Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.

Moderator: robbosmans

Hexsense

by Hexsense

pmprego wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:08 pm
Hexsense wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:56 pm
But then you run whole length housing, isn't it?
Most adapter allow you to stop the cable housing at the adapter piece. Just run bare cable to the bottom bracket.
What adapter are you referring to?
Something like this
https://www.soigneur.co.uk/online-store/cannondalemgik

Hexsense

by Hexsense

My fitting changed (well, not really: just a new saddle require saddle rail clamp to be more forward), so now I'm looking for 0mm offset HG 27 Knot seat post in the USA.
It is annoyingly hard to find at a reasonable price right now. Sigmasports don't ship Cannondale product to USA. Cannondalespares out of stock to next year etc.
Anyone have a source?

by Weenie

bet1216

by bet1216

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:31 pm
My fitting changed (well, not really: just a new saddle require saddle rail clamp to be more forward), so now I'm looking for 0mm offset HG 27 Knot seat post in the USA.
It is annoyingly hard to find at a reasonable price right now. Sigmasports don't ship Cannondale product to USA. Cannondalespares out of stock to next year etc.
Anyone have a source?
I have been looking since Sept. No luck. Cannondale won't even give authorized dealers and estimate. But I I ordered a 400mm SAVE systembar in August that was backordered until Dec. and it came in mid September so hard telling.

pmprego

by pmprego

Just to confirm. The supersix uses a standard 1-1/8 fork for regular stems, isn't it?

And, second question. What is the "25mm too cap" mentioned in the headset part? (from websites selling the supersix)

I've been burned so now I try to make sure of every little detail. Thanks

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

pmprego wrote:
Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:32 pm
I'll add another question... I've been searching the thread and I saw someone stating that a 51 size can only accomodate 71cm of BB-saddle height. Can people confirm this?

My saddle height is around 75cm but that is to the top of the saddle. I guess to the rails should be some 3cm less. Still above that 71 figure...
I have a 51 with a saddle height of 70.5, and there's definitely enough margin for 75. :thumbup:
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Agaaaaaaaavé' - 7.5kg
...Work in Progress viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

pmprego wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:31 pm
Just to confirm. The supersix uses a standard 1-1/8 fork for regular stems, isn't it?

And, second question. What is the "25mm too cap" mentioned in the headset part? (from websites selling the supersix)

Yes, regular 1 1/8 stems.

The '25mm top cap' is a cone shaped headset spacer (see top left part below) that shipped with the older Evos, not with the 2020+ (although maybe they have it on the rim brake models).

pmprego

by pmprego

Dan Gerous wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:10 pm
pmprego wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Yes, regular 1 1/8 stems.

The '25mm top cap' is a cone shaped headset spacer (see top left part below) that shipped with the older Evos, not with the 2020+ (although maybe they have it on the rim brake models).

Thanks!

TheNuttyProf

by TheNuttyProf

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm if the Sram AXS issue has been resolved?

Also, what is the best cockpit to run with a slammed stem?

TIA!

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

TheNuttyProf wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:41 am
Hi all,

TIA!
On the Sram issue, all you need is a small spacer to fit in the Thru Axle between the cassette and the frame dropout section, it forces the stays out just enough to clear it. I've got one ready...

And on cockpit, I've got a Zipp Sprint stem which looks pretty good, there's a couple other builds on here with the same. Bit heavy though! For integrated solutions, Farsports work pretty well with the integrated spacers.

Discodan

by Discodan

Jackofallgrades wrote:
TheNuttyProf wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:41 am
Hi all,

TIA!
On the Sram issue, all you need is a small spacer to fit in the Thru Axle between the cassette and the frame dropout section, it forces the stays out just enough to clear it. I've got one ready...

And on cockpit, I've got a Zipp Sprint stem which looks pretty good, there's a couple other builds on here with the same. Bit heavy though! For integrated solutions, Farsports work pretty well with the integrated spacers.
That would do it nicely. How thick a spacer are you talking about, 1mm or so?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

I'll have to check when I'm home tomorrow, but it could even be just 0.5. Nothing major, certainly when you feel the flex capacity in the frame just giving it a pull without the wheels in.

flashpunk

by flashpunk

Jackofallgrades wrote:I'll have to check when I'm home tomorrow, but it could even be just 0.5. Nothing major, certainly when you feel the flex capacity in the frame just giving it a pull without the wheels in.
Where'd you get this spacer?

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

flashpunk wrote:
Sun Nov 01, 2020 12:29 am
Jackofallgrades wrote:I'll have to check when I'm home tomorrow, but it could even be just 0.5. Nothing major, certainly when you feel the flex capacity in the frame just giving it a pull without the wheels in.
Where'd you get this spacer?
From a Cannondale rep. I haven't seen any official word on this issue, but given it's so easy to fix I'm not all that bothered... Not sure from their position why not make that announcement :noidea:

req110

by req110

Hello guys.
I have this on right side of my headtube, the paintwork is peeling off here.

It should be covered by warranty. "Paint and Decals: One year from original retail purchase."

I have contacted lbs, they told me to bring it and they will send it to distributor. I will do that soon most probably, unless you tell me there is no chance of getting replacement.

Can you guys share with me your experience?

1) is there probability of getting new frameset on RMA?

2) i bought the bike as ultegra kit, but replaced for sram red etap, i hope they won't have any problem with that

3) my frameset is 2020 team replica rapha / if i get new frameset, will they

a) find exact same 2020 team replica
b) replace with 2021 team replica
c) offer me some other hi-mod frameset
d) try to fucc me up with standard mod frameset?
Attachments
IMG_4398.JPG

Geraint

by Geraint

My experience of Cannondale warranties and crash replacements (I've had one of each) is that they have a stock of frames for this purpose and they offer you what they have available from that. I've had a 2018 Synapse replaced with a 2019 (nicer colour) under warranty, and when I crashed my CAAD12 disc there wasn't a like for like replacement available so I ended up with an Evo3 black inc disc frameset at less than half price, ie about £300 more than the CAAD12 frameset had cost me. I was very happy with the outcome on both occasions.

If you like that old Rapha colour then I'd question whether it's worth the hassle, it only looks like a minor cosmetic blemish to me and I personally wouldn't bother. But YMMV.

by Weenie