Dogma FS released

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:39 pm
Seems pointless without decent tyre clearance
:thumbup: Thought so too.

All the weight of disc brakes without the benefits! :mrgreen:

moyboy

by moyboy

hahah okay we'll give you the ability to put on 28mm offically now. :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

wheelsONfire

by wheelsONfire

Not too bad of an idea. I'm sure it'll have it's little clan.
Bikes:

Ax Lightness Vial EVO Race (2019.01.03)
Open *UP* (2016.04.14)
Paduano Racing Fidia (kind of shelved)

Ex bike; Vial EVO D, Vial EVO Ultra, Scott Foil, Paduano ti bike.

jefftillack

by jefftillack

Thihnk I'll stick with my low cost Lapierre Pulsium. Been a fabulous bike, handles well, corners well, and it's very smooth on the roughest of roads. Do I need to spend a ton of cash on so much complexity to enjoy my riding? Me thinks not. Mind you this Pina is better looking (just my opinion) than the latest Spesh Roubaix.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

On this bike I would constantly worry about the chainstays eventually breaking from fatigue.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I thought carbon didn't really fatigue like metal... If engineered properly, it should be fine. There have been plenty of mountain bikes relying on flexing carbon chainstays instead of pivots to provide a lot more travel than this Pinarello, I have one that's still going strong and it's 11 years old.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

CF in itself yes it is quite fatigue resistant, but the resin and general build quality can complicate things. Well, i am damn paranoid about most anything. My weenie frame has very thin pencil like seatstays, I am sometimes wondering about the extra stress on the chain stays (which are wide and look solid - the Pinas look pretty wimpy! )

ChiZ01

by ChiZ01

Nefarious86 wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:39 pm
Seems pointless without decent tyre clearance

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
running larger then 28mm on today's carbon rim would negate most aero benefits

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Wow. Another overpriced Chinese made frame with a short warranty. I’m amazed how they are in business and how dumb people buy them.

Discodan

by Discodan

I’m pretty sure this is not planned to be a volume seller for P and they probably don’t care how many they sell. they’ve met their obligations of ensuring the bikes the pro’s race on are available to the public and the bonus is they’ve got some great publicity as an innovator.

This looks like a homolagation special for the Roubaix and not much else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

osw000

by osw000

MyM3Coupe wrote:Wow. Another overpriced Chinese made frame with a short warranty. I’m amazed how they are in business and how dumb people buy them.
Then you will find yourself amazed way too often by the many overpriced consumer goods coming from China.

Maybe this is one of the reasons: https://howtheyplay.com/individual-spor ... -De-France

If they were not one of the strongests brands in cycling they would for certain have a different price tag.

Smart is a US/EU built frame with lifetime warranty. Name a few please.

Enviado desde mi SM-J530F mediante Tapatalk

Last edited by osw000 on Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lewn777

by Lewn777

This full suspension on road bikes is pure marketing gimmickery. Suspension travel is totally unnecessary you can do so much with tires, thicker bar-wrap and seat-stay flex. If this worked so well why aren't the other teams running thudbusters?

fromtrektocolnago

by fromtrektocolnago

Road bikes are pretty good these days. Harder and harder to justify an improvement. OK we had discs so last few years bigger forks to accomodate wider tires. That's all done so now the bike companies are out of tricks again. This feels like they are jumping the shark. Maybe you can justify this kind of technology on roubaix or gravel type bikes, if even that but on a road bike?
Colnago C-59 (Dura Ace)
Firefly(Ultegra)
Colnago C-64 disc(ultegra) with Bora 35 wheels

853guy

by 853guy

"This is our new full-suspension road-orientated gravel-cross bike. It will also be followed by our new full-suspension gravel-orientated road-cross bike, and our full-suspension cross-orientated gravel-road bike. In order to assure maximum performance during out-of-the-saddle efforts of 55 minutes or more, each of these models will be released with different bottom bracket standards that are neither interchangeable with one another nor backward compatible. We will also be releasing an E-bike version, with an aero frame to mitigate losses from the weight of the battery pack."

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

osw000

by osw000

Yay, on this never-ending research, splitting categories to create new niches and demands, they will eventually invent the MTB, again.
From a consumer point of view sometimes it calls for a back to basics, but then you realize that back-to-basics is also over-hyped by custom steel revivalism and vintage nostalgia.

This is a bit offtopic exercise, but imagine a road bike that represents the point where marketing induced research could have dissapeared and nobody missed it again? A road bike that could survive 50 years without an update nd still shine like Cadillacs in Cuba... would it have a f*** suspension?

Enviado desde mi SM-J530F mediante Tapatalk