Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

req110

by req110

I have both types of axles, weight is the same.
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

Nmspb

by Nmspb

Hey guys, I currently have Argon 18 Nitrogen on di2.
I live in Bay Area with lots of climbs and gravel roads, so want to change to an all-arounder bike (probably with mechanical shifting) from an aero bike that can't fit > 25mm tires.
Want to ride more casually, but still be quite competitive and also participate in races like BWR.

I like the Supersix for that purpose.
- Could you please tell if there'll be a big difference in climb speed?
- Prob not the best place to ask, but how does this bike compare with Canyon Endurace/Ultimate or Cervelo Caledonia?

Thanks.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

For climbing speed, there's a couple of good calculators online if you know the weight of each bike, gradient, power output etc. The difference will always be small (expect a handful of seconds over several minutes, no more), but it'll feel more fun on a lighter bike.
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Atticus' - 7.2kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Cannondale Systemsix ’Dante’ - 7.7kg
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=167144

mattharrop

by mattharrop

Looks like some of the 2022 Supersix Evo colours are showing up here (in render at least):

https://www.pmcycles.com.au/product-cat ... oad-bikes/

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Is it possible to change out the save/knot cockpit without having to bleed Force AXS discs? I’d really like to not pay a bike shop $100 to change my cockpit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

canterbizzle

by canterbizzle

ImageUntitled by , on Flickr

Hi all - building up this frame but haven't got axles and Cannondale don't have new stock until October. Can anyone please point my either to UK stock or an alternative brand which is available to buy online now?

t's a SSE 20 hi mod with the quick thru axles - the ones in the photo are just for mock up purposes

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Loving that color! :thumbup:

Robert Axle Project has axles that fit, you need to get Mavic Speed-Release compatible axles which have double lead threads. Mavic also have axles that fit but I think only with big levers. I have a pair of new, unused Cannondale SuperSix Evo bolt-on axles I'm not using (didn't get them with my frameset so I bought Robert Axle Projects because I could get them quicker and a few days later my local shop called to say he found the stock axles), I could sell them but shipping from Canada to the UK might cost more... but if you can't find a pair quick enough, shoot me a direct message.

req110

by req110

Can you guys confirm if my2021 (especially the team replica in size 54) don't have any issue with 10 tooth cog of sram AXS cassette?

There was issue on my2020 afaik, so I am interest if this was fixed.

canterbizzle

by canterbizzle

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:03 pm
Loving that color! :thumbup:

Robert Axle Project has axles that fit, you need to get Mavic Speed-Release compatible axles which have double lead threads. Mavic also have axles that fit but I think only with big levers. I have a pair of new, unused Cannondale SuperSix Evo bolt-on axles I'm not using (didn't get them with my frameset so I bought Robert Axle Projects because I could get them quicker and a few days later my local shop called to say he found the stock axles), I could sell them but shipping from Canada to the UK might cost more... but if you can't find a pair quick enough, shoot me a direct message.
thanks bud - bought the Robert Axle ones

Discodan

by Discodan

seconded on loving that colour, much nicer than my 2020

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Prosper00 wrote:I have the same weight issues with my SS Force model.

I have a real love/hate relationship with mine. It's so great to ride but I've been hit with all of the shoddy design and construction Cannondale issues - my chain chips away the chain stay when in 10T and my head tube has developed a crack from their dumbsass steel tooth in the fork crown that digs into the carbon when you turn the bars. I'll have to put a warranty claim in, I've never had such a string of design and manufacturing issues with any other bike frame.

Stock it was 8.2kgs, an absolute joke. I've spent a fortune on swapping the Knot barstem for Farsports F1. How CDale designers let a 600g cockpit out of the drawing board I'll never know. Also swapped out the chunky Force chain set for Red and saddle for Fizik Antares R1. The build now just scrapes 7.6kgs. I'm really not impressed with Cannondale.
I am quite worried about the long term prospect of frame damage from the head tube “solution.” Seriously considering downgrading to a Specialized Aethos Comp and putting some Winspace Hypers on it and calling it a day.

canterbizzle

by canterbizzle

Does anyone know if the CBear pf30a BB for a SSE3 fouls the two nuts in the bb shell as per the Hambini/BBInfinite one piece units?

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Prosper00 wrote:I have the same weight issues with my SS Force model.

I have a real love/hate relationship with mine. It's so great to ride but I've been hit with all of the shoddy design and construction Cannondale issues - my chain chips away the chain stay when in 10T and my head tube has developed a crack from their dumbsass steel tooth in the fork crown that digs into the carbon when you turn the bars. I'll have to put a warranty claim in, I've never had such a string of design and manufacturing issues with any other bike frame.

Stock it was 8.2kgs, an absolute joke. I've spent a fortune on swapping the Knot barstem for Farsports F1. How CDale designers let a 600g cockpit out of the drawing board I'll never know. Also swapped out the chunky Force chain set for Red and saddle for Fizik Antares R1. The build now just scrapes 7.6kgs. I'm really not impressed with Cannondale.
I am quite worried about the long term prospect of frame damage from the head tube “solution.” Seriously considering downgrading to a Specialized Aethos Comp and putting some Winspace Hypers on it and calling it a day.

And… speaking of which. I just decided to check it out to see if there was anything suspicious there and I think I see on one side the start of the gouging/delamination process. Maybe I’m going crazy again. What do you guys think?

req110

by req110

What model year do you have? A my2020 or my2021?
I would encourage all the my2020 customers to cut out the metal limit pin on the fork.

Stueys

by Stueys

req110 wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:05 am
What model year do you have? A my2020 or my2021?
I would encourage all the my2020 customers to cut out the metal limit pin on the fork.
How would you cut it out without causing damage? Maybe file it flat I guess

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com