Colnago master

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

markyboy

by markyboy

My colnago master weighs in at 8.6 kg :( i would love to get it lighter,but not sure on what i can do to bring it down a bit.
Is 8.6kg a reasonable weight for this bike size 52?
Parts i have fitted are as follows
Super record 12 speed
Fulcrum racing light xlr fitted with tubulars
Saddle fizik carbon
Deda zero bars stem and seatpost
Colnago arabesque campagnolo super record 12
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Since it is a steel frame, might not be that porky after all. Did you include the pedals when getting 8.6? Other than this, the finishing kit doesn't sound like real weenie material. Nothing wrong with deda zero stuff but it is not light, same for the fizik saddle. Look at a deda superleggera bar and ritchey superlogic post. As for the saddle, if you are ok with a light wave, the Aspide superleggera is very nice, light and not ultra expensive. These 3 will cut you about 300g, and over 500 quid from your wallet. Worth it? Starting with a steel frame, hell no if you ask me. Get more light carbon only if you find the ride harsh, which is likely not the case.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

tonko

by tonko

To much weight.
Mine is 7.8kg,and l think l can 400g more save. Zipp 202 firecrest tubular is 1180g, while my dt Swiss rr21 is 1420g+ 100g q.r.
With some lighter q.r. zipp can be at 1240g,and that's 280g save

Poslano sa mog S60 koristeći Tapatalk

tonko

by tonko

I always wonder how much is lighter master frame in 57 cm dimension, without freuler extension? My in 59cm with freuler extension is 2000g +few grams more

tonko

by tonko

And precisa steel fork is around 740g, while this Taiwanese carbon what l buy on eBay ,1", threedless, is 300+ few more

markyboy

by markyboy

Alexandrumarian wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:38 pm
Since it is a steel frame, might not be that porky after all. Did you include the pedals when getting 8.6? Other than this, the finishing kit doesn't sound like real weenie material. Nothing wrong with deda zero stuff but it is not light, same for the fizik saddle. Look at a deda superleggera bar and ritchey superlogic post. As for the saddle, if you are ok with a light wave, the Aspide superleggera is very nice, light and not ultra expensive. These 3 will cut you about 300g, and over 500 quid from your wallet. Worth it? Starting with a steel frame, hell no if you ask me. Get more light carbon only if you find the ride harsh, which is likely not the case.
Yes sorry deda super zero and not the zero.
bars carbon 215g,
seatpost 216g
stem 140g,
pedals favero assioma 304g
saddle fizik arione r1 199g
fulcrum racing xlr light 1280g
vittoria corsa tubs 560g the pair
all weighed in at hte 8.6kg ride quality is amazing :D
Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

I would stop worrying and just enjoy the ride. You'd have to burn well over 1k to bring it under 8 with pedals on. You won't feel it and nobody will be amazed. Maybe hitting the UCI limit would bring some forums attention, but at what cost? Just think about the kit you can get for the money and I think this is especially important for the variable uk weather.

kgt

by kgt

+1
My Master x-light with full c-record groupset, heavy tublulars and toe clips weights 10kg. It used to weight 8kg with lighter, modern parts. I now enjoy it as much if not more.

Js2

by Js2

Can we get a pic please! I agree with the others, enjoy the frame for what it is!

markyboy

by markyboy

Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

markyboy

by markyboy

Colnago c64
Cinelli zydeco grx di2

3Pio

by 3Pio

markyboy wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 5:19 pm
Alexandrumarian wrote:
bars carbon 215g,
seatpost 216g
stem 140g,

Switch stem for Kalloy Uno, which is 99 gm in 110mm and Ti bolts (i took them from Fizik stem)

And also u can replace the saddle with some lighter one (Maybe Berk), and will save another 100 gm

So 8.45 kg will not be a bad weight for such a nice steel bike....

kgt

by kgt

Now that I see it it seems to me too heavy considering the small frame and the parts and wheels you use. Did you ever weight the frame and fork? Mine (size 57) is 1720gr and 680gr.

tonko

by tonko

kgt wrote:Now that I see it it seems to me too heavy considering the small frame and the parts and wheels you use. Did you ever weight the frame and fork? Mine (size 57) is 1720gr and 680gr.
Mine is size 59 c-c, freuler,frame is little over 2000g,and fork 730g around.as l assume,freuler extension is around 100g each.so ,it's possible to build Master around 7kg, especially with smaller frame.

tonko

by tonko

markyboy wrote:
Alexandrumarian wrote:
bars carbon 215g,
seatpost 216g
stem 140g,
It must be lighter, your precisa is 300g heavyer than my carbon fork,but your frame is smaller and probably 300g lighter than mine.
The others components are similarly heavy, but your wheels are 200g lighter than mine,with tyres, cassette and skewers l got 2400g from wheels.
Are you sure that your Libra is correct?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com