Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Complete bike purchased and only kept the frameset.

quote="bruno2000"]
alexneumuller wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:22 pm
Yes it’s Himod. Still looks bad either way. Weight you can see is not accurate due to the rest of packaging of course. Will weigh it once it’s back from the painters. :)

reedplayer wrote:Hello,
is it a himod-frameset?
Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where did you buy this frame in this color in hi-mod version?[/quote]

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

nooski

by nooski

Aftermarket frameset will be available, code C11280U10 https://www.pedrosbikeshop.ch/cannondal ... cannondale
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bibirider8

by bibirider8

Maxime Marotte bike's
Attachments
FB_IMG_1569616113304.jpg

novalrasidi

by novalrasidi

Finally after a long wait
Here's mine
Parts that I already swap from factory :
- tune speedneedle saddle
- blackinc Integrated dropbar

Ride quality is so good, but mine still weighing 8.12kg, so has a lot to upgrade in the future...
Attachments
Supersix evo (non himod) ultegra mechanical version
Supersix evo (non himod) ultegra mechanical version

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Rim brake version of this will be very awkward with those seatstays, assuming they even do a rim brake version.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

alexneumuller

by alexneumuller

Looks so much better already with just the handlebar swap.

quote="novalrasidi"]Finally after a long wait
Here's mine

Ride quality is so good, but mine still weighing 8.12kg, so has a lot to upgrade in the future...[/quote]

3T Exploro - Bastion - Baum - Colnago - Cielo - English Cycles - Enve - Festka - ISEN - Standert - Open - Pegoretti - Pinarello - Specialized - Sturdy - Stinner - Spoon - Speedvagen - Vanilla Classic - Parlee

Strava
Instagram

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Calnago wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:50 am
Rim brake version of this will be very awkward with those seatstays, assuming they even do a rim brake version.
They do make a rim brake version... Cable routing is not as elegant or as slick as the old Evo but not that bad, not any worse than a Tarmac or Aeroad or the millions of other drop stays bikes, but it works fine, braking not really affected... The taller the bike the worst cable routing looks though.

S6ED

by S6ED

novalrasidi wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:39 am
Finally after a long wait
Here's mine

Ride quality is so good, but mine still weighing 8.12kg, so has a lot to upgrade in the future...
Very nice! Enjoy!

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Dan Gerous wrote:
Calnago wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 11:50 am
They do make a rim brake version... Cable routing is not as elegant or as slick as the old Evo but not that bad, not any worse than a Tarmac or Aeroad or the millions of other drop stays bikes, but it works fine, braking not really affected... The taller the bike the worst cable routing looks though.

I’d like to see that from the other side. Looks to me like, aside from a quick kink as it exits the top tube, it has to take a pretty close to 90 degree bend before bending again the other way to enter the caliper stop. The smoothness of that brake cable cannot not be compromised with bends like that, which in turn, compromises modulation.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Calnago wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:39 pm
I’d like to see that from the other side. Looks to me like, aside from a quick kink as it exits the top tube, it has to take a pretty close to 90 degree bend before bending again the other way to enter the caliper stop. The smoothness of that brake cable cannot not be compromised with bends like that, which in turn, compromises modulation.
Probably not the best rear brake feel... but I've seen a lot worse. Given Cannondale, like most companies now, were not going to even make a rim brake version at all, only 'adapting' the disc-specific design because the EF team wanted some and they have to sell them according to UCI rules, it's not that surprising. Anyway, that's been discussed ad nauseam earlier in the thread.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Agreed

S6ED

by S6ED

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:15 pm
Calnago wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 1:39 pm
Probably not the best rear brake feel... but I've seen a lot worse. Given Cannondale, like most companies now, were not going to even make a rim brake version at all, only 'adapting' the disc-specific design because the EF team wanted some and they have to sell them according to UCI rules, it's not that surprising. Anyway, that's been discussed ad nauseam earlier in the thread.

If the rider wants precise brake modulation, then disc brakes is the system of choice. With current componentry, one can relatively easily biult a 6.8 kg db bike.

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

S6ED wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:00 pm
If the rider wants precise brake modulation, then disc brakes is the system of choice. With current componentry, one can relatively easily biult a 6.8 kg db bike.
I only posted a EF pro bike because that's the only pictures of the new Evo with rim brakes I could find, we all know pros who stick with rim brakes don't do it for the weight as apart from Ineos guys, they can get close to 6.8kg with either brakes... but the 6.8kg doesn't apply to us so there's an argument that the added weight/cost/maintenance of discs for amateurs 'weighs' more than the better braking, not saying I agree or disagree, everyone has their own opinion, but disc brake bikes can't touch the low weight you can with rim brakes and the entry price to get a light disc brake bike is very high... but for those who think rim brakes are better and brake more than well enough, they can still get worse with poor cable routing, which is the point Calnago brought, it's setting the limit about what quality of braking you're willing to get by.

I guess we don't need to argue on that in a millionth thread. :mrgreen:

Enda Marron

by Enda Marron

Is there a rim brake hi mod frameset available

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Dan Gerous

by Dan Gerous

Enda Marron wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:56 pm