Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

Just took delivery and built up (with a friendly hand) my new DA Hi Mod :) I'm currently without scales so forgive the lack of any weights, but it feels v similar to my 8kg SSEvo2 Ultegra.

The metallic paint is quite stunning in real life, I had my doubts before seeing it but am sold now.
Cannondale SSEvo3 'Agaaaaaaaavé' - 7.6kg
...Work in Progress viewtopic.php?f=10&t=161634

by Weenie

TomSte

by TomSte

romanmoser wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:48 pm
Asked directly on their instagram
Price with the supersix spacers and shipping to europe is 299 euros
Not information if it is prepaix tax delivery
I've got the following price infos from one of the sales managers:

F1 Bar Stem 420mm width * 110mm length US$299/pc
Spacer US$25/set
Fitting Garmin mount US$29.9/pc
4% Paypal handing fee US$14
----------------------------------------------------------------
Final total: US$367.9 freeshipping cost by local carrier, duty-prepaid service

So it's around 330 Euros including spacer and mount.

S6ED

by S6ED

TomSte wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:30 pm
romanmoser wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:48 pm
Asked directly on their instagram
Price with the supersix spacers and shipping to europe is 299 euros
Not information if it is prepaix tax delivery
I've got the following price infos from one of the sales managers:

F1 Bar Stem 420mm width * 110mm length US$299/pc
Spacer US$25/set
Fitting Garmin mount US$29.9/pc
4% Paypal handing fee US$14
----------------------------------------------------------------
Final total: US$367.9 freeshipping cost by local carrier, duty-prepaid service

So it's around 330 Euros including spacer and mount.
If ordering in an EU country, one should account for import tax (VAT of about 20%) plus handling fee (up to €100 or so).

TomSte

by TomSte

No, it's already included in the duty prepaid service. I'v already ordered several parts using this option and never had to pay anything on top.

Kortekeer

by Kortekeer

Cannondale are sending a new seat post and clamp. Should have it back next week so fingers crossed. Will inspect for any sharp edges. Certainly won't be torquing over 6Nm and potentially voiding my warranty.

Kortekeer

by Kortekeer

Jackofallgrades wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:36 am
Just took delivery and built up (with a friendly hand) my new DA Hi Mod :) I'm currently without scales so forgive the lack of any weights, but it feels v similar to my 8kg SSEvo2 Ultegra.

The metallic paint is quite stunning in real life, I had my doubts before seeing it but am sold now.
I do like this colour. They do look much better in the flesh, there is something about the paint schemes that just doesn't render very well on screen. Be interesting to know the weight though ...

Macallan

by Macallan

Kortekeer wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:32 pm
Cannondale are sending a new seat post and clamp. Should have it back next week so fingers crossed. Will inspect for any sharp edges. Certainly won't be torquing over 6Nm and potentially voiding my warranty.
Will your bike shop install the new clamp or will you do it yourself? I'd like to hear if the replacement was successful.

In the mean time my clamp nut has come loose again... :-( I saw that the bike shop had installed it with some tape which is different from the one which is on the nut from factory... or maybe on top of it. I think I will try to fix it myself now, it's a bit cumbersome to have to go to the bike shop each time for such a minor thing. Unfortunately they are not around the corner. On the other hand they are responsible for it.

It would be interesting to know from the other SSE3 owners: Is your clamp nut rock solid attached to the frame? (Clamp would have to be removed for checking.)

S6ED

by S6ED

TomSte wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:16 am
No, it's already included in the duty prepaid service. I'v already ordered several parts using this option and never had to pay anything on top.
:thumbup: good to hear!

S6ED

by S6ED

Jackofallgrades wrote:

Very nice! Is it a 51?

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Macallan wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:07 pm
It would be interesting to know from the other SSE3 owners: Is your clamp nut rock solid attached to the frame? (Clamp would have to be removed for checking.)
I used carbon paste on all sides of the seat tube and never had any problems. It was creaking once, but I found out that you need to grease the clamp mechanism itself (where the two pieces attach together) and put carbon paste in the clamping area and the creaking disappears.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

S6ED wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:55 pm
Jackofallgrades wrote:

Very nice! Is it a 51?
Yep :thumbup:
Will try and get some weights soon.

Schadenfreude

by Schadenfreude

Jackofallgrades wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:26 pm
Interesting - someone posted a pic of a 51 before and it didn't look that great due to the sloping top tube, but it looks much nicer in your pic!

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

Schadenfreude wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:50 am
Jackofallgrades wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:26 pm
Interesting - someone posted a pic of a 51 before and it didn't look that great due to the sloping top tube, but it looks much nicer in your pic!
From pics I've seen it is partly down to the differing seat tube/head tube angles, they don't flatter the bike from directly side on. That and most pics I've seen seem to have a lot of spacers! I do think some angles show it off better than others. I'll also be getting some better pics outside once it finally stops raining :roll:

hernejj

by hernejj

In case anyone is instested, I found two decently priced sources for the KNOT carbon seatpost.

https://www.cannondalespares.com/Cannon ... il/3-45337
https://www.7hundred.co.uk/57890/produc ... ffset.aspx

I belive this is the one that fits the 2020 SuperSix. I'll probably order one of these, if either company will ship it to the U.S. I don't see any reason why they would not.

Edit: I just ordered one from cannondalespares.com. If shipping outside the EU they remove VAT, so the price becomes even cheaper. My final total was around $120 USD.

Jackofallgrades

by Jackofallgrades

Just noticed that Cannondale's website have finally started posting some weights, not every model has it but most:

https://www.cannondale.com/en/Great%20B ... c368c5288d

My model listed as 8kg sounds right. Better late than never? :lol:

by Weenie