Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

kgt wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:04 am

Aesthetics are not about "personal opinion" at all. It is a brand of philosophy that you can study, like other academic disciples.

Lol. Okay buddy.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:24 pm
kgt wrote:

Aesthetics are not about "personal opinion" at all. It is a brand of philosophy that you can study, like other academic disciples.

Lol. Okay buddy.
You can study anything, including personal opinions, doesn't take away that they are, as the name implies, personal opinions. :wink:

So according to the white paper, they aimed to keep the weight as is or lighten it... I'm guessing the disc frameset will be lighter than the G2 Evo disc frameset (it wasn't very well optimized for discs, basically slapped on disc mounts on the rim model and re-inforced around the mounts), rim brake model similar?

The photos look just like placeholders to show colors, they all have the same cranks/groupsets/kits despite the different specs...

by Weenie

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Mep wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:47 pm
Speaking of the dropped seatstays "dropping too far", what is up with that last picture? Is that the new Topstone? I guess the marketing message with this one is: "as we all know, the further dropped the seatstays are the more aero, so we dropped them as far as they would go before merging into a single tube".
No, the Topstone has nothing to do with aero. The stays are super dropped for compliance, with a pivot at the seatstay/seattube junction.

Karvalo

by Karvalo

Hexsense wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:09 pm
Were there any change to UCI rule about frame dimension lately?
I thought chainstay must join seat tube not further than a certain distance (8cm?) from where top tube join.
This gravel bike and new 2020 Specialized Shiv TT have really low chainstay, clearly join very far from top tube.
The gravel bike is a gravel bike. It doesn't need or want a UCI sticker so it can do whatever the hell it wants :wink:

The Shiv is interesting. IIRC the rule is 8cm from the centreline of the seatstay to the bottom of the box the TT has to fit in, not necessarily the TT itself. so if the seatstays are kinked, and the TT doesn't fill its box, the physical distance can end up being significantly more than 8cm but still legal. Still can't see how the Shiv manages it though.

Mep

by Mep

Karvalo wrote:
Mep wrote:
Speaking of the dropped seatstays "dropping too far", what is up with that last picture? Is that the new Topstone? I guess the marketing message with this one is: "as we all know, the further dropped the seatstays are the more aero, so we dropped them as far as they would go before merging into a single tube".
No, the Topstone has nothing to do with aero. The stays are super dropped for compliance, with a pivot at the seatstay/seattube junction.
I thought I was being plenty sarcastic, but I guess sarcasm doesn't translate well virtually. Still not a fan of those seatstays.

oldmac

by oldmac

Karvalo wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:58 pm
Mep wrote:
Really? a pivot at the seatstay? Oh,God!

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Well the Topstone is a gravel bike so, people want big tires, more compliance, a pivot does actually makes sense, more than having pivots on practically every bikes like Trek does...

By the way, this is the 2020 SuperSix Evo thread, if you want to discuss the Topstone, someone started a thread here.

ianeire

by ianeire

kgt

by kgt

TobinHatesYou wrote:
kgt wrote:
Lol. Okay buddy.
Here buddy:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aesthetic ... c_judgment

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

skinner lightweight bikes now all looking the same

flying

by flying

Calnago wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:53 am
Oh well, however more aero they claim it to be, it does not outweigh its incongruent ugliness, at least for me. Pass for sure on the dropped seatstays trend.
^^^ +1 :roll:

Karvalo

by Karvalo

kgt wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:13 pm
TobinHatesYou wrote:
kgt wrote:
Lol. Okay buddy.
Here buddy:
Yeah buddy. Second paragraph - "In its more technical epistemological perspective, it is defined as the study of subjective and sensori-emotional values,".

"Subjective. Adj; based on or influenced by personal feelings, tastes, or opinions."

Your link says you're wrong. Sorry buddy.

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

wiki sucks anyways

and yes Aestetics are subjective..

tarmackev

by tarmackev

kgt wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
kgt wrote:
Lol. Okay buddy.
Here buddy:
Well personally I don’t like it as much as the old one aesthetically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stueys

by Stueys

Really want to see what the aero difference is between this and the system six. Personally, I quite like the design.

by Weenie