Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Rappid

by Rappid

andyJC wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:30 pm
Is anyone running a quarq dzero on their supersix?
I'm running DZero on my Super6 black 2014.

by Weenie

andyJC

by andyJC

Rappid wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 5:37 pm
andyJC wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:30 pm
Is anyone running a quarq dzero on their supersix?
I'm running DZero on my Super6 black 2014.
which crankset?

andyJC

by andyJC

I'm trying to figure out what the best combination is for my supersix 2020.

I'm looking at either the quarq or the power 2 max power meter.

Either keeping with the dura ace crankset, or getting the SiSL2 (and switching the DA onto the winter bike.)

Rappid

by Rappid

which crankset?
Sram Red arms+Sram Red chainrings+WheelsMfg bb.

bet1216

by bet1216

andyJC wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:19 am

Either keeping with the dura ace crankset, or getting the SiSL2 (and switching the DA onto the winter bike.)
I thought Quarq only made a PM that was compatible with the DA rings but still required a SRAM crankset. Which model works with the DA cranks? If they make one for DA, then the question is which crank do you like the best? I personally have always preferred the Cannondale cranks on Cannondale bikes. However both are great. If you have to switch cranks if you decide to go with the Quarq then I personally would go with P2M and SiSl2. As for the PM, I have not used a Quarq (but they have a good reputation) but I have used the Power2max for many years (3 different models actually). All of them have been bulletproof. My only complaint was the battery access on the older TypeS was a pain, but that has been changed on both the NG (rechargeable) and NGECO. The P2M only adds 112-127g depending on modle PM to the SiSl2 crankset.

S6ED

by S6ED

andyJC wrote:

You can send the left SiSL2 crank to 4iiii for a factory install of their powermeter (either model) for about $300. The lightest option by far at about 7g.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

I confess my sin.
I hide cables of Cannondale Supersix Evo using Specialized Venge stem. This diabolical mix shouldn't exist.

PS. anyone know other stem with cable management feature under the stem similar to Venge stem?
Attachments
CVT07714.jpg
CVT07716.jpg
CVT07718.jpg

Discodan

by Discodan

Does it do the job? Then use it. Let the purists eat the dirty air in your wake

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

sychen

by sychen

Looks great Hex.. As a proud owner of a Shimanolo bike.. I approve your Cannonlized.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

S6ED

by S6ED

sychen wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:30 am
Looks great Hex.. As a proud owner of a Shimanolo bike.. I approve your Cannonlized.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Cannonlized? My god, the end of the world is nigh.

Kroter

by Kroter

Hexsense wrote:I confess my sin.
I hide cables of Cannondale Supersix Evo using Specialized Venge stem. This diabolical mix shouldn't exist.

PS. anyone know other stem with cable management feature under the stem similar to Venge stem?
Could you explain how did you route di2 wires in the crack?. I am going to do it tomorrow.

Enviado desde mi SM-N975F mediante Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Kroter wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:04 pm

Could you explain how did you route di2 wires in the crack?. I am going to do it tomorrow.

I don't really understand your question. What is the crack...
Anyway, the di2 on this bike is really straight forward.
y split cable connect shifters with junction A in down tube (and I attach sprint shifters to each of the shifter).
another end of down tube to to one of junction B port which sit in front of the bottom bracket.
One port of junction b go to battery in seatpost.
2 more end of junction b go to each derailleur.

What special about SS evo is that the cable get into headtube in front of the stem. But without a proper stem, 2 hoses and di2 cable will still be visible when look from above. So A stem with some cable management piece pull all the cables to the stem before they go into the frame hide the cable out of the way. If you have a stem with a small hole underneath, I guess you can do similar thing by using zip tie from inside the hole to pull cables up against the stem.
Hold on... I think Pro Vibe stem have that kind of hole!

andyJC

by andyJC

bet1216 wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:45 pm
andyJC wrote:

I thought Quarq only made a PM that was compatible with the DA rings but still required a SRAM crankset. Which model works with the DA cranks? If they make one for DA, then the question is which crank do you like the best? I personally have always preferred the Cannondale cranks on Cannondale bikes. However both are great. If you have to switch cranks if you decide to go with the Quarq then I personally would go with P2M and SiSl2. As for the PM, I have not used a Quarq (but they have a good reputation) but I have used the Power2max for many years (3 different models actually). All of them have been bulletproof. My only complaint was the battery access on the older TypeS was a pain, but that has been changed on both the NG (rechargeable) and NGECO. The P2M only adds 112-127g depending on modle PM to the SiSl2 crankset.
Thanks. Leaning towards that solution .

Will also trial the assiomas for the training / winter bike

andyJC

by andyJC

Hexsense wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:42 am
I confess my sin.

Looks fantastic

Kroter

by Kroter

Hexsense wrote:
Kroter wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:04 pm

I don't really understand your question. What is the crack...
Anyway, the di2 on this bike is really straight forward.
y split cable connect shifters with junction A in down tube (and I attach sprint shifters to each of the shifter).
another end of down tube to to one of junction B port which sit in front of the bottom bracket.
One port of junction b go to battery in seatpost.
2 more end of junction b go to each derailleur.

What special about SS evo is that the cable get into headtube in front of the stem. But without a proper stem, 2 hoses and di2 cable will still be visible when look from above. So A stem with some cable management piece pull all the cables to the stem before they go into the frame hide the cable out of the way. If you have a stem with a small hole underneath, I guess you can do similar thing by using zip tie from inside the hole to pull cables up against the stem.
Hold on... I think Pro Vibe stem have that kind of hole!
Thanks a lot.

by Weenie