S-Works Roubaix 2019 (2020) ?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Beancouter

by Beancouter

A couple more pics on the sun...Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Embles

by Embles

Beancouter wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:42 pm
7.22kg with a bit more weight to come off with new wheels and a few tweaks. Should be very close to 7kg.

Paint looks amazing - photos don’t do it justice

This build looks great - would love to get your full spec to get the weight down to 7KG. I have the 2020 Comp Di2 and am looking to shave some grams!

Also, where did you order your FS 2.0 from and have you had any issues since fitting it into your comp model?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Last edited by Beancouter on Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

InconnuGlitterBoy

by InconnuGlitterBoy

Thanks! Very much appreciated.

CarbonWorks

by CarbonWorks

Hi guys,
sadly the cages are chinese copies.
Getting more and more problems with these faked cages, customers claim broken cages to me which are not original CarbonWorks
Simon
carbonworks.de

justonwo

by justonwo

Embles wrote:
Thu Jul 02, 2020 3:45 pm
Beancouter wrote:
7.22kg with a bit more weight to come off with new wheels and a few tweaks. Should be very close to 7kg.

This build looks great - would love to get your full spec to get the weight down to 7KG. I have the 2020 Comp Di2 and am looking to shave some grams!

Also, where did you order your FS 2.0 from and have you had any issues since fitting it into your comp model?
This bike looks fantastic. If I don't end up selling mine (too many road bike), I'm thinking of ditching the riser handlebars. Not in love with them. I think perhaps a set of aero bars from Specialized would be more to my liking.
2020 Pinarello F12 AXS Red (Zipp 353)
2021 S-Works Aethos Di2 9200 (Alpinist CLX II)
2006 Cervelo Soloist
2021 S-Works Epic

Retired: 2014 S-Works Roubaix
2020 S-Works Roubaix
2020 Canyon Ultimate
2018 S-Works Camber

TiBikeNut

by TiBikeNut

I just got this built up .... 54 inch frame, terra clx wheels, red tap axs 1x (for now) with power, Enve stem, Aspide Superleggera narrow saddle, candy 11 egg beaters, 30x32mm Roubaix Pro Tires. Currently run as clinchers.

Generic Aluminium spec. Handlebar...

Came in at 17 pounds even.

Any ideas on what i can do to shave about a pound? >:) thanks in advance.

I don't want skinnier tires since I ride hard pack gravel trails and roads. Looking for 33m but lighter options.

Next year I'll replace handlebar with carbon.

Attachments
71771035-7386-40B7-824D-7FAB1E34D5BF.jpeg

CrankAddictsRich

by CrankAddictsRich

There's not much you can do... you've chosen a bike, that is by its nature, heavy.... Its got all of the comfort bits built and those add weight. The areas that you can save weight would be tires, saddle, stem, bar... really that's about it. I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a pound though, especially if you don't want to sacrifice comfort or durability on roads that are a bit more abusive.

That is a beautiful bike, by the way. I love that color scheme. In some countries, they offered the Tarmac in that same scheme, if they did in the US, I'd be on it.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

TiBikeNut wrote:I just got this built up .... 54 inch frame, terra clx wheels, red tap axs 1x (for now) with power, Enve stem, Aspide Superleggera narrow saddle, candy 11 egg beaters, 30x32mm Roubaix Pro Tires. Currently run as clinchers.

Generic Aluminium spec. Handlebar...

Came in at 17 pounds even.

Any ideas on what i can do to shave about a pound? >:) thanks in advance.

I don't want skinnier tires since I ride hard pack gravel trails and roads. Looking for 33m but lighter options.

Next year I'll replace handlebar with carbon.

I’ve got my comp down to 7.06 kg - substantially through Dura Ace di2 and a set of light clincher wheels, that weigh 1820 with 28mm tyres and tubes. The rest of the savings were going as light as possible, for example

- saddle 100g
- rotors 210g pair
- pedals 138g pair

I am sure there are a couple of hundred grams available for you to save, but think it will compromise the consistency of your build which is effectively:

- enve
- sram AXS
- specialized roubaix

.... none of which come top of lightness tables! Looks fab though and you certainly haven’t cut corners on quality.

Anyway enjoy, mines uber comfy and allowing me to break many strava pb’s I set on my Addict RC at the start of summer!

TiBikeNut

by TiBikeNut

What stem and pedals would you recommend?

Beancouter

by Beancouter

I am running titanium 69 pedals from AliExpress .. 138 grams for the pair.

Stem wise; i have the standard future stem. I think it works well with the future shock as it doesn’t have the compression bolts (ears) visible; similar to your enve. The problem with any alternative stem is that shim needed alone is about out 30g from memory - so the weight differential is only about 30g for a 100g stem.

Personally, I would stick with the enve if you have enve bars as well....

TiBikeNut

by TiBikeNut

I’ve got an cheap aluminum bar from specialized.

I would mind taking a look at the new aerofly II bars that were unveiled yesterday on Tarmac sl7.

Right plan it’s to find lighter tires of the same width. Lighter inner tubes.

Would love to find lighter pedals.

Don’t see myself replacing bolts.

Everything else seems to integrated with bike or SRAM. And it does feel fast. Or atleast way faster than my 6 year old Focus Mares XC. Wheels take so little to accelerate.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Bar wise, the aerofly 2 are not new - they have been around for a while.... and are what I have on mine (some pics on my build thread). I love them - 220g and the aero tops are really comfortable for cruising on.

Inner tubes, turbolito are really light - mine for 28mm tyres are 28g each! I have found them a bit hit and miss on holding air but a price you pay! Oh and they are a bit expensive!!!

TiBikeNut

by TiBikeNut

I’ll check out the bars over winter.

I guess I could always start checking out Tune or other hyper-parts.

Right now enjoying the hell out of flying on this bike and not bracing for every little crack or pot hole on the road.

FlatlandClimber

by FlatlandClimber

Beancouter wrote:

7.22 is incredible. Is that with or without pedals? Also, which size is that? The bike looks awesome with the Aerofly II, really has me tempted.
Cervelo P5 Disc (2021) 9.1kg
Factor Ostro Gravel (2023) 8.0kg
S-Works SL8 (2023) 6.3kg

*weights are race ready, size 58/L.
Sold: Venge, S5 Disc, Roubaix Team, Open WI.DE, Émonda, Shiv TT, Crux, Aethos, SL7

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com