S-Works Roubaix 2019 (2020) ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bespoke

by bespoke

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:45 pm
The S-Works comes in both the “pro” fit and the “regular” fit in the middle sizes. It seems that Specialized’s web team needs to do a better job of conveying this. I wouldn’t be surprised if the “regular” version of the 56cm is indeed 585mm and the 605mm is a mistake. The “pro” version should be much more aggressive than 585mm.

Specialized have also stated that the new Roubaix is more aggressive than the previous one, which had a stack of 611mm in 56cm.

e: It looks like the 605mm is correct. The web copy is missing sizes and the table is messed up.
Just to add a bit of detail to this; the S-Works comes as a bike and a frame in reg fit, In Q3 there will be a limited run if Pro fit frames, in 3 sizes
Warning - Inherently biased:
www.bespokecycling.com

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nefarious86

by Nefarious86

Actually keen on a pro model....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk

ichobi

by ichobi

1llum4 wrote: or diverge frame and not possible to put futureshock 2.0 in Comp/Sport roubaix ''SL7'' 2020 frame.
What is this Sl7 you are talking about? A new Tarmac?

Campervan

by Campervan

ohhhh, and specialized yesterday evening on the phone said no 44cm's in the UK and no idea when they would.
BMC Granfondo 02 105
Scott Scale 940
Boardman CXR 9.4 cxr CX/gravel mongrel
Btwin 540
Specialized Venge Pro Disc

1llum4

by 1llum4

ichobi wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:43 am
1llum4 wrote: or diverge frame and not possible to put futureshock 2.0 in Comp/Sport roubaix ''SL7'' 2020 frame.
What is this Sl7 you are talking about? A new Tarmac?
The 2016-2019 roubaix with futureshock 1.0 was the SL6 generation. If we keep the same nomenclature, we can consider the 2020 roubaix to be the roubaix SL7

iamraymond

by iamraymond

Looking at the photos of the actual bikes, those stack numbers look highly suspect. They probably measured from the BB to the top of the Futureshock, not the frame headtube. It could account for the 20mm extra height when compared to similiar endurance bikes from other manufacturers.

kytyree

by kytyree

I'm not that familiar with Futureshock, let alone the new version but wouldn't the top of the Futureshock be where you'd measure the stack from? If the handlebars/stem can't be mounted lower because of the Futureshock then the stack is what it is.

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

iamraymond wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:00 pm
Looking at the photos of the actual bikes, those stack numbers look highly suspect. They probably measured from the BB to the top of the Futureshock, not the frame headtube. It could account for the 20mm extra height when compared to similiar endurance bikes from other manufacturers.
But it still represents the lowest possible front end, which in this case is relatively high. Specialized has probably had a good look at the actual bar position that their historic Roubaix customers use. They have no doubt carefully chosen the geometry. It certainly indicates the market segment they are targeting. It does however leave out another segment that may want a comfortable but racey bike, but that don't want to look like a Fred.

Without knowing all the details of the so called "Team" version with more aggressive geometry, I suspect the plan is the standard Specialized playbook: to supply pro teams for some races to help with the marketing effort and not something they actually intend to sell to the public in any meaningful numbers (three sizes?). Somebody let me know when they see an LBS with a selection of these "Team" bikes.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

I haven't seen this mentioned on here, but... it has a threaded bottom bracket. :twisted:

moyboy

by moyboy

They all do throughout the whole line! :beerchug:
FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:09 pm
I haven't seen this mentioned on here, but... it has a threaded bottom bracket. :twisted:

Mr.Gib

by Mr.Gib

moyboy wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:29 pm
They all do throughout the whole line! :beerchug:
FIJIGabe wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:09 pm
And just wait till next year - they will be spec'ing cartridge BBs and square taper cranks. In a few years will be back on penny farthings.

Seriously that decision took some balls. Ends a decade nightmare for Specialized. In 10 years will press-fit be gone? I think not, but this is a good move.
wheelsONfire wrote: When we ride disc brakes the whole deal of braking is just like a leaving a fart. It happens and then it's over. Nothing planned and nothing to get nervous for.

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

Who knows where we'll be in 10 years, but I agree, it takes guts to move back from OSBB to any sort of threaded BB. Does anyone know what threaded standard they went to? I heard on the Cyclingtips podcast that they had an OSBB and threaded design going at the same time, but I would imagine that the threaded standard they've used is T47. What do you guys think?

arthurf

by arthurf

kytyree wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:26 pm
I'm not that familiar with Futureshock, let alone the new version but wouldn't the top of the Futureshock be where you'd measure the stack from? If the handlebars/stem can't be mounted lower because of the Futureshock then the stack is what it is.
The way Specialized publish stack on the Roubaix isn’t clear but if it’s anything like the Roubaix SL6..........
I have a 2017 54cm frame which has a published stack of 570 which is measured to the top of the future shock with the zero rise headset cover and no spacers.
The 2018 54cm frame has a published stack of 585 which is measured to the top of the future shock with the 15mm rise headset cover and no spacers.
Both frames are the identical size and geometry but the published geometry differs dependent on which stack headset cover has been used but this detail is not well published.
I imagine it is the same with the new frame and that geometry is measured with the 15mm stack headset cover

Ritxis

by Ritxis

Bottom bracket is BSA

in Spanish web; CAJA PEDALIER Shimano Dura-Ace, BB-R9100

CAJA PEDALIER=Bottom bracket

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

FIJIGabe

by FIJIGabe

That's interesting. So no BB30 cranks?