Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Aspec818

by Aspec818

Just picked up a new s6 ultegra and the reach is a bit high for me. I couldn't find the exact answer through search. How do you properly lower the stem/handlebar with the plastic spacers? Do you swap standard spacers to above the stem? What size spacers do you need?
Attachments
D12FED2E-96A1-4CC9-8CE1-5CC239175BDF.jpeg

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Aspec818 wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:18 pm
Just picked up a new s6 ultegra and the reach is a bit high for me. I couldn't find the exact answer through search. How do you properly lower the stem/handlebar with the plastic spacers? Do you swap standard spacers to above the stem? What size spacers do you need?
It’s the same as on every other bike. Take off the top cap of the headset, take off the stem, then take of the spacers, then put on the stem again (just keep the one spacer that’s directly under the stem all the time to protect the hydraulic hoses where they enter the frame) and the tighten the head set. If you don’t want to cut the fork shaft, then you need to put standard 1 1/8“ spacers above the stem.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

by Weenie

Aspec818

by Aspec818

floriansantana wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:49 pm
It’s the same as on every other bike. Take off the top cap of the headset, take off the stem, then take of the spacers, then put on the stem again (just keep the one spacer that’s directly under the stem all the time to protect the hydraulic hoses where they enter the frame) and the tighten the head set. If you don’t want to cut the fork shaft, then you need to put standard 1 1/8“ spacers above the stem.

I'm having trouble getting the fork to tighten. I stacked a few standard spacers above my stem and no matter how tight I snug the top cap, there is still play in the fork. The headset should be right after this. Not sure what else it can be.
Attachments
4C277EBE-B9BD-4FAD-B255-DC8006A03871.jpeg

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Just like any headset, make sure the stem bolts are loose but also specifically here, the little grub screw on the spacer right under the stem must be loose as well before adjusting the bearing preload, otherwise no matter how much you try tightening the compression assembly, it wont do much...

Also, again just like any headset, make sure you have enough spacers above the stem so the fork's steerer ends around 3mm below the top of the last spacer, otherwise the top of the compression assembly can bottom out against the fork steerer before it can tighten the headset.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

Aspec818 wrote:
Sat May 30, 2020 10:25 pm
floriansantana wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 7:49 pm

I'm having trouble getting the fork to tighten. I stacked a few standard spacers above my stem and no matter how tight I snug the top cap, there is still play in the fork. The headset should be right after this. Not sure what else it can be.
You made sure to loosen the locking bolt on the side of top spacer before you tighten top cap, right?
Edit: Dan Gerous replied exactly what I'm trying to say (and more) one day ago. Not sure why it didn't catch my mind that I'm about to answer the exact same thing...

TedTan

by TedTan

New part upgraded:

Ultegra Mechanical FD
Ultegra Mechanical RD
Carbon Seatpost

Current bike weight at 7.96kg (size48 Non Hi Mod)

Can anyone share your bike weight for size 48???is that possible drop to 7.5kg (I’m happy with this number)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hexsense

by Hexsense

7.35kg size 48 non hi-mod. Essentially the same frame as yours down to the color.
Mostly Ultegra di2 (Dura-ace rotors, old Dura-ace Front Derailleur).
Rotor Aldhu+Power2max and Shimano Ultegra rings.
--- I can drop 200g more by getting a lighter power meter crank system (like SkyPivot + Sigeyi Axo).
Sram Red​ cassette.
Specialized Aerofly II​ 38cm bar
Bontrager Blendr Pro stem (and it's nice mounts for camera and bike computer)
Light-Bicycle WR56mm with Conti GP5000 25c front 28c rear with latex tubes.
Attachments
20200213_182915.jpg

TedTan

by TedTan

Hexsense wrote:7.35kg size 48 non hi-mod. Essentially the same frame as yours down to the color.
--- I can drop 200g more by getting a lighter power meter crank system (like SkyPivot + Sigeyi Axo).
Sram Red​ cassette.
Impressive.610 grams different compare to mine...
Suppose to change ultegra crankset and DI2 to become lighten as yours???
Is that possible our frame come with different weight???

req110

by req110

Has anyone sorted the seatpost creaking issue?

TedTan

by TedTan

req110 wrote:Has anyone sorted the seatpost creaking issue?
I’m encounter this issue before....
Reapply grease at seatpost wedge and thick layer of carbon grip paste at whole seatpost....problem solve.....hope this help

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

TedTan wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:41 am
Hexsense wrote:7.35kg size 48 non hi-mod. Essentially the same frame as yours down to the color.
Sram Red​ cassette.
Impressive.610 grams different compare to mine...
Suppose to change ultegra crankset and DI2 to become lighten as yours???
Is that possible our frame come with different weight???

Di2 doesn't save much weight over the mechanical version of the same level groupset, not the most efficient gram/$ upgrade but the non-hollow forged SI crankset you have is on the heavy side so that could be a good place to save weight. A Hollowgram SISL2 with a 10-arm SpideRing is a wonder crank, light, stiff, shifts really well and looks great... but it's not cheap. A good weight/$ ratio for a crankset would be a 11sp SRAM Red BB30 Exogram (with the carbon spider and arm made of a single pice, not the ones with removable spiders), lighter than Ultegra, and no need to add a BB adaptor or change the BB, and you can save further weight by changing chainrings as well. Also, looking at your bike vs Hexsense's, if you have the stock 105 11-30 cassette, that's probably more than 100gr heavier than his SRAM cassette.

My non Hi-Mod Evo is 6.8kg in size 54 so making a 48 under 7.5 shouldn't be too hard, depending of the budget obviously. I already had some light parts laying around and on my older bike to build mine.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

few more saving not listed by Dan Gerous.
Inner tube: Latex tube 60g each vs butyl tube 100g each would save 80g for the pair for very little money.
If you go all out for weight, tubolito weight about 30g each. That would be 60g for a pair of inner tube instead of 200g.
Continental GP5000 25c weight less than GP4000 25c too (but measure narrower, so if you want the same measured width GP5000 28c weight more than GP4000 25c).
Make sure stem,bar and bartape are not porky. Doesn't have to be light weight weenies stuff. Just make sure to avoid super heavy items (I've used 160g for two rolls of bartape before, switching to 60g for two rolls already save me 100g).
Dan Gerous wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:02 pm
Di2 doesn't save much weight over the mechanical version of the same level groupset
That's totally true. But a bit less so for disc brake.
Ultegra mech hydraulic shifters weight 550g for a pair. While Ultegra di2 hydraulic is just 360g for the pair.
Then Ultegra di2 FD+RD combinely weight 62g more than mech one (I use Dura-ace FD though, another 30g saving). Heavy cable vs thin electronic wire+battery etc.
combinely make di2 lighter, but not much. I use Di2 for the sprint shifter buttons. Sram Red mechanical 11speed weight way less than Di2.

Dan Gerous wrote:
A good weight/$ ratio for a crankset would be a 11sp SRAM Red BB30 Exogram (with the carbon spider and arm made of a single pice, not the ones with removable spiders), lighter than Ultegra, and no need to add a BB adaptor or change the BB, and you can save further weight by changing chainrings as well.
Cannondale use pf30a so a tiny modification is needed to fit Sram Red bb30 Exogram. The modification needed is just the removal of the adjustment collar on the left side spindle, and replace it with wavy washer for preload adjusting instead.
This single upgrade save between 200-300g off the bike vs stock crank.
Dan Gerous wrote:
..if you have the stock 105 11-30 cassette, that's probably more than 100gr heavier than his SRAM cassette.
+1, Sram Red 11-26 cassette would save quite some weight against anything else 11 speed.
Dan Gerous wrote:
My non Hi-Mod Evo is 6.8kg in size 54 so making a 48 under 7.5 shouldn't be too hard, depending of the budget obviously. I already had some light parts laying around and on my older bike to build mine.
Nice!

TedTan

by TedTan

[/quote]

My non Hi-Mod Evo is 6.8kg in size 54 so making a 48 under 7.5 shouldn't be too hard, depending of the budget obviously. I already had some light parts laying around and on my older bike to build mine.[/quote]

Ya,obviously budget to determine weight of the bike

andyJC

by andyJC

Is anyone running a quarq dzero on their supersix?

Or absolute black oval chain rings?

by Weenie

Kroter

by Kroter

Hello, does anybody know the size of the di2 wires for a supersix Evo 2020?. Thanks

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6013 mediante Tapatalk