Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

floriansantana

by floriansantana

Robert wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:45 pm
Computer mount is an easy to fix matter
[/quote]

That Garmin mount looks nice. Can you post a link to the .stl 3d print file, or thingiverse.com?
[/quote]

Raceware also sells a lot of different versions.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

sorry for a slightly off topic question.

Any one know the painted gen 2 (2019) supersix frame/fork weights? for both hi-mod and non-HM.

I'm trying to see how hard is it to build a 6kg commuter without using very exotic parts. :thumbup:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bibirider8

by bibirider8

WorkonSunday wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:21 am
sorry for a slightly off topic question.

Any one know the painted gen 2 (2019) supersix frame/fork weights? for both hi-mod and non-HM.

I'm trying to see how hard is it to build a 6kg commuter without using very exotic parts. :thumbup:
Approximate 120g

Kortekeer

by Kortekeer

I received a new seatpost and clamp from Cannondale, however they creaked immediately when just sitting on it in the bike shop. The mechanic installed it whilst on phone to Cannondale and no good. Now whole bike is on way back to them so hopefully good news shortly as need to get the legs spinning to start shifting the xmas fat.

In the mean time have recieved a knot stem and save bars - I like the integrated look. 508grms (missing 2 bolts). Hefty but not the 600grms reported. 556grms with raceware garmin mount. (40cm bars, 100cm stem)

My plan was to get Di2 immediately but spent on a turbo trainer instead to help through winter.
Attachments
23CDF70E-18F3-4C8F-9A62-2151E7FD92F6.jpeg
A7A99200-F430-463A-B7CD-A64DBDD6F91C.jpeg

S6ED

by S6ED

Kortekeer wrote:
Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:48 pm
I received a new seatpost and clamp from Cannondale, however they creaked immediately when just sitting on it in the bike shop. The mechanic installed it whilst on phone to Cannondale and no good. Now whole bike is on way back to them so hopefully good news shortly as need to get the legs spinning to start shifting the xmas fat.

In the mean time have recieved a knot stem and save bars - I like the integrated look. 508grms (missing 2 bolts). Hefty but not the 600grms reported. 556grms with raceware garmin mount. (40cm bars, 100cm stem)

My plan was to get Di2 immediately but spent on a turbo trainer instead to help through winter.
I suppose you could save some grams by replacing all steel bolts with titanium ones.

hernejj

by hernejj

I picked up a 2020 SuperSix (105 disc) from the bike shop today. I immiedately disassembled it for a complete re-build (di2, mavic wheels, SRAM Red BB30 cranks, 3T stem/bars). One problem I'm having at the moment though is that I cannot seem to get all the wobble out of the fork/headset. Does anyone know what mechanism provides headset tension? The top cap seems to be for looks only as it does not appear to rovide any tension at all.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

hernejj wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:57 am
I picked up a 2020 SuperSix (105 disc) from the bike shop today. I immiedately disassembled it for a complete re-build (di2, mavic wheels, SRAM Red BB30 cranks, 3T stem/bars). One problem I'm having at the moment though is that I cannot seem to get all the wobble out of the fork/headset. Does anyone know what mechanism provides headset tension? The top cap seems to be for looks only as it does not appear to rovide any tension at all.

Are you sure your topcap isn't hitting the top of the steerer/expander plug?

hernejj

by hernejj

TobinHatesYou wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:32 am
hernejj wrote:

Now that I've thought about it more, I suspect the top cap really does provide headset preload., just like most top caps. I just need to loosen my stem (and Knot spacer set screw) and try tightening the top cap first.

Bluechip

by Bluechip

No it's a normal expander plug for carbon steerers. Maybe you just need to push the plug further down the steerer.

floriansantana

by floriansantana

hernejj wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:53 am
TobinHatesYou wrote:
hernejj wrote:

Now that I've thought about it more, I suspect the top cap really does provide headset preload., just like most top caps. I just need to loosen my stem (and Knot spacer set screw) and try tightening the top cap first.
Of course you need to loosen the stem bolts to tighten the headset tension. If it still does not work, you may have to put a spacer on top of the stem if the fork is too long. Or the expander needs to go deeper into the fork.
Cannondale SuperSix Evo Disc
Cannondale SystemSix HiMod Disc
@floriansantana

S6ED

by S6ED

hernejj wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
hernejj wrote:

The relevant page from an old owner's manual:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-12-29 at 14.27.57.png

hernejj

by hernejj

floriansantana wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:36 am
hernejj wrote:
TobinHatesYou wrote:
hernejj wrote:

Of course you need to loosen the stem bolts to tighten the headset tension. If it still does not work, you may have to put a spacer on top of the stem if the fork is too long. Or the expander needs to go deeper into the fork.
Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Turns out this thing works like every other normal setup :) Just loosen everything and tighten the top cap first. I originally misunderstood how the tri-expander thingy worked.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to get my di2 cable routed internally through the front of the steerer tube. There seems to be a choke point where the di-2 ends won't quite fit.

flashpunk

by flashpunk

Has anyone received their farsports bar/stem combo? Wondering if anyone has got them installed and could post soome photos.

hernejj

by hernejj

hernejj wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 2:38 pm
Now I'm trying to figure out how to get my di2 cable routed internally through the front of the steerer tube. There seems to be a choke point where the di-2 ends won't quite fit.
I figured this one out. Like most internally routed cables, things go easier if you first run a rigid wire/cable of some sort through the internal wire path and then tape your real cable to it. Then you can fish your cable through by pulling it along with the "fishing" cable. I was taping my fishing cable directly to the di2 wire head. This made it too thick to fit through the tiny gap at the head tube. The solution was to tape just underneath the di2 cable head. This allowed the di2 cable head to move around a bit more and find the correct position necessary to fit through the tiny channel. Hope this helps someone else.

Now... onto the NEXT challenge... Fishing the rear derailer di2 cable through the internal routing channel in the chainstay. There is some chokepoint in there seemingly about 2-3 inches from the bottom bracket. I can fit a tiny wire through but NOT a di-2 cable head. Has anyone succesfully done this?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hernejj

by hernejj

hernejj wrote:
Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:40 pm
Now... onto the NEXT challenge... Fishing the rear derailer di2 cable through the internal routing channel in the chainstay. There is some chokepoint in there seemingly about 2-3 inches from the bottom bracket. I can fit a tiny wire through but NOT a di-2 cable head. Has anyone succesfully done this?

So apparently posting here is the secret to solving all my own problems :) I managed to stuff a tiny boroscope up into the bottom bracket area. This allowed me to see exactly what was happening. Turns out there is enough room for the di2 cable here. You just need to rotate the cable and keep pushing until it lines up with the hole it needs to pass through. I actually used a piece of hydraulic brake housing to fish the di2 wire throug here, with the help of my boroscope. Here is a picture of the chokepoint.