Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Pinguin

by Pinguin

furiousferret wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:10 pm
I've been conflicted for weeks about 105 Disc vs. Rim. I have a new eTap 22 group on my current EVO which I want to move over, but that means if go disc I have to get new brakes and shifters. Adding to that I have to get a nice wheelset (which can wait til next race season). So that means a disc build will be about $3000 than rim.

It would be nice to get those disc wheels for BWR (which would go on my CX bike) and I do feel like rim brakes will be gone in 3 years. Either I'm going to bite the bullet today or in the future and whatever I wheelsets I buy for this bike I won't be able to carry over.

The only time I ever hit the podium in races is in Hillclimbs or races with Cat 2 climbs or more, so that's important to me. While its not so important I'm willing to spend thousands for a few extra grams, I do want to keep the build under 7.5 kilos. It seems like that's doable.

We're a Giant, Cannondale, Scott, and BMC Shop (where I get nice discounts) so I may hold out for the new Addict but ultimately I believe that's disc brake only.
You can buy the Ultimate Addict Frameset and use your Red 22 mech
Only buy Hrd Shifters and you get a very light bike under 7 kg

novalrasidi

by novalrasidi

Hello, I have ordered this bike, please help me choose the best size between 48 and 51, my height is 170cm, height from bb to saddle is 69.7cm, I order size 51 but can still be changed to size 48, thanks a lot guys 🙏

Btw I order the goldfinger ultegra disc version, hope the colour is good, I only see the colour through web, the bike is not yet available to be seen directly here.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Stendhal

by Stendhal

At a LBS today, a customer came in to try the prior model (2018) Supersix -- the store is selling at a 40% discount, $2400 as I recall for Ui2!
Cannondale Supersixevo 4 (7.05 kg)
Retired: Chapter2, Tarmac SWorks SL6, Orbea, Dogma F8\F10, LOW, Wilier, Ridley Noah, Cervelo R3\R5\S2\Aspero, Time Fluidity, Lapierre Pulsium, Cyfac, Felt, Klein, Cannondale pre-CAAD aluminum

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Stendhal wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:00 am
At a LBS today, a customer came in to try the prior model (2018) Supersix -- the store is selling at a 40% discount, $2400 as I recall for Ui2!
Yeah, no one should be buying a two year old bike with rim brakes and probably alloy rims for 4000$ anyway.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

SashaJoseph wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:16 am
2) some reviewers complain about the cable integration limiting the angle at which the bars can be turned
Is that the same for the people here not using the integrated fugly-bar?

What happens in the event of a crash then? Cables snapping? Something worse?

Lieblingsleguan

by Lieblingsleguan

Double post...

nemeseri

by nemeseri

novalrasidi wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:09 am
Hello, I have ordered this bike, please help me choose the best size between 48 and 51, my height is 170cm, height from bb to saddle is 69.7cm, I order size 51 but can still be changed to size 48, thanks a lot guys 🙏

Btw I order the goldfinger ultegra disc version, hope the colour is good, I only see the colour through web, the bike is not yet available to be seen directly here.
You will be fine on both of them, it's more like a question of flexibility and personal preference. In general, you can just check out the reach and stack of your current bike and the new supersix and compare the two frames by yourself.

Based on you saddle height I'd say that probably the 51cm would be a better fit (especially with the stock stem), unless you like to get real low. I'm 169cm and my saddle height is 68cm. I own a second generation supersix in 48 and I'm super happy with it. I'd also get the 48cm from the new one, but I enjoy riding bikes with longer stems and to have some wiggle room with handle bar reach.

furiousferret

by furiousferret

So it looks like I'm going with a 105 disc. I was able to get a good deal on eTap HRD and Red brakes, so now its just swapping out the cockpit and get a new wheelset (which can wait until next year when race season starts.

I'm also tempted to to keep the 105 parts and buy an Allez Sprint....not sure the wife would go for that though.
novalrasidi wrote:

I'm about 1cm taller and going with the 48. The geometry is so different its really hard but I have a 50 Super6 Gen 2 now and the Stack and Reach is similar. I'm not sure if it still applies, but the rule has always been, 'if you're not sure, go smaller' in regard to bikes.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

novalrasidi wrote:

I'm 169cm tall (68.9cm seat height), and there is no way i'll go for 51.
The 48 is almost too tall on the headtube already. From my calculation, i'll need -17 degree stem (ideally 115mm long, but likely round down to 110mm) and up to 7mm of head set cap+ spacer underneath. Most short headset-cap are around 6mm tall, So just a single 1mm spacer in between short headset cap and the stem. With size 51 being 15mm taller on the head tube. I can not setup my ideal position on size 51 even without headset cap.

novalrasidi

by novalrasidi

nemeseri wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:55 pm
novalrasidi wrote:

You will be fine on both of them, it's more like a question of flexibility and personal preference. In general, you can just check out the reach and stack of your current bike and the new supersix and compare the two frames by yourself.

Based on you saddle height I'd say that probably the 51cm would be a better fit (especially with the stock stem), unless you like to get real low. I'm 169cm and my saddle height is 68cm. I own a second generation supersix in 48 and I'm super happy with it. I'd also get the 48cm from the new one, but I enjoy riding bikes with longer stems and to have some wiggle room with handle bar reach.
I don't plan to use stock stem and I like to get real low, my previous bike headtube lenght is 12cm, and new supersix evo 51 is 13cm, its already 1cm taller (same setup slam stem), I think I'm going down to size 48 (11.4cm headtube lenght), thanks for the answer 🙏🙏🙏

novalrasidi

by novalrasidi

[quote=furiousferret post_id=1512625 time=1566161135 user_
novalrasidi wrote:

I'm about 1cm taller and going with the 48. The geometry is so different its really hard but I have a 50 Super6 Gen 2 now and the Stack and Reach is similar. I'm not sure if it still applies, but the rule has always been, 'if you're not sure, go smaller' in regard to bikes.
[/quote]

Allright, thank you I am making changes to the order 51 to 48 size

novalrasidi

by novalrasidi

Hexsense wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:13 am
novalrasidi wrote:

I'm 169cm tall (68.9cm seat height), and there is no way i'll go for 51.
The 48 is almost too tall on the headtube already. From my calculation, i'll need -17 degree stem (ideally 115mm long, but likely round down to 110mm) and up to 7mm of head set cap+ spacer underneath. Most short headset-cap are around 6mm tall, So just a single 1mm spacer in between short headset cap and the stem. With size 51 being 15mm taller on the head tube. I can not setup my ideal position on size 51 even without headset cap.
thanks for the info, I'm pretty sure now going down to 48

666pounder

by 666pounder

Was watching Tour of Utah yesterday and it's interesting that Joe Dobrowski was riding his old Supersix.

furiousferret

by furiousferret

I've been looking into cockpit options for a 105 disc and I really want to have the cables hidden. I know 2 options are the Metron and Knot, but the Metron isn't as 'clean' and then Knot is heavy.
666pounder wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:08 pm
Was watching Tour of Utah yesterday and it's interesting that Joe Dobrowski was riding his old Supersix.
Dombrowski is a pure climber both mentally and physically. He's going to take the lightest bike going in, and the new gen isn't as light. I don't think its necessarily a knock on the new bike.

Rant: I find it depressing af we can't find an American cyclist good enough to win our home races. The Pro Tour races outside of Western Europe typically have someone from the home nation good enough to win (see Tour Down Under, Tour of Norway). USA Cycling is a mess.

refthimos

by refthimos

furiousferret wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:18 pm
I've been looking into cockpit options for a 105 disc and I really want to have the cables hidden. I know 2 options are the Metron and Knot, but the Metron isn't as 'clean' and then Knot is heavy.
My EVO3 Disc is on its way and I plan on replacing the Knot cockpit as well. Other options for a bar/stem that route cables internally to the front of the head tube are the Wilier Alabarda and the upcoming Syncros Creston iC SL (featured on the Addict RC Ultimate). Assuming the Creston features a 1 1/8" clamp diameter, that's the leading contender for my bike. I couldn't get that info out of Syncros - they said they couldn't provide until November.

Another option would be something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carbon-T800-In ... x0owyaWGjQ
EVO1 | 5.37kg
EVO3 (sold) | 6.51kg
EVO4 | build thread coming soon
S5 Disc
SystemSix (sold) | 8.01kg
P5 Disc | heavy but fast

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com