Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Bluechip wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:42 pm
I saw the Farsports bar/stem combo but I couldn't find the anle of the stem. Does that say 10°?
Yes if you use it on a 1.25" steerer or with the straight 1.125" shim, but there's an angled steerer shim similar to what Enve has on it's aero stem, so it can also be set to -7° or -13°.

Bluechip

by Bluechip

Thanks Dan. I may have to give that bar a try. I really like my Farsports rims (58x28). They have held up great for 2+ years.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

With the translation for the table.
Credit Alanyu who shared it on a previous post.
Clearly a very very good combo that check all the boxes missing on competitor.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Discodan

by Discodan

Very interesting, could be the one. It looks like a custom spacer underneath it to transition to the SS spacers, does anyone know if they are included or a one off for the pics?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

g32ecs

by g32ecs

Before anything else, the thread did imply to email the sales manager. You guys may be looking at a different bar/stem combo

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Discodan wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:07 pm
Very interesting, could be the one. It looks like a custom spacer underneath it to transition to the SS spacers, does anyone know if they are included or a one off for the pics?
I asked them, the SS specific transition spacer doesn't ship with the bars but can be ordered, contact windy@farsports.cn for more info... I still haven't seen anywhere to order the handlebar.

Bluechip

by Bluechip

I came across that handle bar while looking for Farsports rims but cant' find it anywhere now. I guess I'll have to respond to one of the emails I regularly get from "Sandy".

refthimos

by refthimos

Ordered mine from Farsports.

With the shorter reach on the EVO3, in a 56cm frame size I need a 120mm stem to get in the same position that a 110mm stem gets me on my EVO1 and SystemSix. So I ordered the 42 x 120 Farsports bar. Will post weight here when it arrives.
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

Macallan

by Macallan

S6ED wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:56 am
Kortekeer wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:19 am
Thanks.

Went for first ride this morning. After the post slippage riding it home from the shop I applied some carbon paste and torqued it up to 6nm with my torque wrench. Post was creaking like a bitch straight from the door. It slipped a good 5cm in the space of 5km. Adjusted it back up but was creaking and slipped again so fobbed it off and went home.

Saved some weight though as all that slipping has stripped some material from the post. Guess it’ll be off back to cannondale. I miss the seatpost binder on my old S6.
Hmm... not good... There's a number of owners of the new evo reporting similar issues.
Indeed. You can check if the clamp nut in the frame has rotated away from its intended position, as described as a possible fault in the manual. See a few pages back in this thread. Fixing the nut has 'almost' eliminated the problem for me. There were also a few other hints given by other forum members.

romanmoser

by romanmoser

Asked directly on their instagram
Price with the supersix spacers and shipping to europe is 299 euros
Not information if it is prepaix tax delivery

perrierperrier

by perrierperrier

Macallan wrote:
Wed Nov 27, 2019 6:00 pm
S6ED wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:56 am
Kortekeer wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:19 am
Thanks.

Went for first ride this morning. After the post slippage riding it home from the shop I applied some carbon paste and torqued it up to 6nm with my torque wrench. Post was creaking like a bitch straight from the door. It slipped a good 5cm in the space of 5km. Adjusted it back up but was creaking and slipped again so fobbed it off and went home.

Saved some weight though as all that slipping has stripped some material from the post. Guess it’ll be off back to cannondale. I miss the seatpost binder on my old S6.
Hmm... not good... There's a number of owners of the new evo reporting similar issues.
Indeed. You can check if the clamp nut in the frame has rotated away from its intended position, as described as a possible fault in the manual. See a few pages back in this thread. Fixing the nut has 'almost' eliminated the problem for me. There were also a few other hints given by other forum members.
I just torqued over 6nm and mine has never slipped since, never creaked, and no damage done to the seatpost. It's a small surface area clamp face.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

One user said the wedge that presses against the seatpost on his had very sharp edges that contacted the post and didn't allow the the rest of the surface to press evenly against the post, resulting in creak, slippage and seatpost damage... might inspect if that's the case Kortekeer.

For others, it might be a good idea to inspect that when you get the bike, I always do the same with stem's steerer or bar clamp edges, inspect the wedge and smooth out the edges if they're too sharp... Hopefully it's a first production batch issue that Cannondale should correct, or already have corrected by now.

Macallan

by Macallan

perrierperrier wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:25 pm
I just torqued over 6nm and mine has never slipped since, never creaked, and no damage done to the seatpost. It's a small surface area clamp face.
And an even smaller area where the nut washer sits in the frame. One guy in a local bike shop told me that some dumb mechanics destroyed a few frames by overtightening the seat clamp at the SSE3 official dealer event in Freiburg. Apparently they also had some slippage issue there.

But, yeah...

Tomice69

by Tomice69

Anyone tried the vision acr Carbon stem with a acr compatible handlebar as an alternative for the Knot cockpit?
https://shop.visiontechusa.com/de/stems ... carbon-acr

Like this one:
https://gravelcyclist.com/videos/tech-f ... oad-bikes/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Tomice69 wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:04 pm
Anyone tried the vision acr Carbon stem with a acr compatible handlebar as an alternative for the Knot cockpit?
https://shop.visiontechusa.com/de/stems ... carbon-acr

Like this one:
https://gravelcyclist.com/videos/tech-f ... oad-bikes/
Probably not much lighter than the KNOT cockpit but definitely way uglier... Plus, ACR routes the cables inside the headset upper bearing, it may not be as smooth to bend them back forward to line up with the Evo's channel.