Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Stueys

by Stueys

robeambro wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:24 pm
Stueys wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:26 am
Next quick question on my Evo build mission, does anyone have an idea what the 0 offset setpost does to reach? Ordering bits so not yet able to measure. Thanks
Theoretically nothing, as reach is measured from the BB. That said, a saddle clamped exactly mid - rails on a 0 offset post will be pretty much 15 / 25mm further ahead than a saddle clamped clamped in the same spot on a -15 / -25mm offset post.
Thanks, so realistically I'm probably looking at 10mm extra on the stem assuming handlebar reach is equal. Appreciated

pinkmaggit

by pinkmaggit

Beancouter wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:32 am
Example yoke https://r2-bike.com/SCHMOLKE-Spare-Part ... O-Seatpost
Hi, did you end up putting this on the seatpost? Did it work out OK? I'm keen to place an order but wanted to confirm before I have it shipped half way around the globe :lol:

by Weenie

hannawald

by hannawald

Stueys wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:06 pm
robeambro wrote:
Stueys wrote:
Next quick question on my Evo build mission, does anyone have an idea what the 0 offset setpost does to reach? Ordering bits so not yet able to measure. Thanks
Theoretically nothing, as reach is measured from the BB. That said, a saddle clamped exactly mid - rails on a 0 offset post will be pretty much 15 / 25mm further ahead than a saddle clamped clamped in the same spot on a -15 / -25mm offset post.
Thanks, so realistically I'm probably looking at 10mm extra on the stem assuming handlebar reach is equal. Appreciated
Cannondale stock seatpost is claimed 15mm offset but it seems to me it is more like 20mm or 22mm..at least when I put my measuring tape to the center of the clamp I can´t see how it could be 15mm..and I could compare 15mm Colnago seatpost and the Colnago offset seemed to me lower although they should be theoretically the same..

hannawald

by hannawald

hannawald wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:29 am
Stueys wrote:
robeambro wrote:
Stueys wrote:
Cannondale stock seatpost is claimed 15mm offset but it seems to me it is more like 20mm or 22mm..at least when I put my measuring tape to the center of the clamp I can´t see how it could be 15mm..and I could compare 15mm Colnago seatpost and the Colnago offset seemed to me lower although they should be theoretically the same.. so if you are on the edge/between sizes i would take zero offset.

Stueys

by Stueys

hannawald wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:31 am
hannawald wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:29 am
Stueys wrote:
robeambro wrote:

Cannondale stock seatpost is claimed 15mm offset but it seems to me it is more like 20mm or 22mm..at least when I put my measuring tape to the center of the clamp I can´t see how it could be 15mm..and I could compare 15mm Colnago seatpost and the Colnago offset seemed to me lower although they should be theoretically the same.. so if you are on the edge/between sizes i would take zero offset.
Thanks for that. So probably better to build this up with the standard 15mm post and then do some measuring

LiKuid

by LiKuid

Waiting for delivery of my Super6 hm, i am trying to figure out what kind of powermeter options i have. I currently have an SRM on my tarmac that now goes for sale and a quarq on my tt. Both of them work like a charm, but unfortunately can't transfer them to the 'dale.
Given that i don't want to change the crankset and want a dual left right unit, i understand that i can get an SRM or Power2max spider and then have to change chainrings as well? I think i am leaning on the pedal based pm route, as it's simple and easy to transfer when changing bikes. What are your thoughts and what's the lightest solution?
I guess you have probably already discussed this, but i have already spent a lot of time searchinh and reading the thread and didn't get anywhere... :?

Stueys

by Stueys

LiKuid wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:55 pm
Waiting for delivery of my Super6 hm, i am trying to figure out what kind of powermeter options i have. I currently have an SRM on my tarmac that now goes for sale and a quarq on my tt. Both of them work like a charm, but unfortunately can't transfer them to the 'dale.
Given that i don't want to change the crankset and want a dual left right unit, i understand that i can get an SRM or Power2max spider and then have to change chainrings as well? I think i am leaning on the pedal based pm route, as it's simple and easy to transfer when changing bikes. What are your thoughts and what's the lightest solution?
I guess you have probably already discussed this, but i have already spent a lot of time searchinh and reading the thread and didn't get anywhere... :?
I'm a big fan of P2M, had 2 and they just work. Also great value. I've had Vector 2 and 3, 3 went back after a week and the 2 has been ok but not as bullet proof as the P2M. One advantage pedals do have is transferability between bikes, other than that I would veer towards crank.

LiKuid

by LiKuid

I hear what you are saying, but when changing bikes, selling the proprietary pm to buy a new proprietary one, just doesn't feel right... i

Hexsense

by Hexsense

LiKuid wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:55 pm
What are your thoughts and what's the lightest solution?
Favero Assioma duo weight as much as Shimano 105 pedal (i.e. not really heavy as a pedal, one of the lightest in power meter game).
It is also one of the most accurate PM.
It has the lowest stack height of the current power meter pedals in the market. However, that doesn't mean it is as low as Dura-ace and Speedplay. It is still as tall as most Look pedals (i.e. a few mm taller than Dura-ace and Speedplay).

I think it's overall a great option. I still prefer spider-based solution with low stack pedals personally. But if you don't really care that you are a few mm higher off the ground than the lowest options, don't worry about it.

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

I use Assiomas as well, and now am about to swap to a Quarq with a new Sram groupset, have to say I was surprised how little weight I'll be able to save going to non-PM pedals. As Hex says, it's a very decent option. I've had zero issues with them and used them on multiple bikes to great effect.
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Agaaaaaaaavé' - 7.5kg
...Work in Progress viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

rmr40

by rmr40

After dialing in my fit over the last few weeks, I decided to trim the excess steerer tube on my non-hi mod 2020 SSE 3. I’ve carefully done this many times before on various forks/brands, always using a cut guide and a new, high-tpi blade. On this occasion, after removing approx. 1inch from the original length, I discovered a void in the layup;

Is this a cause for concern?, should I raise a warranty claim? I would appreciate any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

not really, that kind of void can also happen during the cut.
But I'd put a steerer plug that have good support in it rather than the low profile Cannondale one.
Something like Specialized carbon steerer tube plug.

BTW: is that high TPI blade carbon specific one? or just regular blade with high TPI?
this video (skip to 11:24) explain good reason to use carbon specific blade. To reduce chance of creating void in the carbon during the cut.

rmr40

by rmr40

Hexsense wrote:not really, that kind of void can also happen during the cut.
But I'd put a steerer plug that have good support in it rather than the low profile Cannondale one.
Something like Specialized carbon steerer tube plug.

BTW: is that high TPI blade carbon specific one? or just regular blade with high TPI?
this video (skip to 11:24) explain good reason to use carbon specific blade. To reduce chance of creating void in the carbon during the cut.
Just a brand new regular blade with high TPI - basically what I have always used to cut carbon steerer tubes and never had any issues..

Interesting, didn’t realise you could get carbon specific blades..

hannawald

by hannawald

rmr40 wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:42 pm
After dialing in my fit over the last few weeks, I decided to trim the excess steerer tube on my non-hi mod 2020 SSE 3. I’ve carefully done this many times before on various forks/brands, always using a cut guide and a new, high-tpi blade. On this occasion, after removing approx. 1inch from the original length, I discovered a void in the layup;

Is this a cause for concern?, should I raise a warranty claim? I would appreciate any advice

I guess you have nothing to loose if you ask Cannondale these questions..the cut looks pretty smooth so it doesn't seem to me you used a rough saw..

LiKuid

by LiKuid

Thanks Hexsense and Jackofallgrades! I understand Favero are the way to go. Checks all the boxes, functionality, price, ease of installation, weight and looks aren't as bad as Powertap.Now I need to search for a good deal 8)

by Weenie