Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hernejj

by hernejj

Here is my *nearly* complete build!

It weights in at exactly 16.79 pounds (7.6 kg) and it is only missing bar tap and tire sealant. It has everything else including pedals, Wahoo Elemnt Bolt & mount, bottle cages, etc. Here is a parts list:
  • Cannondale 2020 SuperSix Evo Ballistec Frameset 54 cm
  • Cannondale HG27 KN0T Carbon Seatpost (K2601015)
  • Shimano Di2 Ultegra Groupset R8070
  • SRAM Red 50/34 BB30 Cranks (525g)
  • Mavic Cosmic Pro SL UST Disc Wheels (1535g)
  • Continental GP5000 TL (Tubeless) tires 700x25
  • Shimano RT900 Dura-Ace rotors
  • Shimano Ultegra CS-R8000 Cassette 11-32
  • Favero Assioma pedals (306g)
  • 3T Super Ergo 44cm Bars (207g)
  • 3T ARX II Team Stem
  • Ergon SR Pro (Ti) Saddle (218g)
So, 100% complete it will be right around 17 pounds. Not bad given the aero-benefits of the frame and wheels. Anyone looking to save some more weight could easily do so by using different pedals, lighter wheels or a lighter saddle. My goal with this build was low weight but without compromising things like aero, a power meter and saddle comfort.

IIRC, the stock wieght of this bike (105 build) was 21.00 pounds. Now it is 4 pounds lighter AND has power meter pedals, deep section wheels, electronic shifting, bottle cages, and a gps and mount.

A big thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me choose components! Specifically: Dan Gerous for answering so many of my technical and compatibility questions. Hexsense for making me consider the Favero Assioma's over 4iiii with Shimano cranks (hint: SRAM Red and Assiomas save weight!), Hexsense once again, for correcting my stupid mistake and preventing me from purchasing the WRONG crankset.
Attachments
ss01.jpg
ss02.jpg
ss03.jpg
ss04.jpg

floriansantana

by floriansantana

One could think that you bought the wrong frame size and should have gotten two or more sizes smaller so you could have lost about 2 cm in spacers and used a longer stem for an overall better and more proportional look and probably better bike handling and steering in general.

Just my 2 cents though.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

roeman

by roeman

Anyone got a way of getting hold of the direct mount rear mech hanger EF Education use on their team bikes? looks awesome
Giant XTC Team 2014
Giant TCR Advanced Pro 1 2016
Cannondale Scalpel Si 2018 Team
Cervelo S5 Dura Ace - Enve 4.5's

floriansantana

by floriansantana

New EF Education First Team bike spotted on cyclingtips.com.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

refthimos

by refthimos

floriansantana wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:57 pm
One could think that you bought the wrong frame size and should have gotten two or more sizes smaller so you could have lost about 2 cm in spacers and used a longer stem for an overall better and more proportional look and probably better bike handling and steering in general.
If that's his correct fit, then a smaller frame won't work because he already needs a lot of stack and a smaller frame's shorter head tube won't help him there. He's pushing the geometry of the new EVO as it is, if anything a larger frame would reduce the spacers but then he'd need an even shorter stem.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Hexsense

by Hexsense

hernejj wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:09 pm
floriansantana wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:57 pm

Just my 2 cents though.
The amount of spacers and almost absence of saddle to bar drop look nearly identical to when I first start cycling. Nothing wrong with that. Any smaller frame size and the spacer will be too tall. Any larger size and the stem will be too short. Also, relatively taller headtube of SS Evo fit this type of fitting better than most other full on racing bike.

In about 2 years after I first started cycling. With consistent core build up and stretching, I managed to increase stem length by 2cm and drop bar height off by 4cm. A progress that is nice to have but not neccessery if you prioritize comfort and joy of riding over full-on aerodynamic.

hernejj

by hernejj

Hexsense wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:27 pm
In about 2 years after I first started cycling. With consistent core build up and stretching, I managed to increase stem length by 2cm and drop bar height off by 4cm. A progress that is nice to have but not neccessery if you prioritize comfort and joy of riding over full-on aerodynamic.
And this is exactly where I am. 54cm frame seems to fit me best. With time and work, I'll be able to lower the bars a bit. But its comfy right where it is for now. :)

Edit: When I set out to get a "Racing" bike last year I really wanted a Tarmac. But I didn't really care for how twitchy it felt. The steering was just a little too responsive IMHO. While I was at the shop the owner introduced me to the new 2020 SuperSix Evo. After a 30 minute test ride I was hooked. The steering felt amazing, it fit well and rode well. I just wish Cannondale had half the awesome colorways Specialized has.

Wenne

by Wenne

Simon Clarke drives a "normal" size :thumbup:
D71886BE-E6A3-4079-BF6C-E027018BE098.jpeg

Rohel

by Rohel

roeman wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pm
Anyone got a way of getting hold of the direct mount rear mech hanger EF Education use on their team bikes? looks awesome
There is a chinesse company that made a similar one, but I don't know if them sells
https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?b ... 253Dsearch

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Rohel wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:00 pm
roeman wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:01 pm
There is a chinesse company that made a similar one, but I don't know if them sells
https://m.blog.naver.com/PostView.nhn?b ... 253Dsearch
Korean, not chinese... and his first batch sold out quickly. No idea if he plans to make more.

DaveS

by DaveS

Interesting that it weighs the same as my Colnago C-RS with Chorus 12, 11-34 cassette, Zonda wheels, SMP Stratos saddle, FSA K-force post, EC90 bars with pedals removed from both bikes. Cost 3200 USD to build.

Discodan

by Discodan

DaveS wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:22 am
Interesting that it weighs the same as my Colnago C-RS with Chorus 12, 11-34 cassette, Zonda wheels, SMP Stratos saddle, FSA K-force post, EC90 bars with pedals removed from both bikes. Cost 3200 USD to build.
Why interesting? Sound like an unnecessary jab to me. About the only thing those two bikes have in common is that they're carbon. It also weighs the same as my old 10 speed rim brake TCR but it doesn't make them comparable in the least (spoiler: the SS is immeasurably better to ride and measurably faster than the TCR)

DaveS

by DaveS

Not meant as a jab. Merely points out that you can spend a lot to make up for the added weight of discs. If I had paid msrp for the frame, it would have cost 700 USD more, but still under 4000.

If aero is the desire, a lot lower position will help.

tothemax

by tothemax

DaveS wrote:
Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:22 am
I know this forum is all about weight, but his bike has a ton more aero properties than yours, which likely makes it a much faster bike. It's not just weight of discs that add grams.

PUNlSHER

by PUNlSHER

hernejj wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:09 pm

It weights in at exactly 16.79 pounds (7.6 kg) and it is only missing bar tap and tire sealant. It has everything else including pedals, Wahoo Elemnt Bolt & mount, bottle cages, etc. Here is a parts list:
  • Cannondale 2020 SuperSix Evo Ballistec Frameset 54 cm
  • Cannondale HG27 KN0T Carbon Seatpost (K2601015)
  • Shimano Di2 Ultegra Groupset R8070
  • SRAM Red 50/34 BB30 Cranks (525g)
  • Mavic Cosmic Pro SL UST Disc Wheels (1535g)
  • Continental GP5000 TL (Tubeless) tires 700x25
  • Shimano RT900 Dura-Ace rotors
  • Shimano Ultegra CS-R8000 Cassette 11-32
  • Favero Assioma pedals (306g)
  • 3T Super Ergo 44cm Bars (207g)
  • 3T ARX II Team Stem
  • Ergon SR Pro (Ti) Saddle (218g)
So, 100% complete it will be right around 17 pounds. Not bad given the aero-benefits of the frame and wheels. Anyone looking to save some more weight could easily do so by using different pedals, lighter wheels or a lighter saddle. My goal with this build was low weight but without compromising things like aero, a power meter and saddle comfort.

IIRC, the stock wieght of this bike (105 build) was 21.00 pounds. Now it is 4 pounds lighter AND has power meter pedals, deep section wheels, electronic shifting, bottle cages, and a gps and mount.

A big thanks to everyone on this forum who helped me choose components! Specifically: Dan Gerous for answering so many of my technical and compatibility questions. Hexsense for making me consider the Favero Assioma's over 4iiii with Shimano cranks (hint: SRAM Red and Assiomas save weight!), Hexsense once again, for correcting my stupid mistake and preventing me from purchasing the WRONG crankset.
Length of the stem & weight pls? 🤔
S6 EVO3 - 6380g CAAD13 - 6626g TOPSTONE Al - 8195g

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com