Are We Getting A New Cannondale Supersix?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

icyhotchaz

by icyhotchaz

lucianoz wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 10:55 pm
Hi guys, does anyone knows the https://framesandgear.com/ garmin mounts? Are they realiable?
I need to replace the garmin mount for my wife's supersix (raceware garmin mount that my mechanic broke today), but i dont find the original one in stock (above the knot systembar bar/stem).
The garmin mount from them that I refer is this one https://framesandgear.com/systemsix-knot-garmin-mount
It look like pretty much a good mount, despite the overprice.
Any thoughts?
I have a knot system (top mount) for a garmin thats of no use to me as a wahoo user. Shoot me a PM if interested!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

CarlosFerreiro

by CarlosFerreiro

Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 am
By the way, a few Cannondale sponsored athletes looked to be on the yet to be announced but long known about SuperSix Evo SE (or SuperSix Evo X or whatever the name is) at Unbound Gravel... pictures should pop from that soon.
Good spot :thumbup: Happy to see more pictures as folk find them :D

nunokas

by nunokas

CarlosFerreiro wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:58 pm
Dan Gerous wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 12:10 am
By the way, a few Cannondale sponsored athletes looked to be on the yet to be announced but long known about SuperSix Evo SE (or SuperSix Evo X or whatever the name is) at Unbound Gravel... pictures should pop from that soon.
Good spot :thumbup: Happy to see more pictures as folk find them :D
Saw a picture of Ted King with the new superX on a gravel Race.

By the way, my blue one :mrgreen:

card0s

by card0s

Does anyone know if it is possible to buy just the cap seen in the picture?
For 2021 there are two caps, which allow the cranks to be removed without the special tool and I managed to damage one of the caps while trying to remove the crank arm. The instructions on the manual are not updated with this new design 😐

caballero

by caballero

Yes. They are available to buy separately.

Not sure how easy they are to come by now though.

card0s

by card0s

caballero wrote:
Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:20 am
Yes. They are available to buy separately.

Not sure how easy they are to come by now though.
And would you know where they could be purchased or their reference number?
I searched everywhere online and didn't find a single reference to it.

nooski

by nooski

Part number K22101 however only as a pair. Appears to be in stock in EU warehouse.
Dum spiro spero
my bike: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=130302

card0s

by card0s

Thank you @nooski

Beancouter

by Beancouter

Apologies if this has already been posted, but just spotted some new colour ways on the cannondale website. I have the mantis finish on my synapse and love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

So, I'm a bit frustrated. No matter what I do (within reason), my non-HM SS EVO Force is still a pig. Yes, Force is heavy, I know, but not THAT heavy. I easily got a Canyon ultimate SLX with Force down to 7.4 kg.

With the Quarq PM, an upgraded 140g saddle, no pedals, cages, or mounts, and with Zipp 303FC (the new ones), and 30mm Schwalbe Pro Ones, I'm sitting at bang-on 8kg (size 58). That would be fine if it were an all-out aero bike, but it's supposed to a all-rounder/climbing bike! I could save 100g total by putting the 10-33 cassette back on (10-36 on now) and by moving to 28mm tires. Beyond that, though, it's going to cost a fortune. $300 for a new cockpit, $300 for a new cassette, and $350 for some new crank arms probably gets me half-a-kg. Looking at 7.45kg.

That's very aggravating. Feels like I should've just picked up a TCR or an Emonda. Especially considering the issues I've have with shifting and with my headset.

Having put a significant amount of money in at this point (at least $1500 after selling the factory wheels) to be at 8kg is kind of a joke' especially with 1350g wheels.

Hexsense

by Hexsense

LedZeppelin007 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:20 am
So, I'm a bit frustrated. No matter what I do (within reason), my non-HM SS EVO Force is still a pig. Yes, Force is heavy, I know, but not THAT heavy. I easily got a Canyon ultimate SLX with Force down to 7.4 kg.

With the Quarq PM, an upgraded 140g saddle, no pedals, cages, or mounts, and with Zipp 303FC (the new ones), and 30mm Schwalbe Pro Ones, I'm sitting at bang-on 8kg (size 58). That would be fine if it were an all-out aero bike, but it's supposed to a all-rounder/climbing bike! I could save 100g total by putting the 10-33 cassette back on (10-36 on now) and by moving to 28mm tires. Beyond that, though, it's going to cost a fortune. $300 for a new cockpit, $300 for a new cassette, and $350 for some new crank arms probably gets me half-a-kg. Looking at 7.45kg.

That's very aggravating. Feels like I should've just picked up a TCR or an Emonda. Especially considering the issues I've have with shifting and with my headset.

Having put a significant amount of money in at this point (at least $1500 after selling the factory wheels) to be at 8kg is kind of a joke' especially with 1350g wheels.
Hmm weird. Mine is 7.3kg. Non Hi-mod. Mostly Ultegra Di2 with Dura-ace FD. 50mm deep 30mm wide and 65mm deep 32mm wide clincher.
CVT09591.jpg
Some obvious place to save for most people on mid-low end build:
-Seatpost, the alloy seatpost is a pig at 246g. Change to carbon seatpost shred 100g instantly.
-Bar and stem doesn't have to be that expensive to be light. Kalloy Uno stem with Titanium bolt is sub $50 and around 100g. Find any light weight bar and you are at sub 200g under around $150. Combined weight to be around 300g. Compare that to 500g knot/save bar and stem...
-Rotor: Sram Centerline XR 160mm weight 131g each. Galfer 160mm weight 98g and 140mm weight 76g. 2x Sram XR 160mm to Galfer 160+140 shave 88 grams+ the weight of 140 to 160mm flat mount adapter at the rear.

Other not so worth it:
-Yes, Sram Force crank arm is heavier than Quarq D1 or Sram Red but probably not worth upgrading.
-Continental GP5000+ Latex tube would be lighter than Schwalbe Pro One. But you lose tubeless.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Hexsense wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:41 am
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

Hmm weird. Mine is 7.3kg. Non Hi-mod. Mostly Ultegra Di2 with Dura-ace FD. 50mm deep 30mm wide and 65mm deep 32mm wide clincher.
CVT09591.jpg

Some obvious place to save for most people on mid-low end build:
-Seatpost, the alloy seatpost is a pig at 246g. Change to carbon seatpost shred 100g instantly.
-Bar and stem doesn't have to be that expensive to be light. Kalloy Uno stem with Titanium bolt is sub $50 and around 100g. Find any light weight bar and you are at sub 200g under around $150. Combined weight to be around 300g. Compare that to 500g knot/save bar and stem...
-Rotor: Sram Centerline XR 160mm weight 131g each. Galfer 160mm weight 98g and 140mm weight 76g. 2x Sram XR 160mm to Galfer 160+140 shave 88 grams+ the weight of 140 to 160mm flat mount adapter at the rear.

Other not so worth it:
-Yes, Sram Force crank arm is heavier than Quarq D1 or Sram Red but probably not worth upgrading.
-Continental GP5000+ Latex tube would be lighter than Schwalbe Pro One. But you lose tubeless.
Excellent advice.

Couple of points: it came with the carbon seat post, and I have to use tubeless tires at least 28mm wide due to my wheels (the hookless 303s).

I'm guessing having a larger frame gives me 100g over you, Force is about 250g, cockpit 200g, and my wheels and tires combo is probably slightly lighter than yours. So, I guess it adds up. Ugh.

I would prefer not to give up integration, but can't have everything I guess.

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

Great looking bike, by the way.

dnb72

by dnb72

LedZeppelin007 wrote:

Does it have the knot cockpit and stock bar tape and bar end plugs? If so a cheap way to save weight would be to switch the bar end plugs for some push in one's, the ones that come it are surprisingly heavy! Another trick is to leave the tops of the bars unwrapped as long as they're still comfortable for you of course!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

LedZeppelin007

by LedZeppelin007

dnb72 wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:53 am
LedZeppelin007 wrote:

Does it have the knot cockpit and stock bar tape and bar end plugs? If so a cheap way to save weight would be to switch the bar end plugs for some push in one's, the ones that come it are surprisingly heavy! Another trick is to leave the tops of the bars unwrapped as long as they're still comfortable for you of course!
I actually prefer to have most of the tops unwrapped. Just took off the tape and plugs. Weighed about 110g. Probably save 30-40g by going to supercaz.

Good idea.

Also, weighed both the Force 10-33 and 10-36, for those interested. 10-33 was 268g and 10-36 was 311g.

So, if I put on new tape and go back to the 10-33, still looking at 7.92kg. Lol.