Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
Discodan

by Discodan

Here’s your boy

https://www.instagram.com/kimchi.mechanic/

And he has a direct mount hanger for them as well, we need to work out how to order from this guy. Anyone got a work trip to Korea coming up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

by Weenie

jamesberger

by jamesberger

Discodan wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:48 am
Here’s your boy

https://www.instagram.com/kimchi.mechanic/

And he has a direct mount hanger for them as well, we need to work out how to order from this guy. Anyone got a work trip to Korea coming up?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I found his store on FaceBook but the cable stop and direct hanger are both currently sold out. I have sent him a PM and I will keep you updated as I find something out.

Macallan

by Macallan

Macallan wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:11 pm
Thanks for your comments, Dan. I had the same thoughts as you, probably not properly installed from factory since the surfaces have to be VERY clean for the tape to hold permanently. But probably an easy fix. Will contact the dealer, he might have to order a spare tape and/or nut from Cannondale.

Had done a lot of greasing / carbon paste as per instructions, but the creaking remained so I think it must be the loose nut. Will report back after it is fixed.
Bike shop installed a new nut & clamp -- creaking 95% gone, I think the remainig 5% can be resolved with carbon paste & playing with torque.

XOGLA

by XOGLA

The best way to stop the creaking is to dermal the edges off of the corner of the clamps base plate. It's been completely silent since doing this. The creaking comes from the sharp edges not allowing the clamp to sit flat against the carbon. The sound also comes from the clamp cutting into the carbon.

XOGLA

by XOGLA

Anyone else have a link for a Direct-Mount hanger

Macallan

by Macallan

XOGLA wrote:
Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:25 pm
The best way to stop the creaking is to dermal the edges off of the corner of the clamps base plate. It's been completely silent since doing this. The creaking comes from the sharp edges not allowing the clamp to sit flat against the carbon. The sound also comes from the clamp cutting into the carbon.
Thanks for the hint, I think you are right- in fact I had already noticed that the clamp plate edges leave distinct marks on the seat post. I will carefully take off some material off the edges.

DaiD

by DaiD

I had the same problem when I first had the bike. Seriously loud cracking/creaking noises. Cleaned and re-pasted the clamp thing, tried slightly over and under-torquing the bolt, no joy. Then sprayed WD 40 on the screw and silence?!? Been silent ever since. Bizarre :noidea:

hernejj

by hernejj

DaiD wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:29 pm
I had the same problem when I first had the bike. Seriously loud cracking/creaking noises. Cleaned and re-pasted the clamp thing, tried slightly over and under-torquing the bolt, no joy. Then sprayed WD 40 on the screw and silence?!? Been silent ever since. Bizarre :noidea:
I'm confused, which bike has this seat-post clamp creaking issue? Is this the older 2019 SuperSix Evo? Or are we talking about the new 2020?

DaiD

by DaiD

hernejj wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:35 pm
DaiD wrote:
I'm confused, which bike has this seat-post clamp creaking issue? Is this the older 2019 SuperSix Evo? Or are we talking about the new 2020?
For me it's the new 2020 version.

flashpunk

by flashpunk

DaiD wrote:
hernejj wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:35 pm
DaiD wrote:
For me it's the new 2020 version.
I picked up my 2020 Cannondale Supersix Evo force etap this weekend and was told by the mechanic that "if the seat post begins to creak or make noise, Cannondale sells a very specific grease to be used on the clamp"

Wenne

by Wenne

DaiD wrote:
Remove the tape and apply grease and the noise is gone
Attachments
2C6C33A0-27D5-4268-A942-E596009C2F79.jpeg

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Wenne wrote:
Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:11 pm
Remove the tape and apply grease and the noise is gone
Grease instead of the tape? :?:

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Does anybody know if the KNOT27 seatpost comes in different length? I know the standard length is 330mm, but a lot of other posts come in 380mm length. The 330mm fits, but I m literally at the limit. So wouldn’t mind having some extra to play with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
IF Crown Jewel TI
IF Crown Jewel Steel
Open New UP
Stinner Ti
Speedvagen
Parlee Z-Zero Disc
Cielo Road Racer
Cervelo P5d
English Cycles 10th Anniv Edition
Cannondale SS Evo Disc

RTW
in the industry

by RTW

I have asked my friend at Cannondale.

by Weenie

thraex05

by thraex05

Carbon seatpost is 330mm, alloy is longer with 380mm.
Carbon seatpost has an official minimum insertion of 65mm, alloy 100mm.