime next year. Covid must be to blame. Not sure if that means early next year or sometime later. Was considering the new dura ace 9200, but I'm a campy guy. I do have SR EPS on my Skylon, so I could take the derailleurs and crankset from that, but would still need levels and calipers.

FYI, I read some article about campy cranks and they mentioned campy having a slightly different crankset for disc bikes whereby the chanrings are spaced differently for better shifting. I cannot find anything about this on campy's site.

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

no idea. chainline is spaced outward a little bit with the 12x142 hub. might not be an issue unless you spend alot of time in the small/fast cogs.

look here, they have chainline data for various cranks in various pdfs. not the best...which is why i'm a Shimano homer. Si.Shimano.com baby.

https://www.campagnolo.com/US/en/Support/download?td=4

https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... 19_ENG.pdf

FactoryMatt

by FactoryMatt

theres a REALLY nice RED 57cm frameset on fleabay right now at a good price. no affiliation.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

The H11 crankset had the rings moved 1mm (2.5 was on the internet but it was less) outboard. This was carried over to the new chainsets. Q factor unchanged. To the best of my knowledge.

Having said that, older gen cranks are used with disc frames just fine elsewhere in the forums.
Just ride ..

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

Wow, setting up this frame with campy EPS is a pita. I'm starting backwards from the shifters mounted on bars and stringing the hydraulic cables and eps wire through the stem pieces and fork and into frame. The illustrations from parlee show the hydraulic cables be inserted from frame first then up to stem and handlebars. I've never had hydraulic brakes, but I'm assuming I shouldn't disconnect at the shifter, otherwise I'd lose all the oil. Anyways, won't be test riding till Spring so plenty of time to get it done

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Nezz0r

by Nezz0r

jzinckgra wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:47 pm
Wow, setting up this frame with campy EPS is a pita. I'm starting backwards from (.....) otherwise I'd lose all the oil. Anyways, won't be test riding till Spring so plenty of time to get it don
Just disconnect from levers, install all, insert new oil and bleed as per instructions. Bleeding/filling from 'empty' or long time disconnected isn't so much different. Good luck!

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

Nezz0r wrote:
jzinckgra wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:47 pm
Wow, setting up this frame with campy EPS is a pita. I'm starting backwards from (.....) otherwise I'd lose all the oil. Anyways, won't be test riding till Spring so plenty of time to get it don
Just disconnect from levers, install all, insert new oil and bleed as per instructions. Bleeding/filling from 'empty' or long time disconnected isn't so much different. Good luck!
Thanks. I assume i have to cut the campy connector off where it attaches to shifter? If not, it would not pass through the parlee compression plug and cap piece. I've made some progress doing it the hard way and cables are strung up, but it's very messy working around the the stem and fighting the stiff cables.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

I'm having one of those oh crap moments. Trying to mount the campy front hydraulic caliper and the bolt spacing doesn't line up with the parlee fork holes. Can campy not be used on this frame?to add, I have the rz7 adaptor plate but not sure how to attach caliper to plate or plate to fork. There are no threaded holes. I know I'm missing something obvious.first time installing hydraulic brakes. Image