S-Works Roubaix 2019 (2020) ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Sleeprequired

by Sleeprequired

oldmac wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:48 am
thePrince wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:33 am
Sock3t wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:29 pm
The Force etap bike is $2600 more than the UDI2 bike.

Let that sink in.
Did you even bother to compare specs or just assume the only difference was the group? Wheels, bars, saddle are all upgraded.

Ultegra 8070 is 2 years old and Force Etap is not even 2 weeks old. So yes there will be a premium there.

And Di2 has a wired cable, which is more prone to failure. Do I want to wire the entire shifting system, with failure points at each junciton and subject to higher failure during a crash...or a wireless sytem that removes all of that complexity? Ask Sagan recently. And many of the other pros who have experienced this with Di2 and just switch to a different bike from the team. I don't have that.
Not just the groupset and wheels,the most important difference is the Future Shock2.0,the new Future Shock2.0 is the soul of this new Roubaix,the Roubaix Comp UT Di2 has only Future Shock1.5……Without the Future Shock2.0,I have no interest on this bike.
By the way, the size 44 and 49 looks too slope.
This...

I purchased the roubaix comp in the satin carbon frame, paid an extra 1000 (aud) to get aerofly 2 bars and....

The future shock 2.0. So now I’ve got the best value bike IMO. Took a few dealers before I found one that did it.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

happyon2wheels

by happyon2wheels

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:10 pm
Here are some pics of the Roubaix Comp Ultegra Di2 bike that I shot...

More shots here... Hilltop Instagram

You really do make good pictures. Even less than beautiful bikes look good on your shots :thumbup:

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

could have used a hint more DOF... but he's a photog, his pics should be good :)
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

egogo

by egogo

Sleeprequired wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:36 am
oldmac wrote:
thePrince wrote:
Sock3t wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:29 pm
The Force etap bike is $2600 more than the UDI2 bike.

Let that sink in.
Did you even bother to compare specs or just assume the only difference was the group? Wheels, bars, saddle are all upgraded.

Ultegra 8070 is 2 years old and Force Etap is not even 2 weeks old. So yes there will be a premium there.

And Di2 has a wired cable, which is more prone to failure. Do I want to wire the entire shifting system, with failure points at each junciton and subject to higher failure during a crash...or a wireless sytem that removes all of that complexity? Ask Sagan recently. And many of the other pros who have experienced this with Di2 and just switch to a different bike from the team. I don't have that.
Not just the groupset and wheels,the most important difference is the Future Shock2.0,the new Future Shock2.0 is the soul of this new Roubaix,the Roubaix Comp UT Di2 has only Future Shock1.5……Without the Future Shock2.0,I have no interest on this bike.
This...

I purchased the roubaix comp in the satin carbon frame, paid an extra 1000 (aud) to get aerofly 2 bars and....

The future shock 2.0. So now I’ve got the best value bike IMO. Took a few dealers before I found one that did it.
Do you happen to have part number and price for the 2.0 cartidge?

Hexsense

by Hexsense

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:10 pm
Here are some pics of the Roubaix Comp Ultegra Di2 bike that I shot...

More shots here... Hilltop Instagram

could have clean foreground purple fringing and green background colour fringing up in post processing.
Or use lens with less of that (Like Zeiss Batis 85 which virtually have none).

I don't know if anyone else notice it, but it's distracting me way more than unsharp pictures. :lol:

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

Hexsense wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:44 pm

could have clean foreground purple fringing and green background colour fringing up in post processing.
Or use lens with less of that (Like Zeiss Batis 85 which virtually have none).

I don't know if anyone else notice it, but it's distracting me way more than unsharp pictures. :lol:

It’s a one button fix in LR too (or two buttons with the dropper.)

Sleeprequired

by Sleeprequired

egogo wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:16 pm
Sleeprequired wrote:
oldmac wrote:
thePrince wrote:

This...

No sorry I don’t. I know it was 1200 aud which is NUTS however it was packaged so didn’t cost that much for me with the bike and bars. I did ride the 1.5 and it was fantastic. I’m hoping the 2.0 which got installed last night rides that well.

Going for some climbs today and some other terrain so I’ll report back.

IMO the comp in satin carbon is the way to go. ESPECIALLY if you have wheels already

egogo

by egogo

Sleeprequired wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:43 pm
egogo wrote:
Sleeprequired wrote:
oldmac wrote:

This...

No sorry I don’t. I know it was 1200 aud which is NUTS however it was packaged so didn’t cost that much for me with the bike and bars. I did ride the 1.5 and it was fantastic. I’m hoping the 2.0 which got installed last night rides that well.

IMO the comp in satin carbon is the way to go. ESPECIALLY if you have wheels already
Thanks :) Wondering if it's backwards compatible with older Roubaix with 1.0

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

cleaned it up for you guys... :)

That Zeiss is a nice lens, but I don't shoot Sony... I'm on Canon equipment.

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

Sleeprequired wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:43 pm
egogo wrote:
Sleeprequired wrote:
oldmac wrote:

This...

So just that I understand you correctly, you got the Roubaix 2020 comp in satin carbon?

You also got the future shock 2.0 added as well?

If so were there any modifications that needed to be made by your local dealer, or was a simple swap out?

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

I've been told that this is NOT possible.... At least it is not possible to swap the Future Shock 2.0 onto the older Roubaix/Diverge.

egogo

by egogo

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:51 pm
I've been told that this is NOT possible.... At least it is not possible to swap the Future Shock 2.0 onto the older Roubaix/Diverge.
Got it, thanks!

Ride4Life

by Ride4Life

CrankAddictsRich wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:51 pm
I was told something similar.

When I saw that guys post, I was wondering if you could indeed put the future shock 2.0 on lower end 2020 models.

I thought the new roubaix came three frame designs

1. S-Works (Fact 11)
2. Pro geometry (Fall release)
3. Non S-works (Fact 10)....Pro, Expert, Comp and Sport

If you can't add future shock 2.0 to lower end models, that means the pro and expert have different designs than comp and sport, while both using fact 10 layup.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

Mikedb wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:17 pm
If you can't add future shock 2.0 to lower end models, that means the pro and expert have different designs than comp and sport, while both using fact 10 layup.
maybe its not a function of the frame, but rather the fork?