Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

I saw the full specs of top 2021 Hi-Mod euro-specs models (usually the same as North America), more or less the same as far as I know as the asian market ones.
  • SRAM Red eTAP AXS build with KNØT 45 SL wheels, KNØT cockpit in lavender color
  • DA Di2 build is now in the updated EF Replica colors, SISL2 with 10 arms SpideRing, KNØT 45 SL wheels, KNØT cockpit (I'm glad they ditched the non-activated powermeter nonsense of last year)
  • Ultegra Di2 with Hollowgram Si crank + 8 arm SpideRing, KNØT 45 SL wheels, KNØT cockpit, matte black
  • Ultegra mechanical with Hollowgram Si crank + 8 arm SpideRing, Hollowgram 35 wheels, KNØT cockpit, 2 color choices: EF replica or candy red (the nice metallic one posted earlier)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

S6ED

by S6ED

Dan Gerous wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:03 pm
I saw the full specs of top 2021 Hi-Mod euro-specs models (usually the same as North America), more or less the same as far as I know as the asian market ones.
  • SRAM Red eTAP AXS build with KNØT 45 SL wheels, KNØT cockpit in lavender color
  • DA Di2 build is now in the updated EF Replica colors, SISL2 with 10 arms SpideRing, KNØT 45 SL wheels, KNØT cockpit (I'm glad they ditched the non-activated powermeter nonsense of last year)
  • Ultegra Di2 with Hollowgram Si crank + 8 arm SpideRing, KNØT 45 SL wheels, KNØT cockpit, matte black
  • Ultegra mechanical with Hollowgram Si crank + 8 arm SpideRing, Hollowgram 35 wheels, KNØT cockpit, 2 color choices: EF replica or candy red (the nice metallic one posted earlier)
Thanks! Any idea what colour the other frameset-only option will be? One will be the EF Replica, I suppose.

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Pedalon.co.uk have the 2021 models listed on their website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frogtape777

by frogtape777

Dan Gerous wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:03 pm
The 2021 Ultegra can be bought in many places currently, it also has a different seatpost to 2020, and the better RT800 rotors.

PS they are all on the Cannondale website too for side by side spec comparisons.

EG. 2020 vs 2021

https://www.cannondale.com/en-gb/bikes/ ... 778-psB43c

https://www.cannondale.com/en-gb/bikes/ ... 0cwEqQtY4U

frogtape777

by frogtape777

Hey Guys,

Will this Stages Cannondale SI Power Meter
https://store.stagescycling.com/STAGES- ... I?length=5

Work with the Cannondale 1 crank (which looks the same as a SI crank?) which comes on the SuperSix Evo Ultegra ?
Cannondale 1, BB30a, 52/36

Cannondale 1

Cannondale SI

Beancouter

by Beancouter

You hyper link takes you to the stages left hand arm power meter. That will work fine (I have one on my Evo with SISL2, which is effectively a lighter version of yours)

The picture you have shown also has the spider power meter - I can’t comment on that one. Yours would need to have direct mount chain ring (and I can’t recall if it does or not)

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

The Stages left side powermeters on a Cannondale arm will work with any current and recent Cannondale cranksets, SISL2, SI, One...

A powermeter in a spider for Hollowgram will work as well, even the lower end Cannondale One have the same removable spider interface with a lockring.

As long as you don't go back to old crankset models with the older style 104mm lipped spindle, everything with the 109mm spindle can be mixed and matched now. Arms, spiders, SpideRing...

frogtape777

by frogtape777

Beancouter wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:22 pm
You hyper link takes you to the stages left hand arm power meter. That will work fine (I have one on my Evo with SISL2, which is effectively a lighter version of yours)

The picture you have shown also has the spider power meter - I can’t comment on that one. Yours would need to have direct mount chain ring (and I can’t recall if it does or not)

Thanks so it sounds like the "Cannondale One" is effectively still a "Cannondale SI" crankarm with different branding? Its just the shape and contours looked different.

frogtape777

by frogtape777

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 6:51 pm
The Stages left side powermeters on a Cannondale arm will work with any current and recent Cannondale cranksets, SISL2, SI, One...

A powermeter in a spider for Hollowgram will work as well, even the lower end Cannondale One have the same removable spider interface with a lockring.

As long as you don't go back to old crankset models with the older style 104mm lipped spindle, everything with the 109mm spindle can be mixed and matched now. Arms, spiders, SpideRing...
Perfect thanks its the Stages i'm after as use them on my MTB and gravel bike, so lightweight and simple to fit.

I was also worried about the Q factor being different on an SI Stages Power Arm to the Cannondale One i'd be removing. I wouldnt want one leg sitting further out, OCD wouldn't allow it LOL :lol:

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

frogtape777 wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:40 pm
Beancouter wrote:

Thanks so it sounds like the "Cannondale One" is effectively still a "Cannondale SI" crankarm with different branding? Its just the shape and contours looked different.
Yes, just a different branding, it's the exact same as the previous SI (not Hollowgram SI, just SI, these are not hollow which makes them less expensive to manufacture but heavier).

frogtape777

by frogtape777

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:38 pm
frogtape777 wrote:
Beancouter wrote:

Yes, just a different branding, it's the exact same as the previous SI (not Hollowgram SI, just SI, these are not hollow which makes them less expensive to manufacture but heavier).
Just what I needed to hear cheers!

What kind of weight can be saved upgrading the whole crank to hollowgram?

req110

by req110

I am selling crankset and stages and I am mentioning also weight of those
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=162793
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

Beancouter

by Beancouter

frogtape777 wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
frogtape777 wrote:
Beancouter wrote:

My sisl2 weighs 527g with a 52/36 10 arm spidering - 175mm length .

The left arm weight is 131g and the stages replacement left (which is Si and not SISL2) weighs 177. Total unit is therefore 573g with left are power meter.

req110

by req110

The ones I am selling
574g is hollowgram Si
594g is complete hollowgram SI with stages

But this weight is using lighter 10 arm chainring. Cranks are 172.5mm
SW SL8 RTP 56cm @ 9270 / CLX II / CS OSPW / CEMA BB
S Epic 8 L @ XX T-Type / Berg Ratheberg 30 / Quarq / Fox Transfer SL 100mm / 3p

frogtape777

by frogtape777

Beancouter wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:44 pm
frogtape777 wrote:
Dan Gerous wrote:
frogtape777 wrote:

My sisl2 weighs 527g with a 52/36 10 arm spidering - 175mm length .

The left arm weight is 131g and the stages replacement left (which is Si and not SISL2) weighs 177. Total unit is therefore 573g with left are power meter.

Thanks 8)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com