Pro stealth, width and depth question

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

addictR1

by addictR1

Dr.Dos wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 9:41 pm
The funniest thing about this saddle is, you ride uphill, move to the front of the saddle and it feels like you're standing on the pedals. It's strange and amazing. Puzzling but great experience.
good call on that. that's what i experience too and it's odd but works wonders normally on this saddle.

zefs

by zefs

Probably because as you move forward on the saddle the effective saddle height lowers? I think that applies to every saddle.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PrimO

by PrimO

naylor343 wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 8:40 pm
So, saddle arrived this morning, a 142mm. Did not really know how to position, so went for the nose 30mm further back than the arione it was replacing, this required the saddle clamps to be reversed.
I done the same when fitting Prologo Dimension saddles to my road bikes. never needed any further adjustment after that. I considered the Pro Stealth also but in the end up i preferred the look of the Dimension. My biggest regret is not getting it sooner. I also bought a cheap knock off version for my MTB from aliexpress (although I'm convinced theyre all coming from the same factory mould as they are so precisely identical except for the heavier rails on the aliexpress version)

Silenthunter

by Silenthunter

PrimO wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 12:11 pm
I also bought a cheap knock off version for my MTB from aliexpress (although I'm convinced theyre all coming from the same factory mould as they are so precisely identical except for the heavier rails on the aliexpress version)
Me too, I have a pro stealth knock off from eBay. For $30 I had to try it, I put it on my mtb. Other than the rails, the shell is not as stiff, which is actually better. The top isn’t glued on to it as well either. My guess is that it’s not just the same mold, maybe it’s even the same factory.

Dr.Dos

by Dr.Dos

zefs wrote:
Tue May 07, 2019 11:13 am
Probably because as you move forward on the saddle the effective saddle height lowers? I think that applies to every saddle.
I race bicycles for 31 ys. The Stealth is different.

zefs

by zefs

Yes, wider nose/stubby saddles allow you to sit on the front part more comfortably compared to regular ones, although it's said that they only have one sweet spot compared to flat saddles like the Arione.

biohazard31

by biohazard31

Hi to All,

I am currently using Fizik Arione R1 and I'm planning to buy the Pro Stealth carbon rail version.
My current saddle position is pushed all the way forward as my seatpost setback is at 5cm.

To those who switched from Arione to Stealth, how does it change your saddle position in terms of setback and height?
Considering my current seatpost offset and the carbon rail length of Stealth, do I need to change it to zero offset or will it be fine without the need to change in seatpost offset and not having a change in saddle setback?

Sorry to ask too many questions, as I don't know any bike shops who can demo this saddle to my bike.

Thank you

zefs

by zefs

For the height which should be set first, you measure from the rails to saddle top. If the Stealth has lower stack height you will have to raise the saddle by that difference compared to your current saddle. After the height is set, set the reach (handlebar to tip of saddle) to +4.9cm from your current reach (Arione is 304mm vs 255mm for the Stealth)

biohazard31

by biohazard31

zefs wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:39 am
For the height which should be set first, you measure from the rails to saddle top. If the Stealth has lower stack height you will have to raise the saddle by that difference compared to your current saddle. After the height is set, set the reach (handlebar to tip of saddle) to +4.9cm from your current reach (Arione is 304mm vs 255mm for the Stealth)

Thanks for your prompt reply

One more thing, so if I'm going to add 4.9cm on the reach from tip of the saddle to bar center. Will I be pushing the saddle back or will it stay on same position as the Arione?

I understand that the overall length of the Stealth is 4.6cm shorter than Arione. But does it mean that the length discrepancy is all from the nose of the saddle?

Thank you!

zefs

by zefs

By pushing it back the amount of length difference it will end up in the same spot. Measure both saddles with the same method and use the difference.

As far as I know the extra length of the Arione is from the nose, if you want to be super accurate you could add a straight edge on the widest part of the Arione, measure from the handlebar to that point and replicate the measurement with the Stealth.