Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
S6ED

by S6ED

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:17 pm
S6ED wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:00 pm
If the rider wants precise brake modulation, then disc brakes is the system of choice. With current componentry, one can relatively easily biult a 6.8 kg db bike.
I only posted a EF pro bike because that's the only pictures of the new Evo with rim brakes I could find, we all know pros who stick with rim brakes don't do it for the weight as apart from Ineos guys, they can get close to 6.8kg with either brakes... but the 6.8kg doesn't apply to us so there's an argument that the added weight/cost/maintenance of discs for amateurs 'weighs' more than the better braking, not saying I agree or disagree, everyone has their own opinion, but disc brake bikes can't touch the low weight you can with rim brakes and the entry price to get a light disc brake bike is very high... but for those who think rim brakes are better and brake more than well enough, they can still get worse with poor cable routing, which is the point Calnago brought, it's setting the limit about what quality of braking you're willing to get by.

I guess we don't need to argue on that in a millionth thread. :mrgreen:
Indeed, I totally agree with your analysis. Nothing to argue about.

Given your knowledge of all things Cannondale, I'd like to ask though, whether I should have hope that some other colourscheme of the hi-mod frameset, apart from the psychedelic "Team" and the posh "Champagne" ones, will be released at some point.

by Weenie

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

S6ED wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 pm
Given your knowledge of all things Cannondale, I'd like to ask though, whether I should have hope that some other colourscheme of the hi-mod frameset, apart from the psychedelic "Team" and the posh "Champagne" ones, will be released at some point.
I don't have insider info on that so, as far as I know, that's it for now, I would be surprised if more color schemes arrived before the next model year.

S6ED

by S6ED

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:24 pm
S6ED wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 7:15 pm
I don't have insider info on that so, as far as I know, that's it for now, I would be surprised if more color schemes arrived before the next model year.
I'm afraid you're right, same happened with the SystemSix :?

bibirider8

by bibirider8

novalrasidi wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:39 am
Finally after a long wait
Here's mine
Parts that I already swap from factory :
- tune speedneedle saddle
- blackinc Integrated dropbar

Ride quality is so good, but mine still weighing 8.12kg, so has a lot to upgrade in the future...
If you want more clean, you can put mechanicals câbles inside the frame as the picture.
It's working, just headset who's more dificult to turn but not problem when you're riding
Attachments
FB_IMG_1569705358793.jpg
FB_IMG_1569705363243.jpg

novalrasidi

by novalrasidi

If you want more clean, you can put mechanicals câbles inside the frame as the picture.
It's working, just headset who's more dificult to turn but not problem when you're riding
[/quote]

Thanks for the info 👍

furiousferret

by furiousferret

Still waiting on mine, 110 Knot stem is on backorder, been a few weeks.

I don't really need it until January, but it sure sucks seeing it hanging at the shop half built!

TomSte

by TomSte

bibirider8 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:25 pm
How does this actually work without any tool for the outer cable liners ending at the top of the down tube like provided by the Korean Fingertool presented a few pages before?
Unfortunately they don't answer requests whether they could send to Europe, otherwise I would order one piece of their tool for complete internal cable routing for mechanical groups.
Would be intersting to know if there is another option.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

TomSte wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:32 pm
bibirider8 wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:25 pm
How does this actually work without any tool for the outer cable liners ending at the top of the down tube like provided by the Korean Fingertool presented a few pages before?
Unfortunately they don't answer requests whether they could send to Europe, otherwise I would order one piece of their tool for complete internal cable routing for mechanical groups.
I've seen a local shop setting a SystemSix with Dura-Ace mechanical that way but, not sure how they did it. Full length housing maybe? Never ideal, adds weight and friction...

bibirider8

by bibirider8

TomSte wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:32 pm

In the photo I sent, there is full lenght housing
Nobody here can do that with 3D printing?!

TomSte

by TomSte

As far as I have the right measurements for the switchplate, I start with the cad and 3d printing.

If anyone could give me the detailed measurements of the switchplate, I could start constructing right away.

I need the lenghts of the outer lines of the plate, the thickness, the distance between the screw holes, and the diagonal distance from the midst of the screw holes to the edge of the switchplate in order to design the right bow of the edges of the plate.

g32ecs

by g32ecs

novalrasidi wrote:
Here's mine

Ride quality is so good, but mine still weighing 8.12kg, so has a lot to upgrade in the future...
2yrs ago Id be all over this.

Anyway, what's exactly porky on it? What size?

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

g32ecs wrote:
novalrasidi wrote:
Here's mine

2yrs ago Id be all over this.

Anyway, what's exactly porky on it? What size?

Probably Crankset & Wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
IF Crown Jewel TI
IF Crown Jewel Steel
Open New UP
Stinner Ti
Speedvagen
Parlee Z-Zero Disc
Cielo Road Racer
Cervelo P5d
English Cycles 10th Anniv Edition
Cannondale SS Evo Disc

furiousferret

by furiousferret

They're finishing it up at the shop, should be ready tomorrow. So far without pedals its coming in at 7.4 kg; marginally lighter than I expected and probably will end slightly heavier than my old Evo. Other than the Knot stem and bars, there's not much else I can drop on it.

bustah

by bustah

my custom SSE3 Team Replica custom build, SRAM Red eTap, DT Swiss ERC 1100 dicut, weight 7.1kg (size58). I must say this frame is way better then SSE2 - aerodynamics, stiffnes, comfort, control..
Attachments
20190930_175647.jpg

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

That is good weight....does that include everything you see on the picture?

If so, then one can get it under 7kg quite easily. My aim is 6.8kg for mine.

bustah wrote:my custom SSE3 Team Replica custom build, SRAM Red eTap, DT Swiss ERC 1100 dicut, weight 7.1kg (size58). I must say this frame is way better then SSE2 - aerodynamics, stiffnes, comfort, control..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
--
IF Crown Jewel TI
IF Crown Jewel Steel
Open New UP
Stinner Ti
Speedvagen
Parlee Z-Zero Disc
Cielo Road Racer
Cervelo P5d
English Cycles 10th Anniv Edition
Cannondale SS Evo Disc