Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

DaveS

by DaveS

tothemax wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:31 pm
DaveS wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:22 am
Interesting that it weighs the same as my Colnago C-RS with Chorus 12, 11-34 cassette, Zonda wheels, SMP Stratos saddle, FSA K-force post, EC90 bars with pedals removed from both bikes. Cost 3200 USD to build.
I know this forum is all about weight, but his bike has a ton more aero properties than yours, which likely makes it a much faster bike. It's not just weight of discs that add grams.
Not with that rider position! You can't sit way up in the air and be aero. I've got a 10cm saddle to bar drop.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Hexsense

by Hexsense

DaveS wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:58 pm
tothemax wrote:
DaveS wrote:
Interesting that it weighs the same as my Colnago C-RS with Chorus 12, 11-34 cassette, Zonda wheels, SMP Stratos saddle, FSA K-force post, EC90 bars with pedals removed from both bikes. Cost 3200 USD to build.
I know this forum is all about weight, but his bike has a ton more aero properties than yours, which likely makes it a much faster bike. It's not just weight of discs that add grams.
Not with that rider position! You can't sit way up in the air and be aero. I've got a 10cm saddle to bar drop.
Then it's you that is more aero than him. Not about the bike aero properties.
If he need to set your Colnago for himself, he'll need to add spacers too. Then comparing the same rider position would result in his bike is more aero than yours.

PS. I'm know rider position matter more than anything else on the bike in term of aero performance, but bikes should be compared in the same optimal riding position for the same rider.

okimy

by okimy

DaveS wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:58 pm
tothemax wrote:
DaveS wrote:
Maybe that's their preferred riding position? Maybe they have tried to go lower but aren't comfortable with that or can't put down the same power? The point is being lower does not make you faster automatically. It might even cause long term damage if you're particularly unlucky (not flexible and still go low anyway).
And I doubt people would ride a bike with that many spacers if they didn't have a good reason to do so.

DaveS

by DaveS

It's kind of like building a 6Kg bike and carrying 10Kg of extra body fat. What's the point?

hernejj

by hernejj

PUNlSHER wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:10 pm
Length of the stem & weight pls? 🤔
3T ARX II Team Stem, 100mm, 120g.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

DaveS wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:48 pm
It's kind of like building a 6Kg bike and carrying 10Kg of extra body fat. What's the point?
The point is, you will carry 10kg of fat regardless of what bike you ride anyway no matter what bike you ride. And the lighter bike is still faster up hill for the same rider. So if he can afford it, why not?

Are you saying, only thinnest people who can tolerate lowest position is worthy to use light/aero bike. Anyone else overweight or not very functional on the bike with aggressive position should be on cheap and mediocre bike because they aren't going to be fast anyway?

hernejj

by hernejj

DaveS wrote:
While I appreciate the argument, what's the point of anything in life? Building a high performance machine based on the SS Evo is what I wanted to do. So that's exactly what I did.

I'm well aware that my body contributes far more to aero-drag than the bike. When I need to, I can ride folded over with my chin down at the bars. I've done it in races and time trials and sometimes while just riding for fun. It is just not how I spend the majority of my time on the bike because its not comfortable for a long period of time. The SS is, by far, the most aggressive bke I've ever owned so I'm going to need time to adjust to it. And to be honest, I haven't even ridden this one outside yet, just a few short runs on the trainer to dial things in. When the weather warms up in my part of the world I'll take the SS out and see how I like the setup. Perhaps I'll find it too high and lower things in the first day, perhaps it will take me some time. In any case, I can't wait to get outside and try it out :-D.

fortrog

by fortrog

Does anyone have a way of getting these EF decals for the Power2Max covers? They're so saucy!!

2018 Specialized Tarmac Pro - Oil Chameleon

S6ED

by S6ED

Wenne wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:56 pm
Simon Clarke drives a "normal" size :thumbup: D71886BE-E6A3-4079-BF6C-E027018BE098.jpeg
I believe he rides a 54 new Evo, used to ride 52 Evo previous model.

S6ED

by S6ED

Some new/unknown colour schemes, perhaps.

https://bicyclebuysell.com/item/502483/ ... meset-2020

DaveS

by DaveS

Hexsense wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:12 pm
Are you saying, only thinnest people who can tolerate lowest position is worthy to use light/aero bike. Anyone else overweight or not very functional on the bike with aggressive position should be on cheap and mediocre bike because they aren't going to be fast anyway?
Yes! Be realistic. I'm thin at 63Kg, but I should be down into the 60-61 Kg range, to be a really fit cyclist. A pro my size would be even lighter. I'm also old (66) and a lot slower than I was 10 years ago. Nothing funnier than an old slow guy on a top of the line bike. Even funnier if it's setup with a lot of spacer and a high rise stem.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

DaveS wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:36 am
Hexsense wrote:
Yes! Be realistic. I'm thin at 63Kg, but I should be down into the 60-61 Kg range, to be a really fit cyclist. A pro my size would be even lighter. I'm also old (66) and a lot slower than I was 10 years ago. Nothing funnier than an old slow guy on a top of the line bike. Even funnier if it's setup with a lot of spacer and a high rise stem.
You can be annoyed or amused or whatever and be an elitist snob if you choose... Not every cyclists need to look like a pro. When I see someone like that, I think the guy wanted that bike so he got it, good on him. And he's out riding, enjoying himself, so good on him even more! Enjoy your bike hernejj! :thumbup:
S6ED wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:08 pm
Some new/unknown colour schemes, perhaps.

https://bicyclebuysell.com/item/502483/ ... meset-2020
These are framesets only available for the Asia/Pacific market, sadly, I really like the Sienna.

tothemax

by tothemax

DaveS wrote:
Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:36 am
Hexsense wrote:
Egan Bernal could show up on a unicycle and beat you up a climb, then turn around and tell you that you're not worth the Colnago you're riding. It's all relative.

cerro

by cerro

DaveS wrote:
This is weightweenies, this forum is all about saving weight on your bike. And this thread is about the great new SuperSIX Evo which many people are interested in as seen on the number of posts. It's not about Colnago or saving weight on yourself ;) You can start another thread for that if you like

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

fortrog wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:45 pm
Does anyone have a way of getting these EF decals for the Power2Max covers? They're so saucy!!

does anyone know where to get branded decals "cannondale" like in old times?
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g